BCB's Top 101 Films Poll (2017 edition) - FULL RESULTS ARE UP!!

..and why not?
PresMuffley

Re: BCB's Top 100 Films Poll (2017 edition) - CLOSED!! PARTICIPANTS PLEASE SEND ME YOUR LISTS.

Postby PresMuffley » 03 May 2017, 22:51

So when's this shit getting started?
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.

algroth

Re: BCB's Top 100 Films Poll (2017 edition) - CLOSED!! PARTICIPANTS PLEASE SEND ME YOUR LISTS.

Postby algroth » 04 May 2017, 18:43

PresMuffley wrote:So when's this shit getting started?

I'm tallying the results right now, but am being a little slow due to some other projects I'm working on at the time. I'll have them ready by next week most likely!

martha
rambling rose

Postby martha » 06 May 2017, 06:44

Awesome thanks Algroth. Much appreciated.
--m.

algroth

Postby algroth » 11 May 2017, 17:37

A small update: I have been making some progress on the list and should have the first results up by monday. However, I *need* the lists from the participants missing. These are:

the masked man
Ghost of Harry Smith

Please send them as soon as you can! Otherwise, am I authorized to use the lists you made for the 2011 poll?

PresMuffley

Postby PresMuffley » 12 May 2017, 07:09

I do not like the idea of you using lists from 6 years ago. If you are going to do so, count me out.

algroth

Postby algroth » 12 May 2017, 07:55

PresMuffley wrote:I do not like the idea of you using lists from 6 years ago. If you are going to do so, count me out.

I am not, unless I get the consent from the authors. If their lists as were posted six years ago still applies to how they feel about their favorites today, I think it's reasonable to submit them as possible versions. I'm just trying to get things moving is all, and with the - unfortunately - pretty modest number of participants we had compared to last time, every vote counts.

fange
100% fangetastic

Postby fange » 12 May 2017, 08:13

Give them until you are ready, then go ahead and start, al. Nothing else you can do.
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

PresMuffley

Postby PresMuffley » 12 May 2017, 08:24

algroth wrote:
PresMuffley wrote:I do not like the idea of you using lists from 6 years ago. If you are going to do so, count me out.

I am not, unless I get the consent from the authors. If their lists as were posted six years ago still applies to how they feel about their favorites today, I think it's reasonable to submit them as possible versions. I'm just trying to get things moving is all, and with the - unfortunately - pretty modest number of participants we had compared to last time, every vote counts.

It's been nearly 3 weeks since the initial deadline you set. I feel your leniency and inclusivity have been more than enough at this point. If you are going to allow people to submit lists made years ago, I stand by what I said above: count me out.

martha
rambling rose

Postby martha » 12 May 2017, 08:32

algroth wrote:

Wow. Do you still have our old lists? I'd love to see mine as a compare and contrast exercise.
--m.

algroth

Postby algroth » 12 May 2017, 08:57

PresMuffley wrote:
algroth wrote:

It's been nearly 3 weeks since the initial deadline you set. I feel your leniency and inclusivity have been more than enough at this point. If you are going to allow people to submit lists made years ago, I stand by what I said above: count me out.

Alright. Sorry for bringing it up.

algroth

Postby algroth » 12 May 2017, 09:00

martha wrote:
algroth wrote:

Wow. Do you still have our old lists? I'd love to see mine as a compare and contrast exercise.

Well, some lists have been shared in the original thread, which can be viewed here: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=102469 If you didn't share it, however, I do have the full list of results on the document I used to tally the votes the first time around and so I could share them with you.

PresMuffley

Postby PresMuffley » 12 May 2017, 09:11

algroth wrote:Alright. Sorry for bringing it up.

No need to apologize, and I do understand your concern regarding the small number of participants. It's just that my belief in society adhering to certain principles overrides that concern.

Thanks.

algroth

Postby algroth » 12 May 2017, 09:23

PresMuffley wrote:

No need to apologize, and I do understand your concern regarding the small number of participants. It's just that my belief in society adhering to certain principles overrides that concern.

Thanks.

No problem, but I wasn't aware I was breaking any principles. I understand that using an outdated list in place of a new one in the user's name without their consent is wrong since it isn't their list of preferences as it exists today, and which is why I wouldn't go with it, but their consent or request to do so would change things as well. What did you take issue against?

martha
rambling rose

Postby martha » 12 May 2017, 10:15

Please don't waste your time on it, it was flippant of me to even say anything.
--m.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 12 May 2017, 10:18

I sent Andrew a pm on Facebook....
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

PresMuffley

Postby PresMuffley » 12 May 2017, 10:45

algroth wrote:
PresMuffley wrote:

Thanks.

No problem, but I wasn't aware I was breaking any principles. I understand that using an outdated list in place of a new one in the user's name without their consent is wrong since it isn't their list of preferences as it exists today, and which is why I wouldn't go with it, but their consent or request to do so would change things as well. What did you take issue against?

My issue is with people committing to something, not following through, and then having the rules bent to cater to their lack of effort. Granted, they didn't ask to have the rules changed, and I guess there weren't any real rules here to begin with, but there was a commitment made to put forth an effort. Furthermore, I find it hard to believe that anyone's list from 6 years ago would be wholly applicable to the present. It all rubs me the wrong way.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 12 May 2017, 11:37

I wouldn't expect them to be the same but I would expect a decent percentage of the films to be the same.

I don't have a problem with it at all.
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

algroth

Postby algroth » 12 May 2017, 18:43

PresMuffley wrote:
algroth wrote:
PresMuffley wrote:

Thanks.

My issue is with people committing to something, not following through, and then having the rules bent to cater to their lack of effort. Granted, they didn't ask to have the rules changed, and I guess there weren't any real rules here to begin with, but there was a commitment made to put forth an effort. Furthermore, I find it hard to believe that anyone's list from 6 years ago would be wholly applicable to the present. It all rubs me the wrong way.

Alright, thanks. The thought I had in mind regarding the rules was more that they existed as parametres to make the project doable moreso than to create a challenge or a frame of fairness so to speak - I was more interested in having as wide a sample of the forum's community as I could, as I reckoned that would make the results more representative of the community's general tastes (and I also reckoned the fun was in making and seeing the list that came out of it). I didn't consider how I was being unfair to those who put forth the *effort* to actually make their list. Again, sorry for that. :oops:

algroth

Postby algroth » 12 May 2017, 18:44

never/ever wrote:I sent Andrew a pm on Facebook....

Thanks! :)

algroth

Postby algroth » 12 May 2017, 18:44

martha wrote:Please don't waste your time on it, it was flippant of me to even say anything.

What do you mean, martha?

Return to “Screenadelica”