All six episodes of Black Mirror S3 now up on Netflix

..and why not?

All six episodes of Black Mirror S3 now up on Netflix

Postby ... » 21 Oct 2016, 08:03

Always found BM to be somewhat of a curate's egg of a TV show, tbh. That said, when its good, it's very, very good indeed so will probably bite the bullet and keep my Netflix subscription going for (yet!) another month.

driftin

Re: All six episodes of Black Mirror S3 now up on Netflix

Postby driftin » 25 Oct 2016, 14:04

I thought it was a terrific season, although the last episode with the bees got a bit far-fetched and the bad CGI was distracting.

San Junipero was utterly brilliant. Not only the best episode of the season, or the best of the entire show, but one of the best pieces of television I've ever seen. Wonderful.

jl

Postby jl » 28 Oct 2016, 12:44

I was put off by the Banksy-does-Twilight-Zone feel of the first season. I might give it another go.

Six String

Postby Six String » 01 Nov 2016, 04:22

fueryIre wrote:Always found BM to be somewhat of a curate's egg of a TV show, tbh. That said, when its good, it's very, very good indeed so will probably bite the bullet and keep my Netflix subscription going for (yet!) another month.

I've not heard about that one and while I'm normally not drawn to sci fi a lot, I love a good story regardless of genre so I watched the S1E1 and then S1E2. Both were well done. The first one regarding the pig and the PM was a little weird but again well done and what a story. Gee, I wonder where they got that idea? :)

I think I've found a new show to watch. Thanks!
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Postby ... » 01 Nov 2016, 07:34

Six String wrote:
fueryIre wrote:Always found BM to be somewhat of a curate's egg of a TV show, tbh. That said, when its good, it's very, very good indeed so will probably bite the bullet and keep my Netflix subscription going for (yet!) another month.

I've not heard about that one and while I'm normally not drawn to sci fi a lot, I love a good story regardless of genre so I watched the S1E1 and then S1E2. Both were well done. The first one regarding the pig and the PM was a little weird but again well done and what a story. Gee, I wonder where they got that idea? :)

I think I've found a new show to watch. Thanks!

Good to hear you like it!

Bizarrely, Black Mirror's PM and the pig story pre-dated the Cameron and the porker allegations by about a year...

While it's more Pan Book of Horror stories than straightforward science fiction, think you'd probably also like Inside No 9 from the League of Gentlemen's Reece Shearsmith and Steve Pemberton, both of the first two series - a third is due to start on BBC soon - of which are on Netflix

Six String

Postby Six String » 10 Nov 2016, 04:29

The show about the concerns over ratings on social media was crazy. Woah.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

HumanFrailty

Postby HumanFrailty » 11 Dec 2016, 08:23

driftin wrote:San Junipero was utterly brilliant. Not only the best episode of the season, or the best of the entire show, but one of the best pieces of television I've ever seen. Wonderful.

Co-sign that.

driftin

Postby driftin » 11 Dec 2016, 16:43

HumanFrailty wrote:
driftin wrote:San Junipero was utterly brilliant. Not only the best episode of the season, or the best of the entire show, but one of the best pieces of television I've ever seen. Wonderful.

Co-sign that.

:D

HF! There's a name I haven't seen in a long time!

HumanFrailty

Postby HumanFrailty » 12 Dec 2016, 06:08

driftin wrote:
HumanFrailty wrote:

Co-sign that.

:D

HF! There's a name I haven't seen in a long time!

Cheers! Great to hear from you again. ;)

This episode was lovely and was a nice change of pace from all the gloom of the other Black Mirror episodes. I love the 80s too so that's an added bonus.

Phil T

Postby Phil T » 12 Dec 2016, 12:03

I've seen this show trailed and various ads for it, but I have absolutely no idea what it is or what it's about.

Neige
Alpine Numpty
Location: On 2 oz of plastic with a hole in the middle (of nowhere)

Postby Neige » 12 Dec 2016, 22:22

I've just watched the Seasons 1 and 2 and the X-mas special from Channel 4. It's great TV, mostly!

I get Netflix on my cable TV network starting today, so I'll watch the new season eventually (I'll have to sign up first)
Thumpety-thump beats plinkety-plonk every time. - Rayge

Ghost of Harry Smith

Postby Ghost of Harry Smith » 13 Dec 2016, 01:56

Coincidentally I've recently watched Seasons 1 &2 and the Xmas special too. I found the White Bear episode particularly unnerving.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 24 Jan 2017, 17:51

Someone recommended "Black Mirror" on a Twilight Zone group I'm in on Facebook. I was going to start a thread on it to ask for opinions, but I see there's already a thread here!
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

Return to “Screenadelica”