SAS Who Dares Wins Season 3

..and why not?
Dr Markus

SAS Who Dares Wins Season 3

Postby Dr Markus » 12 Oct 2016, 19:44

Any Irish or british people gonna watch this? I guess others can watch it too on the interweb.

The first season was brilliant, it was half competition, half documentary about the SAS. The documentary part was interviews with the ex SAS staff and the kinda things they went through. I'm fascinated by the mental side of it, like how the competitors will service and how they keep pushing themselves, rather than the specific exercises they have to do.

Season one information.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/sas-who-dares-wins
Last edited by Dr Markus on 22 Jan 2018, 14:15, edited 1 time in total.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Dr Markus

Re: SAS Who Dares Wins Season 2

Postby Dr Markus » 25 Oct 2016, 16:38

No takers?
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

driftin

Postby driftin » 25 Oct 2016, 17:30

Ooh, I quite liked this last time around. Thanks for reminding me there's a new one.

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 28 Oct 2016, 13:54

My wife watches it and I sort of "ambiently" watch whilst I read.

It's good. The most interesting thing I get from it is that the sort of testosterone fuelled beefcakes who think they'd be in the SAS are weeded out early on. It's all about mindset and IIRC from the last season, being "grey" - not being noticed as it were but also with psychological strength. Having said that, the main ex-forces guy in it is the sort of tesosterone mad nutter you think would be in it.

The story about the Dad who lost his son in Afghanistan was very sad. It also highlights just how many men feel they need to prove themselves.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 18 Nov 2016, 13:04

Didn't live up to last season for some reason, probably because I kinda knew what was coming. I think the next season, if there is one, will have the ladies instead of men.

driftin

Postby driftin » 22 Nov 2016, 16:54

Finished it. I liked it but don't remember enough of Season 1 to compare.

The ending was bizarre to me though. It was as if after all that gruelling hardship and training they're saying goodbye to the winner and releasing him back into civilian life. I want to know what happens afterwards.

Poor Mohammed was constantly hanging on by a thread and made it through to the final round only to have a near mental breakdown thanks to that psychological torture test. Good on him for making it that far though, he had a lot of integrity and determination even if he wasn't going to make it to the end.

Dr Markus

Re: SAS Who Dares Wins Season 3

Postby Dr Markus » 22 Jan 2018, 14:19

The 3rd season has been good so far. They had to shake it up a little as I thought the 2nd season was by the numbers. Last episode was tight, one contestant lied about being in the military for 3 years. The 'DS' were fucking livid, the word cunt was thrown around too. I can only imagine how disrespectful and insulting to someone in the military who has lost fellow soldiers that can be.

Return to “Screenadelica”