The Exorcist (TV Show)

..and why not?
Dr Markus

The Exorcist (TV Show)

Postby Dr Markus » 03 Oct 2016, 14:12

Starts soon on fox. I don't know why, but I'm not confident about this show compared to say westword. It will be interesting to see were they go with this. Geena Davis is the only name I know from the cast, remember her? Oh, and Alan ruck.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Jimbly

Re: The Exorcist (TV Show)

Postby Jimbly » 03 Oct 2016, 18:45

I'm hoping they go a Blade Runner way. The devil doesn't know he's the devil etc.
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 03 Oct 2016, 19:16

Probably can't be more disappointing than the "Damien" series on A & E.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 03 Oct 2016, 19:34

pcqgod wrote:Probably can't be more disappointing than the "Damien" series on A & E.

I never heard of that, really really bad?
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 03 Oct 2016, 20:16

Dr Markus wrote:
pcqgod wrote:Probably can't be more disappointing than the "Damien" series on A & E.

I never heard of that, really really bad?

Not terrible, but ultimately disappointing. It did have its moments.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

Postby ... » 04 Oct 2016, 07:53

Jeemo wrote:

I'm hoping they go a Blade Runner way. The devil doesn't know he's the devil etc.

Think this would be too big of a jump from Blatty's original book and Friedkin's classic 70s movie.

There is, however, a show called Lucifer where Satan moves to Los Angeles which would have had lots of scope for devilry. Sadly, whilst he still has powers, the devil is apparently reformed character and gets a job with the LAPD where he uses his amazing abilities for good. Just another lame cop show with a superhero thrown into the mix in other words. Needless to say, no amount of sorcery will be getting me to watch!

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 04 Oct 2016, 09:02

fueryIre wrote:
Jeemo wrote:

Think this would be too big of a jump from Blatty's original book and Friedkin's classic 70s movie.

There is, however, a show called Lucifer where Satan moves to Los Angeles which would have had lots of scope for devilry. Sadly, whilst he still has powers, the devil is apparently reformed character and gets a job with the LAPD where he uses his amazing abilities for good. Just another lame cop show with a superhero thrown into the mix in other words. Needless to say, no amount of sorcery will be getting me to watch!

I was kidding. Our esteemed scriptwriter wanted Westworld to be Blade Runnery.
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 18 Nov 2016, 13:12

Up to date now, better than I expected to be honest. The "horror" is effective in it's small and large doses.

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 18 Nov 2016, 13:29

I watched the first two episodes, which for a TV series is about par for the course for me. The ending of the second episode just disappointed me massively, and made me think it was going to be very much like a tv series. Which seem to be innately disappointing.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 15 Dec 2016, 20:14

Kept with it and it's good enough to retain my interest though the main dude can ham it up sometimes.

Return to “Screenadelica”