Rogue One trailer

..and why not?
Conrad Knight Socks
Poptastic

Rogue One trailer

Postby Conrad Knight Socks » 07 Apr 2016, 21:31

...looks not too bad at all.
I kept thinking "swim as far as you can, swim as far as you can".

Darryl Strawberry

Re: Rogue One trailer

Postby Darryl Strawberry » 07 Apr 2016, 22:46

Indeed. Me and the boy were very excited this afternoon.
Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
John Coan, with nothing else to do, wrote:I just Googled his name!

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 08 Apr 2016, 00:14

Am I missing something here? The main character has to get the plans for the deathstar? Is that not the same as the very first star wars? The only difference is that the first one didn't show how they physically got the plans. How many groups of rebels tried to nick these plans? Did the rebels sub contract this out to different people?
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Conrad Knight Socks
Poptastic

Postby Conrad Knight Socks » 08 Apr 2016, 06:58

Dr Markus wrote:Am I missing something here? The main character has to get the plans for the deathstar? Is that not the same as the very first star wars? The only difference is that the first one didn't show how they physically got the plans. How many groups of rebels tried to nick these plans? Did the rebels sub contract this out to different people?

I understand it is meant to fill in what happened just before the start of the first star wars film.
I kept thinking "swim as far as you can, swim as far as you can".

Darryl Strawberry

Postby Darryl Strawberry » 08 Apr 2016, 07:25

Dr Markus wrote:Am I missing something here? The main character has to get the plans for the deathstar? Is that not the same as the very first star wars? The only difference is that the first one didn't show how they physically got the plans. How many groups of rebels tried to nick these plans? Did the rebels sub contract this out to different people?

Yes you are missing something. The recovery of the plans is no part of the first star wars. Leia has the plans on the Tantive IV. How did she get them?

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 08 Apr 2016, 09:19

Huge great big fuck off AT-Ats and Felicity Jones beating people up. Excellent!
German Dave wrote:Have a long hard look in the mirror will you

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 08 Apr 2016, 12:08

I like the look of it.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 08 Apr 2016, 13:02

The dialogue is a bit ripe but you know.

Just seeing the At-Ats gave me a wee star wars semi
German Dave wrote:Have a long hard look in the mirror will you

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 08 Apr 2016, 15:29

K wrote: Yes you are missing something. The recovery of the plans is no part of the first star wars. Leia has the plans on the Tantive IV. How did she get them?

Dr Markus wrote:Am I missing something here? The main character has to get the plans for the deathstar? Is that not the same as the very first star wars? The only difference is that the first one didn't show how they physically got the plans.

Just expecting something a bit more original somehow, some way.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Darryl Strawberry

Postby Darryl Strawberry » 08 Apr 2016, 15:32

Dr Markus wrote:Am I missing something here? The main character has to get the plans for the deathstar? Is that not the same as the very first star wars?

No. The main character does not have to get the plans for the Death Star in the first film.

Dr Markus wrote:The only difference is that the first one didn't show how they physically got the plans.

The only difference? Can you list the similarities for me, other than similar characters, which is like looking at two World War II films and moaning they both have soldiers in them.

Darryl Strawberry

Postby Darryl Strawberry » 08 Apr 2016, 15:44

Am I missing something here? The main character has to run the Mafia? Is that not the same as the very first Godfather? The only difference is that the first one didn't show how they physically got to be Godfather.

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 08 Apr 2016, 16:07

K wrote:
Dr Markus wrote:Am I missing something here? The main character has to get the plans for the deathstar? Is that not the same as the very first star wars?

No. The main character does not have to get the plans for the Death Star in the first film.

Dr Markus wrote:The only difference is that the first one didn't show how they physically got the plans.

The only difference? Can you list the similarities for me, other than similar characters, which is like looking at two World War II films and moaning they both have soldiers in them.

1. He has to get them to the rebels, same difference.
2. See point 1, The only difference is the phyiscal getting of said plans.

Splitting hairs to be honest, but like i said was expecting something more original, some how, some way.

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 08 Apr 2016, 16:09

K wrote:Am I missing something here? The main character has to run the Mafia? Is that not the same as the very first Godfather? The only difference is that the first one didn't show how they physically got to be Godfather.

:lol:.

jimboo

Postby jimboo » 08 Apr 2016, 16:59

Will the new characters look cool when made into dollies and left in their box next to the lego, er At-Ats ?
Goat Boy wrote:Oh, do fuck off, prog boy.

driftin

Postby driftin » 08 Apr 2016, 17:48

The point of this is to show how the rebels got the plans before Star Wars (1977) took place.

One thing I don't get is when they're reprimanding her they list off a bunch of her offences and the first is forging Imperial documents. Perhaps there's something untold going on but why would they care about a rogue without sides forging enemy stuff?

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 08 Apr 2016, 17:51

driftin wrote:The point of this is to show how the rebels got the plans before Star Wars (1977) took place.

Yeah i get that, just thought they could have went a different route is all.

driftin

Postby driftin » 09 Apr 2016, 13:55

Dr Markus wrote:
driftin wrote:The point of this is to show how the rebels got the plans before Star Wars (1977) took place.

Yeah i get that, just thought they could have went a different route is all.

What kind of route were you thinking?

The trailer certainly took me by surprise. No John Williams fanfare, a very dark tone, a cliched alarm noise repeating itself to different images of war. It's very different compared to the trailers of The Force Awakens which promote it as an old fashioned fun space opera.

The Great Defector

Postby The Great Defector » 10 Apr 2016, 15:46

I don't know, give me the money the writer/writers are getting and I'll think one up.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 11 Apr 2016, 17:06

Many Bothans will die.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

Darryl Strawberry

Postby Darryl Strawberry » 11 Apr 2016, 17:35

pcqgod wrote:Many Bothans will die.

That was Return of the Jedi. This is to do with Death Star I.