Up Coming Superhero Films

..and why not?
Dr Markus

Up Coming Superhero Films

Postby Dr Markus » 29 Mar 2016, 11:04

Excited or too much?
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Re: Up Coming Superhero Films

Postby Goat Boy » 29 Mar 2016, 11:30

They need to fucking die
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 29 Mar 2016, 12:11

Who or what is a Dr strange or the black panther?
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Postby ... » 29 Mar 2016, 17:35

Depressing. No wonder the only time I go to the cinema these days is when I'm in Hong Kong after being kicked out of my hotel around 13 hours before my flight back to Europe takes off

Fonz

Postby Fonz » 30 Mar 2016, 06:59

I like them.
This resurgence has come at the right time for me and my 5yr old boy.
I'm totally Marvel-I learned to read with Spidey.
My boy likes DC as well. Traitor!
By and large, the Marvel films of the last 5 years have been wonderful.

Can't understand why we need repeated Spidey origins films though...
Heyyyy!

"Fonz clearly has no fucks to give. I like the cut of his Cupicidal gib."

Postby ... » 30 Mar 2016, 08:02

Fonz wrote:I like them.

Their insistence on repeatedly making crap Fantastic Four films is an even bigger mystery

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 30 Mar 2016, 10:43

I don't get it at all. Superhero films are targeted at adults, but have infantile content. Whereas actual comics are targeted at young kids, but are unreadable by anyone without a doctorate in linguistics.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

Fonz

Postby Fonz » 30 Mar 2016, 12:01

Darkness_Fish wrote:I don't get it at all. Superhero films are targeted at adults, but have infantile content. Whereas actual comics are targeted at young kids, but are unreadable by anyone without a doctorate in linguistics.

I understand your points.

However, as a young child, the Marvel Universe and the real world were the same thing to me.
It took a bit of head-scratching as a ten year old to realise that Spidey didn't really exist.
He was a formative part of my childhood.

These films are brilliant nostalgia.
Heyyyy!

Fonz

Postby Fonz » 30 Mar 2016, 12:02

dp
Heyyyy!

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 30 Mar 2016, 20:03

fueryhk(redux) wrote:
Fonz wrote:I like them.

Their insistence on repeatedly making crap Fantastic Four films is an even bigger mystery

Yeah, let it go film companies.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 30 Mar 2016, 20:05

Another reason for a lot of them could be that the ability to make them properly and do them justice with the special effects are now available. Whereas in the past they weren’t, so it’s kinda a make up for lost time type of thing.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 30 Mar 2016, 20:40

K wrote:
Dr Markus wrote:Another reason for a lot of them could be that the ability to make them properly and do them justice with the special effects are now available. Whereas in the past they weren’t, so it’s kinda a make up for lost time type of thing.

A man is riding on a train when a second gentleman gets on and sits down across from him. The first man notices the second is holding an oddly shaped package.
"What is that?" the first man asks.
"A MacGuffin, a tool used to hunt lions in the Scottish highlands."
"But there are no lions in the Scottish highlands," says the first man.
"Well then," says the other, "That's no MacGuffin".

Hmmm interesting.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 30 Mar 2016, 20:48

Media studies.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 31 Mar 2016, 15:31

Dr Markus wrote:Image

Excited or too much?

Jeebuz! (Though the first several on that chart have already been released).

Literally the only one from that list I'm interested in currently is 'Captain America: Civil War' because 1) the first two Captain America movies were excellent, 2) in the comics "Civil War" turns a favorite Marvel hero into an outright villain, so I want to see how that plays out, and 3) Spider-Man makes his first Marvel Cinematic Universe appearance thanks to a deal struck with Sony Pictures.

'Ant Man' and 'Guardians of the Galaxy' were fun, but I don't know if I want sequels. Most MCU sequels have been disappointing to me. 'Inhumans' would interest me, but for the way they've introduced the title characters in 'Agents of SHIELD.' After 'Batman v. Superman' I can't say I'm terribly excited about any future DC universe movies. Certainly not the one with Khal Drogo as Aquaman.

Here's one that might be fun for nostalgic reasons (or it might suck, like "Land of the Lost")

Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 31 Mar 2016, 15:35

Oh, and I want to see the new X-Men, obviously. Even the weak ones in that series are head and shoulders above any other mainstream superhero franchise.

And Fantastic Four 2 has as much chance of happening now as Ishtar 2.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Postman

Postby Your Friendly Neighbourhood Postman » 04 Apr 2016, 08:22

Apparently these movies fill a void.

In the classic film stills thread, which I adore, and will give a good bump or two today, there are so many films that were appealing to a broad audience way back when. They did reasonably to very well at the box office.

I think that something essential has left western cultures (or is that: all cultures?).
On the whole, I'd rather be in Wallenpaupack.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 22 Oct 2016, 16:16

Despite the now sadly clichéd use of Cash's Hurt. This trailer does make me want to see this film.

Return to “Screenadelica”