Binge Watching

..and why not?
Neige
Alpine Numpty
Location: On 2 oz of plastic with a hole in the middle (of nowhere)

Re: Binge Watching

Postby Neige » 11 Jan 2017, 08:44

Got all three series of the BBC show Ashes to Ashes for next to nothing in a local charity shop:

Not really sure about the central plot idea, but I thoroughly enjoyed it - great characters, great acting, fabulous dialogue (with lovely northern accents) and lovingly presented eighties vibe visually, musically... and historically.

Talking about accents, can anyone enlighten me? Are Gene, Ray, Chris and Shaz all talking Mancunian or are there differences?

Anyway, I'm very tempted to get Life on Mars next.
Thumpety-thump beats plinkety-plonk every time. - Rayge

Postby ... » 11 Jan 2017, 08:49

Neige wrote:Got all three series of the BBC show Ashes to Ashes for next to nothing in a local charity shop:

Not really sure about the central plot idea, but I thoroughly enjoyed it - great characters, great acting, fabulous dialogue (with lovely northern accents) and lovingly presented eighties vibe visually, musically... and historically.

Talking about accents, can anyone enlighten me? Are Gene, Ray, Chris and Shaz all talking Mancunian or are there differences?

Anyway, I'm very tempted to get Life on Mars next.

While it's probably already too late, If you've not yet seen the boxset all the way through, you should really get and watch LOM first as A2A is a sequel and the earlier Manchester-set series lays the ground for much of what happens when the team moves to London.

Some of the accents in LOM/A2A are indeed Mancunian - although nothing like as hard on the ear as the average Manc's. That said, Dean Andrews' Ray is more Yorkshire (thought he was from in or around Hull but just looked him up and he was born in Rotherham).

Neige
Alpine Numpty
Location: On 2 oz of plastic with a hole in the middle (of nowhere)

Postby Neige » 11 Jan 2017, 10:25

Cheers!
I know that AtA was a sequel to LoM and that the last episode of AtA explains the whole thing (Daniel Mays was amazing as Jim Keats in Series 3, by the way), but it is more about the pleasure of watching these guys interact whitin every episode than about the general plot, IMO.
Thumpety-thump beats plinkety-plonk every time. - Rayge

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 02 Feb 2017, 19:18

slightbreeze wrote:Image

Just caught parts 1-4 on a plane ride and except for how the airline censored the shits and fucks for skips and fricks it is a compelling show. The relationship between the good guy attorney's wife and her position in the bad guy's company is rather hard to believe.
Question authority.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 06 Feb 2017, 21:39

Last couple of weeks: "The Magicians," season one.

Will start on "The Expanse," season one soon.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

Return to “Screenadelica”