Binge Watching

..and why not?
Loki
The Goddess of Mischief

Re: Binge Watching

Postby Loki » 12 Feb 2016, 18:36

You can talk about the show, you can even say things like you did, just give a SPOILER warning.

whodathunkit wrote: Somewhere it's always 1972.

Loki
The Goddess of Mischief

Postby Loki » 14 Feb 2016, 03:43

Quacoan wrote:
Loki wrote:Death Valley Days - quite a few of the actors who show up on Chaparral have been on this show as well, along with other period-piece westerns. I'll put it on my list, thanx!

Note that Death Valley Days is pretty dry, like the Dragnet of the old west. But I've only seen a few episodes of that one.

Well I watched the last episode of season 3 (High Chaparral) last nite.....season-enders were nothing special back then like they are now, with the cliffhangers and action-filled ones we get now in a lot of series'.

There were 4 seasons, but one of the major characters - the teen heartthrob - doesn't return, and is never referred to or mentioned again, which did not strike much of a chord with fans, understandably. Season 4 isn't on YT anyway, so I'm done. *sniff*

Looking at maybe doing another Western.....Rawhide..?*

*Just had a brainstorm.....I think I might watch a bunch of pilots eps - whichever ones are available - and then decide. It'll be interesting to compare them, and see the original characters.

Speaking of dry, I watched the first couple of episodes of the original Dark Shadows.....I didn't watch it in the 60s, so I read some reviews which say the first season is pretty much all character development - the exciting stuff doesn't start til season 2! It seems a bit stiff, and looking at some YT 'bloopers', I guess it was recorded live, as even when they flub they just keep right on going, like a stage play. It has that 'videotaped' look, like say All in the Family.

I was always befuddled as to why Jonathan Frid was all over the teen mags. He was an older guy, and not handsome in my book, so why was he pictured next to Davy Jones, Bobby Sherman and Mark what's-his-name from Paul Revere & the Raiders?? Also, in reading up on him, I discovered he's Canadian, and from my Dad's hometown.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 14 Feb 2016, 21:05

The Tick versus Season One
WKRP in Cincinnati
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 15 Feb 2016, 21:11

Sat up watching Ash vs the evil dead untill 05:30 am. It really is awhole lot better than was i thought it was going to be like. Plus "Kelly" is very easy on the eye.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Quaco
F R double E

Postby Quaco » 16 Feb 2016, 17:44

Loki wrote:Speaking of dry, I watched the first couple of episodes of the original Dark Shadows.....I didn't watch it in the 60s, so I read some reviews which say the first season is pretty much all character development - the exciting stuff doesn't start til season 2! It seems a bit stiff, and looking at some YT 'bloopers', I guess it was recorded live, as even when they flub they just keep right on going, like a stage play. It has that 'videotaped' look, like say All in the Family.

I was always befuddled as to why Jonathan Frid was all over the teen mags. He was an older guy, and not handsome in my book, so why was he pictured next to Davy Jones, Bobby Sherman and Mark what's-his-name from Paul Revere & the Raiders?? Also, in reading up on him, I discovered he's Canadian, and from my Dad's hometown.

Yes, Dark Shadows -- I am strangely interested in that too. I too remember it from all the magazines. I assumed it was an intense horror show, like Night Gallery, but it seems to be more like a soap opera. Must get into it to find out for sure, though.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Loki
The Goddess of Mischief

Postby Loki » 16 Feb 2016, 21:11

Oh yeah, definitely a soap. After watching the quality of the first eps, I'm just not sure how the actual 'horror' is going to play out - seems it might be fairly cheesy?! But it was such a popular show. Maybe becuz nothing like it had ever been on TV.

Loki
The Goddess of Mischief

Postby Loki » 16 Feb 2016, 21:14

And now I see it was a 'summer replacement' series of sorts, like The Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour? Weird.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 19 Feb 2016, 04:01

No spoilers except to say there are a lot of slit throats and pretty boobies in season 4 of Game of Thrones which I watched two episodes per night this week. I'm still not a believer in the magical parts of the show but I happily buy the gritty and gruesome parts. On to season 5!
Question authority.

Nick Danger

Postby Nick Danger » 19 Feb 2016, 13:37

pcqgod wrote:Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law

I bought all three seasons of this. Loved it, very funny.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 19 Feb 2016, 21:15

I had read that second season of Penny Dreadful was good so I put it on my machine to watch up at my school to pass the nights. Well, I found each episode entertaining enough but the whole series not so binge-able. One show at a time was fine. I'm up to ep 8 with two to go. There is a Cowboys and Aliens type of concept going on in the show in that the makers have said what if we blend every well known monster meme into one show. It is amazing well done TV but not a favorite.
Question authority.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 20 Feb 2016, 23:40

Nick Danger wrote:
pcqgod wrote:Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law

I bought all three seasons of this. Loved it, very funny.

I watch the entire first season in one night. Must have more soon.

quix

Postby quix » 24 Feb 2016, 20:31

I was on my way over to Breaking Bad the night before last but got side tracked by Bloodline.

6 episodes in...

Ben Mendelsohn. Wow!

Ghost of Harry Smith

Postby Ghost of Harry Smith » 24 Feb 2016, 22:05

quix wrote:I was on my way over to Breaking Bad the night before last but got side tracked by Bloodline.

6 episodes in...

Ben Mendelsohn. Wow!

I'm a bit pissed off Ben M didn't win any awards for this role. He's the best thing in it by a country mile, even among actors of the calibre of Sam Shephard, Sissy Spacek etc.

quix

Postby quix » 24 Feb 2016, 22:32

Ghost of Harry Smith wrote:
quix wrote:I was on my way over to Breaking Bad the night before last but got side tracked by Bloodline.

6 episodes in...

Ben Mendelsohn. Wow!

I'm a bit pissed off Ben M didn't win any awards for this role. He's the best thing in it by a country mile, even among actors of the calibre of Sam Shephard, Sissy Spacek etc.

He's incredible. Reminds me of Martthew McConaughey's performance in True Detective.

Postby ... » 09 Mar 2016, 09:49

Just three episodes of the Knick to go. Fabulous series.

There are rumblings on IMDB that there may now be a third, fourth, fifth and even sixth series.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2937900/boa ... 413815?p=1

Not sure if this is a good idea or not. Will wait to see how the last three episodes pan out

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 16 Mar 2016, 16:25

Up to ep 6 season 1 of Vikings. If you like Bernard Cornwell medieval era kind of books, and I do, then this is a series for you.

It is now 4:45 am and I have watched all of season one. Good show!
Question authority.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 21 Mar 2016, 09:45

For a change of pace I checked out Hap and Leonard. I am a fan of the Hap and Leonard series of books by Joe R. Landsdale, hard boiled but funny Texas odd couple amigos who get themselves into and out of trouble. Really good books. Check them out. I was excited to see a new TV series based on the duo but after watching the first two I am not hot to carry on watching. They just don't fit my image from the books and meh. One of my first disappointments in the new TV world.
Question authority.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 22 Mar 2016, 19:38

Prior seasons of Game of Thrones.

Man, this show is violent.

Ray K.

Postby Ray K. » 23 Mar 2016, 21:55

Been down with the flu for the last few days resulting in watching Daredevil season 2, Wolf Hall and Flaked season 1 (with any NCAA games tossed in as well).

hippopotamus

Postby hippopotamus » 24 Mar 2016, 22:44

I'm sure there's a thread on here somewhere, but I've just started watching Friday Night Lights... I KNOW I'm late to the party (again), but it Is really good.
Diamond Dog wrote:
nev gash wrote:What is point?

Indeed, what is point?

Return to “Screenadelica”