Girls (HBO)

..and why not?
naughty boy
hounds people off the board

Girls (HBO)

Postby naughty boy » 20 Sep 2014, 21:33

Is anyone still watching this? I just finished the third season and it was excellent.
Last edited by naughty boy on 13 Apr 2016, 18:05, edited 1 time in total.
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Re: Girls

Postby The Modernist » 20 Sep 2014, 22:10

I do wish you'd stop shoving all this American tv down our necks!

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 20 Sep 2014, 22:20

I can't remember the last UK show to hold my interest. Though i am seeking out luther, which is suppose to be the puppy's privates.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

naughty boy

Postby naughty boy » 20 Sep 2014, 22:21

Shove it up yer arses then!
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

mentalist (slight return)
under mi sensi

Postby mentalist (slight return) » 21 Sep 2014, 01:35

if you like Girls, try Broad City :D
king of the divan

martha
rambling rose

Postby martha » 27 Sep 2014, 00:24

I wanted to like it. But the characters are the reason that I can't live in San Francisco anymore. So I didn't.
--m.

Tapiocahead

Postby Tapiocahead » 27 Sep 2014, 00:27

I love it. I think we've only seen season 1 & 2 though
Fishstick selling fuck

naughty boy

Postby naughty boy » 27 Sep 2014, 21:23

Tapiocahead wrote:I love it. I think we've only seen season 1 & 2 though

I think season 3 is the best so far.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 30 Sep 2014, 02:42

Watched episodes one and two and all I can do is to echo the words of the gynecologist character who thanked God she was no longer a twenty year old. I'm telling you my 20s were the worst time of my life as far as being unsure about everything. In the first episode the main "girl's" parents cut off their daughter because Mom wants that lake house and I understand them perfectly. My son is 27 and living with us and I wonder when we will kick him out. On the other hand, though he has a job, thank goodness, he can't afford an apartment in Tokyo and he isn't that bad of a housemate. I am hoping his 30s will somehow transform him into a free bird who will leave me alone.
Question authority.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 03 Oct 2014, 00:56

Interesting interview with Lena Dunham over on Fresh Air.
Question authority.

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 03 Oct 2014, 11:00

Really struggled with this series. It was just a bit too crude for me, which probably means I'm getting too old to relate to this kind of stuff. There are a couple of great characters in it, but I don't think this is a series for me.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 03 Oct 2014, 14:48

martha wrote:But the characters are the reason that I can't live in San Francisco anymore.

The characters in a TV show are the reason you can't live there? Not the rampant hyper-gentrification that's purging the city of its very soul?

I guess I need to watch more TV.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 03 Oct 2014, 15:00

I'd never heard of it, but just went and looked at a few clips that I really enjoyed.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

naughty boy

Postby naughty boy » 03 Oct 2014, 15:10

It's a world that's almost completely alien to me (and I reckon to most other people here, too) and most of the main characters are obnoxious, but it's still very enjoyable. Some great cameo performances too. Lena Dunham is a serious talent.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 03 Oct 2014, 15:52

The G Experience! wrote:I do wish you'd stop shoving all this American tv down our necks!

Absolutely! The mans obsessed.

I remember when Screenadelica was for the BCB elite.

Shall we restart the FILM CLUB?
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

naughty boy

Postby naughty boy » 03 Oct 2014, 15:56

Ooooooh Antoniounouiounouoinouiou and his unheralded 1974 masterpiece 'The Criminal'!

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 03 Oct 2014, 16:19

the HINTO wrote:Shove it up yer arses then!

I only have Freeview so have no idea about some of these shows.
I won't have that Sky in my home and unfortunately, I'm not in a Virgin cabled area.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 03 Oct 2014, 23:40

Goat Boy wrote:
The G Experience! wrote:I do wish you'd stop shoving all this American tv down our necks!

Screenadelica used to get so much flak didn't it? It was just for film snobs and all that nonsense.
Now it's just a forum for the most mundane tv shows. This isn't a rant against televison btw, I certainly wouldn't deny the quality of some of HBO's best stuff, but there's too many threads on bland comedies and soap operas. It's by far the least essential of the four forums I visit and it used to be my favourite.

naughty boy

Postby naughty boy » 13 Apr 2016, 18:05

Anyone still ABOARD?

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 13 Apr 2016, 19:24

The Modernist wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:

Screenadelica used to get so much flak didn't it? It was just for film snobs and all that nonsense.
Now it's just a forum for the most mundane tv shows. This isn't a rant against televison btw, I certainly wouldn't deny the quality of some of HBO's best stuff, but there's too many threads on bland comedies and soap operas. It's by far the least essential of the four forums I visit and it used to be my favourite.

I dunno Moddie. Goat Boy has a point. Screenadelica has been delivered away from the elite - which accounts for its great popularity with the masses.
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Return to “Screenadelica”