..and why not?
Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Re: Where should I start with Sherlock?

Postby Copehead » 28 Jan 2017, 00:26

fueryIre wrote:
Geezee wrote:
Copehead wrote:
I know Rother, I have no idea why I quoted your post really.
It wasn't a dig at you, I think it was just because yours was the last post and I didn't want mine to stand alone like and orphaned child. :)

??

But surely after years of rending your garments, gnashing your teeth and wailing uselessly at the uncaring heavens, you must be used to your status as the board's voice crying in the wilderness by now, Copey?

Used to it but still don't accept it
Wounds are all I'm made of; Did I hear you say that this is victory?

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

PENK
Midnight to Six Man

Postby PENK » 01 Apr 2017, 20:17

fueryIre wrote:Having heard Toby Jones was the guest star, just watched last night's. While the sight of TJ channeling Jimmy Savile - yellow teeth and all - was pretty damn good, I think any show which is reliant on that hoary old device of the villain's being covertly recorded while he confesses all can be said to have gone several stops past its sell-by date.

We finally got around to watching the second episode now, having not bothered for a while after the first one was so stupid.

I thought it was a big improvement - my girlfriend enjoyed it but not being British, didn't get the Savile stuff, just finding Jones overly creepy - but was spoiled by yet another preposterous "revelation" at the end.

I suppose we'll watch the last one at some point this week, although those last couple of minutes really put a dampener on the enthusiasm I'd started to regain.
Darkness_Fish wrote:One slight disappointment was that there turns out to be two cinemas in Bolton

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 11 Jul 2017, 21:00

Watched part of a marathon on BBC America this past Sunday while doing work around the house. Was the final scene in "A Scandal in Belgravia" supposed to be real or just something Irene Adler imagined?
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

Bride Of Sea Of Tunes

Postby Bride Of Sea Of Tunes » 15 Jul 2017, 15:52

brotherlouie wrote:Skip the PoMo nonsense and watch the Jeremy Brett series.

The final verdict.

Well said that man.
The invisible and the non-existing very much look alike.

Return to “Screenadelica”