Where should I start with Sherlock?

..and why not?
Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Re: Where should I start with Sherlock?

Postby Penk! » 01 Apr 2017, 20:17

fueryIre wrote:Having heard Toby Jones was the guest star, just watched last night's. While the sight of TJ channeling Jimmy Savile - yellow teeth and all - was pretty damn good, I think any show which is reliant on that hoary old device of the villain's being covertly recorded while he confesses all can be said to have gone several stops past its sell-by date.

We finally got around to watching the second episode now, having not bothered for a while after the first one was so stupid.

I thought it was a big improvement - my girlfriend enjoyed it but not being British, didn't get the Savile stuff, just finding Jones overly creepy - but was spoiled by yet another preposterous "revelation" at the end.

I suppose we'll watch the last one at some point this week, although those last couple of minutes really put a dampener on the enthusiasm I'd started to regain.
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 11 Jul 2017, 21:00

Watched part of a marathon on BBC America this past Sunday while doing work around the house. Was the final scene in "A Scandal in Belgravia" supposed to be real or just something Irene Adler imagined?
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Postman

Postby Your Friendly Neighbourhood Postman » 15 Jul 2017, 15:52

brotherlouie wrote:Skip the PoMo nonsense and watch the Jeremy Brett series.

The final verdict.

Well said that man.
On the whole, I'd rather be in Wallenpaupack.

Return to “Screenadelica”