The Blacklist

..and why not?
Dr Markus

The Blacklist

Postby Dr Markus » 30 Nov 2013, 17:45

Any takers? It started off a bit too rushed but i think it's one of the best shows on right now. It's not perfect, but it's entertaining. Some episodes wrap up a bit too quickly, but spader is just so watchable. I kinda forgot about him when he seemed to drift away from films but i'm glad he's back on my radar. The girl playing Kean is very good too and has the most square face and jaw i've ever seen on a woman. Thing is, she's a good looking lass. The scenes between her and spader work well.

So any taker at all?
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Re: The Blacklist

Postby yomptepi » 01 Dec 2013, 16:23

I like it a lot. I hope it doesn't get too formulaic over the next episodes though. But there are plenty of plot lines running at the moment to keep it interesting.
You don't like me...do you?

Billybob Dylan
Bonehead

Postby Billybob Dylan » 01 Dec 2013, 19:27

I'd read a few negative reviews, and as it clashes with Castle, I didn't bother. Then I read a couple of reviews, about 4 episodes in, saying it's worth sticking with so I watched the first 4 episodes online and now I really like it.

I like the intrigue about the FBI agent's husband which helps to make the show less one dimensional. I have a theory about her, too, but I'm not going to post any spoilers here.
"I've been reduced to thruppence!"

watts

Postby watts » 02 Dec 2013, 20:12

I like it. Production values are FAR too low for things like location shots and special effects. But I like it. I just feel like I know exactly where it is going. Jeff and I have a bet on it. He thinks Spader's the agent's dad. I think Spader is Mrs. Havisham. We'll see who is right.
--m

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 02 Dec 2013, 20:51

I'd be seriously pissed off if he is her da. That would be too easy. I hoping her da helped him disappear and then made him promise to look after her from something. Anything but that he's her da.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

ChrisB
Can I Get To Widnes?

Postby ChrisB » 03 Dec 2013, 19:57

Like Spader. The rest of the cast are just a pain in the arse. His "daughter" .... profiler but has now turned into John McClean, her useless husband with tv prop glasses and a personality by pass, the agents .......Any scene without Spader is a waste of space, and the stories are badly written, badly conceived and totally ridiculous.

watts

Postby watts » 04 Dec 2013, 00:03

Yeah that's been my take too. But despite that I still enjoyed the show, or what I've seen of it so far. I haven't seen the last three episodes since Jeff's parents took their satelite tv service back to Arizona when they went home for winter.... If I had I might hate it by now. Who can tell?
--m

Polishgirl

Postby Polishgirl » 11 Oct 2014, 10:16

New to this; it's appeared as a box set on the Now tv, and I needed to find something new, now that I'm up to date with Boardwalk Empire. I'm about a 3rd of the way through the 1st series.

I love James Spader- as has been mentioned, there's something very creepy about him, that he gets to capitalise on in this series.

Yes, it's a bit predictable, and Martha's right - the production values could have been ramped up a bit- maybe they are as the season progresses? I also like the intrigue with the husband.

Actually, I like the husband, dammit.. :twisted: He wears a pair of specs very fetchingly, has a nice hairy chest, and he's got the whole Jason Bourne - ooh, I've got a stash of different passports, loads of cash and a big gun- thing going on.

echolalia wrote: I despise Prefab Sprout. It will be decades before “hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque” is surpassed as the most terrible lyric in pop history. That fucking bastard ruined all three things for me forever.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 11 Oct 2014, 21:28

They seem to be taking the emphasis off Lizzy so far. Spader carries the show brilliantly, his abilty to turn from charming and charismatic to sinister and a cold blooded killer is an acting class in itself.

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 12 Oct 2014, 04:19

I've seen every episode. A pretty good show but Spader is the whole thing. Without him there would be nothing. If the show is to be remembered then there has to be more to it.

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 12 Oct 2014, 09:12

Matt Wilson wrote:I've seen every episode. A pretty good show but Spader is the whole thing. Without him there would be nothing. If the show is to be remembered then there has to be more to it.

This is true. But he is so charismatic and he is so watchable. It is a great show.
You don't like me...do you?

ChrisB
Can I Get To Widnes?

Postby ChrisB » 14 Oct 2014, 16:00

2nd series was 100% improvement on season one. The running thread about husband good guy/bad guy was often far more exciting than the individual stories and Spader is still ace. Anyone noticed, though, that he always looks as though he's sucking a boiled sweet?

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 14 Oct 2014, 20:21

slightbreeze wrote:2nd series was 100% improvement on season one. The running thread about husband good guy/bad guy was often far more exciting than the individual stories and Spader is still ace. Anyone noticed, though, that he always looks as though he's sucking a boiled sweet?

Probably the female and gay male viewers.

ChrisB
Can I Get To Widnes?

Postby ChrisB » 15 Oct 2014, 08:48

Dr Markus wrote:
slightbreeze wrote:2nd series was 100% improvement on season one. The running thread about husband good guy/bad guy was often far more exciting than the individual stories and Spader is still ace. Anyone noticed, though, that he always looks as though he's sucking a boiled sweet?

Probably the female and gay male viewers.

Hey ho ;)

Polishgirl

Postby Polishgirl » 16 Oct 2014, 17:55

I'm finding that the episode storylines are getting sillier as time goes along. I did like the early episodes, when you really weren't sure about the husband is he? isn't he? scenario.

What has annoyed me, however, is that I finished series one at the weekend, and got cracking straightaway into series 2, only to find that on my Now TV, it only goes up to episode 2 of series 2... I'm assuming this is because series 2 hasn't been shown in its entirety yet?
echolalia wrote: I despise Prefab Sprout. It will be decades before “hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque” is surpassed as the most terrible lyric in pop history. That fucking bastard ruined all three things for me forever.

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 16 Oct 2014, 18:05

Polishgirl wrote:I'm finding that the episode storylines are getting sillier as time goes along. I did like the early episodes, when you really weren't sure about the husband is he? isn't he? scenario.

What has annoyed me, however, is that I finished series one at the weekend, and got cracking straightaway into series 2, only to find that on my Now TV, it only goes up to episode 2 of series 2... I'm assuming this is because series 2 hasn't been shown in its entirety yet?

That would be correct.

Polishgirl

Postby Polishgirl » 16 Oct 2014, 19:55

Thank goodness for that.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 06 Mar 2015, 12:39

Back with a bang last week, so much so it has me dying to watch the next episode tonight.

Fonz

Postby Fonz » 08 Mar 2015, 14:52

I refuse to watch anything entitled so blatantly racist.
Heyyyy!

"Fonz clearly has no fucks to give. I like the cut of his Cupicidal gib."

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 27 Nov 2015, 19:05

It's getting abit samey now. Red always seems to know someone who can help in the worst situations and his stories about "one time in..." are getting a bit tiresome. Megan's always nice to look at though.

Return to “Screenadelica”