Now Watching on TV

..and why not?
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Re: Now Watching on TV

Postby Diamond Dog » 17 Jun 2020, 21:45

Ploughed through five of this six part docuseries regarding the fraud/scam of the McDonalds Monopoly game ,that ran from 1989-2001. Amazing story which really does defy belief. Last one to watch tomorrow.

Take a look. It's on Sky Channel 114 at present.
I have put the ignorant, inflammatory bore on ignore.

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 18 Jun 2020, 10:14

Will give it a spin.

I enjoyed* the film Laundromat with Meryl Streep about corporate fraud and Panama accounts. I think you'll feel suitable angered if you find it.

(*enraged beyond belief)

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 18 Jun 2020, 16:51

Only got through the first episode.

It was good but was badly padded out.

Didn't fancy sitting through another five eps so moved on to something else (The Devil Next Door on NF - about John Demanjuek - very, very good)

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 15 Aug 2020, 22:52

It's a replay of Deutschland 86. This series has me engrossed and fascinated all over again.

Available on Channel 4 catch up, all 10 episodes.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 23 Aug 2020, 09:44

Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 05 Sep 2020, 16:07

I finished the first season of "The End of the F.... World." Enjoyed it more than I thought I would after initially hating the lead characters.

Will probably start "The Boys" soon. Not sure if I want to give "Umbrella Academy" a chance. Both series seem to start with such cliched premises, so I've been delaying on both.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 05 Sep 2020, 16:23

Yesterday I had the t.v. to myself and I flipped to the Adult Swim app and binged some "Tim and Eric Awesome Show" and "The Heart, She Holler," two shows I never watched much before, even though both have that "what the hell am I watching" vibe I can't resist. Certainly the best of this type of programming since the glory days of "Liquid Television."

Sam Stone

Postby Sam Stone » 06 Sep 2020, 12:12

pcqgod wrote:I finished the first season of "The End of the F.... World." Enjoyed it more than I thought I would after initially hating the lead characters.

Will probably start "The Boys" soon. Not sure if I want to give "Umbrella Academy" a chance. Both series seem to start with such cliched premises, so I've been delaying on both.

While can't stand the CGI flash, bang, wallop and endless reboots of big screen superheroes like Batman, Spiderman, etc, love the gritty feel of the largely character-driven shows devoted to less glamorous characters like Jessica Jones and Daredevil.

Falling somewhere between the two, S1 of the Boys was very, very good (am looking forward to S2 which starts on Tues), I also enjoyed Umbrellla Academy but if had to choose between the two, the Boys would slightly shade it.

If you've not seen it, Gotham (all episodes of which are on NF) is also hugely good fun

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 08 Sep 2020, 09:45

Strike : Lethal White on BBC1.

It's based on one of the Cormoran Strike detective novels by Robert Galbraith (aka J.K. Rowling)

Terrific!

The 4th of 4 episodes will be on Sunday 13 September, 9pm. Set your calendars.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 08 Sep 2020, 17:31

Dr. Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Dr. Baron » 09 Sep 2020, 03:33

The new "Chef's Table: BBQ" on Netflix starts with a really nice episode about Tootsie Tomanetz, an octogenarian pitmaster in central Texas. She's a great character and it's a great half hour or however long it is. It portrays my part of the world in winter, which was really lovely for me to see.
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.
GoogaMooga wrote:It's a film I have waited 39 years to see. Now I have the chance, but I may just crap out.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 09 Sep 2020, 19:52

Sam Stone wrote:
pcqgod wrote:I finished the first season of "The End of the F.... World." Enjoyed it more than I thought I would after initially hating the lead characters.

While can't stand the CGI flash, bang, wallop and endless reboots of big screen superheroes like Batman, Spiderman, etc, love the gritty feel of the largely character-driven shows devoted to less glamorous characters like Jessica Jones and Daredevil.

Falling somewhere between the two, S1 of the Boys was very, very good (am looking forward to S2 which starts on Tues), I also enjoyed Umbrellla Academy but if had to choose between the two, the Boys would slightly shade it.

If you've not seen it, Gotham (all episodes of which are on NF) is also hugely good fun

I watched "Gotham" from start to end on network t.v. here. I can't say that I wasn't disappointed by the later seasons. The first season was fairly promising when it was essentially a cop show centered around Jim Gordon and Harvey Bullock and Penguin was a vicious street thug scheming his way to the top. It got increasingly sillier and campier as it went on, but I stuck with it because I liked the characters and the actors playing them.

I've gotten through the first four episodes of "The Boys" now and I'm really enjoying it. I didn't even realize that was Karl Urban until I read the credits at the end of the first episode.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 11 Sep 2020, 07:00

Best line in yesterday's Frankie Boyle's New World Order? - 'Boris Johnson with his fluffy lockdown hair, increasingly it looks like you could blow on his head to find out the time in cuntland'
Dancing in the streets of Hyannis

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

Flower

Postby Flower » 13 Sep 2020, 13:14

I've been revisiting One Foot in the Grave.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Foot_in_the_Grave

I can relate to Victor Meldrew ...

If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.