BCB 100 - Miles Davis

Threads and discussion dedicated to major acts.
king feeb
He's the consultant of swing

Re:

Postby king feeb » 14 Jan 2008, 04:27

king feeb wrote:These days, I've become much more partial to the electric Miles. I can't say why that is, except that these albums just sound really right for 2007.

Album: Jack Johnson although On The Corner has been making inroads in recent years...
Song:"Shhhh/Peaceful" from In A Silent Way

And a year later, I come back and revise.

For the last 12 months, I've been beating the Hell out of Agharta, On The Corner and Get Up With It. For one thing, my boss loves Miles, so I play him all the time at work. 8-)

I think On The Corner is now my favorite.

I also revise my opinion about my favorite cut... I got all obsessed with "He Loved Him Madly" last fall. It's just amazing... simultaneously touching, yet somehow cold and distant. Endlessly fascinating and I hear something new in it every time I slap it on.

Miles is funny that way... sometimes a piece of his music that you take for granted will suddenly rear up and kick your brain into the nearest wastebasket.

I fully expect to have new favorites in another year or so, especially since I've been getting into Pangaea lately...
You'd pay big bucks to know what you really think.

Balboa

Re: BCB 100 - Miles Davis

Postby Balboa » 25 Aug 2008, 13:52

Since I contributed to this thread some 18 months ago, I have lost all interest in Miles and his music. I don't know why, but it just happens sometimes I guess (same with my current Beatles sabbatical). I look forward to getting back into him again, but right now he is down the list when it comes to listening to jazz. I am much more likely to pull out a Lee Morgan album or something.
Of course, I was mostly stoned at the time.

the hanging monkey
can't be arsed

Postby the hanging monkey » 02 Jul 2009, 13:45

At the moment I'm giving the Jack Johnson box some hammer, but I would say that my favourite album is probably In A Silent Way, with Dark Magus a close second.

Album - In A Silent Way
Track - He Loved Him Madly
The Dríver wrote:We even have village idiots.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 20 May 2010, 21:07

Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Return to “BCB 100”