BCB 100 - Creedence Clearwater Revival

Threads and discussion dedicated to major acts.
C
Robust

Postby C » 29 Aug 2006, 22:16

Beno wrote:underappreciated in the UK at least.

Not with those that knew about music. They had a large following in the UK at the time, the majority of those seeing them as more than a singles band

Nancy wrote:I bet the amps in Heaven go to 12

soundchaser wrote:R.I.P. brother Reap. You can always sync listen from heaven. C has the contacts, I’m sure.

Beno

Postby Beno » 29 Aug 2006, 22:24

Carlsson wrote:

Not with those that knew about music. They had a large following in the UK at the time, the majority of those seeing them as more than a singles band

For those approaching them long after the event, I think they are underappreciated even by many who know about music. I was guilty myself until a year or so ago.

C
Robust

Postby C » 29 Aug 2006, 22:38

Beno wrote: I was guilty myself until a year or so ago.

Shame on you

Nancy wrote:I bet the amps in Heaven go to 12

soundchaser wrote:R.I.P. brother Reap. You can always sync listen from heaven. C has the contacts, I’m sure.

Carlisle Wheeling

Postby Carlisle Wheeling » 30 Aug 2006, 01:32

Carlsson wrote:

Too true!! They just sounded so earthy. And the album covers looked great too. Simple but atmospheric.

Nobody has mentioned it but I remember Travellin' Band as a single. Too much energy there for Tony Blackburn (and Arnold). :)

Bungo the Mungo

Postby Bungo the Mungo » 30 Aug 2006, 01:53

neverknows wrote:Bayou Country and its opening track, 'Born On The Bayou', define the band for me. 'Penthouse Pauper', off the same LP, is a close second favourite track. It's all about the funky rhythm section.

That'll do me, too. And I'll second soul-a-skope's thought that they can become dull quite quickly. To hear them suddenly blast out of a pub jukebox can be a very thrilling experience, however.

king feeb
He's the consultant of swing

Postby king feeb » 30 Aug 2006, 20:28

Album Green River
Song "Hey Tonight"
You'd pay big bucks to know what you really think.

brotherlouie
AKA Number 16 Bus Shelter

Postby brotherlouie » 30 Aug 2006, 20:35

Album: All of them
Track: All of them

No really, the quality is amazingly high. They jammed better than the Dead, wrote songs the equal of Lieber and Stoller and in Fogerty had a great - and I do mean great - singer (and he's still got it), and top notch guitarist. Hats off to a man who kept his eye on the ball.