BCB 100 - Nirvana

Threads and discussion dedicated to major acts.
Nicky Loves Fuzz

Postby Nicky Loves Fuzz » 15 Aug 2006, 09:37

ALBUM: Nevermind

SONG: Negative Creep

I always make Nirvana fans mad when I say that I think they were "pretty good." I think the guy had a good voice, and he wrote some pretty good songs. I really like about 10-15 of them. Very sad about the poor taste in women, though.

The Red Heifer
Fucking Crackers

Postby The Red Heifer » 15 Aug 2006, 10:14

The Penk wrote:Bollocks to all the ephemeral stuff, no one here gives a toss about the lyrics or the iconography when it comes to Nirvana. All that matters is that Cobain had the talent when it came to writing and singing.
People who say In Utero or Bleach are the best albums are trying to look cool and missing what was really the good thing about Nirvana, because Nevermind and the Unplugged one showcase one of the finest songwriters of his generation at the top of his game.
I don't listen to them very often any more but whenever I do I'm surprised by how well they stand up. There's still nothing adolescent or silly about them, it's just exciting, tuneful, dynamic songs played with passion. And people have a tendency to forget that that's why everyone likes them so much.
Lounge Act, meanwhile is my favourite song.

Someone frame this for me

Sir John Coan wrote:Such absurd nonsense spouted here. It really does bother me. At least there haven't been more than a handful of posters espousing. It indicates perhaps that there's a silent majority of Nirvana-haters around. I would honestly hope so.

Nirvana were toss

:roll: :roll:

Settle down, one day you'll get it.
Wadesmith wrote:Why is it that when there's a 'What do you think of this?' post, it's always absolute cobblers?

Doctor Jimmy
Continental Fuckwit

Postby Doctor Jimmy » 27 Aug 2006, 21:27

Album: Nevermind
Song: Smells Like Teen Spirit

It came from japan

Postby It came from japan » 28 Aug 2006, 01:42

One of my favourite bands.

Album - In Utero, it's angrier and louder and I prefer how it sounds.

Song - Sappy. Serve the Servants is a close second.

Littleben

Postby Littleben » 05 Oct 2006, 15:59

Album - Nevermind
Song - Sliver (a lovely piece of power pop)

like alot of people I loved them for a short while, and then occasionally come back to Nevermind and really enjoy listening to it...
leave it the fuck alone

Cliche Guevara

Postby Cliche Guevara » 19 Oct 2006, 23:28

Album : Incesticide
Song : Son Of A Gun

ok its a cover ,,, so shoot me already

Appart from that the split single with the jesus lizard is a peach !!!
Whats it called ..........

Oh The Guilt .
cheers

The Tourist

Postby The Tourist » 27 Oct 2006, 14:46

Matt Wilson wrote:Fantastic. The last band I truly loved (as opposed to merely liking their music or admiring something about them).

The funny thing is I simply liked them at the time. I had Nevermind, In Utero and the Unplugged CDs and that was it. Liked them well enough--which is to say played them some, thought about them less and cranked the songs up when they came on the radio.

Years later I read Come as You Are and Heavier Than Heaven and simply understood.

After that I set about accumulating everything they ever officially released and came to the conclusion that about 70% of it is great.

Now I've come full circle, which is to say I play them some, think about them less and crank up the songs when they come on the radio.

I was going to post on this, but that sums up my nirvana experience totally. i'm just on the way back round to full circle, but i can definitly tell i'm getting there.

Album - Unplugged in NY... the version of Dumb on there nearly breaks my heart

Song - Sliver... especially the live version from MBoTW a great song with a great lyric.
everybody hates a tourist, especially one who thinks it's all such a laugh, and the chip-stains and grease will come out in the bath

petulant clarksville

Postby petulant clarksville » 14 Apr 2007, 17:08

The Tourist wrote:
Matt Wilson wrote:Fantastic. The last band I truly loved (as opposed to merely liking their music or admiring something about them).

The funny thing is I simply liked them at the time. I had Nevermind, In Utero and the Unplugged CDs and that was it. Liked them well enough--which is to say played them some, thought about them less and cranked the songs up when they came on the radio.

Years later I read Come as You Are and Heavier Than Heaven and simply understood.

After that I set about accumulating everything they ever officially released and came to the conclusion that about 70% of it is great.

Now I've come full circle, which is to say I play them some, think about them less and crank up the songs when they come on the radio.

I was going to post on this, but that sums up my nirvana experience totally. i'm just on the way back round to full circle, but i can definitly tell i'm getting there.

Album - Unplugged in NY... the version of Dumb on there nearly breaks my heart

Song - Sliver... especially the live version from MBoTW a great song with a great lyric.

Album: Nevermind
Song: Smells Like Teen Spirit (I'm not afraid to be obvious)

I've got one of those tickets for the tour that couldn't happen. Sadly, I think I saw them supporting Mudhoney. Sadly, because I can't quite be sure if it was them or not. I remember a Mudhoney support band being good one time and noone could tell me what they were called at the time. Later I learned that Nirvana supported Mudhoney at one point. It doesn't say on the ticket. Maybe somebody knows? It would have been in London.

Return to “BCB 100”