Brief site outage sometime tonight - done!

General site news. Details of forthcoming outages and so on.
JQW

Brief site outage sometime tonight - done!

Postby JQW » 18 Feb 2015, 15:47

I need to take the site down briefly tonight to install a software update. The update is the usual collection of bug fixes and performance enhancements.

At the same time I'll make some amendments to the site templates, as there's a couple of problems that need fixing. This may result in the template you have assigned in your profile changing.

I've no idea as to when this will happen, but I hope to install it sometime this evening UK time all being well. The outage should take no more than 15 minutes
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Re: Brief site outage sometime tonight.

Postby harvey k-tel » 18 Feb 2015, 17:58

I'm sensing some Cup chicanery.
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

JQW

Re: Brief site outage sometime tonight - postponed.

Postby JQW » 18 Feb 2015, 23:07

Postponed for tonight due to technical problems with my uploading software. I'll try again in the morning.
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell

JQW

Postby JQW » 19 Feb 2015, 09:40

I've managed to resolve the template issue this morning without taking the site down. The issue could result in some video clips failing to show under particular circumstances, generating an obscure error message.

I'll perform the rest of the upgrade later today.

JQW

Postby JQW » 19 Feb 2015, 21:45

I've now applied the update. I've also had to disable the installed aero series of board styles for the time being due to compatibility issues.

I hope to get a replacement style installed soon.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 19 Feb 2015, 21:46

thanks for holding it down, JQW
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Return to “Site News”