The Manchester United Thread

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
PENK
Midnight to Six Man

Re: The Manchester United Thread

Postby PENK » 23 Dec 2017, 21:43

If anyone wants a bit of Christmas cheer, just look at Mourinho’s face about 3:50 into stoppage time of tonight’s match. :lol:
Copehead wrote:I have met Gruff Rhys - although he claimed he wasn't and that he couldn't speak Welsh, as I spoke to him in Welsh, but it was him lying bastard.

Tomahawk Kid

Postby Tomahawk Kid » 26 Dec 2017, 10:22

His face looked like mine, good job I was in the pub otherwise the TV might have been in danger.

We should have been out of sight the number of chances we had. I'd actually had a small bet on MU to win 3-1 with Lindgaard scoring at odds of 33/1. When it was 2-1 and he was through and hit the post I said to my mate that it was deffo going to finish 2-2 now.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 27 Dec 2017, 04:58

"£300 million not enough"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42488421

"When you speak about responsibilities to win the Premier League, Tottenham doesn't have that responsibility because they are not a club with the same history as us.

"Arsenal don't have the responsibility to win it. Chelsea don't have the responsibility to win it. When you speak about big football clubs, you are speaking about the history of the club."

Meltdown time.... Chelsea don;t have the responsibility to win the League? Tell that to the manager's that have been sacked there in recent years failing to do so- oh, that includes you Jose. Twice.

Twat. :lol:
In other words an extended look into *******’s head, and it seems to have some pretty good things in it (who among us is totally free of mental garbage?) It’s nice to see that he is confident enough so he can play some blues again,I’d like to hear more.

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 27 Dec 2017, 12:21

Watch him become a dishevelled mess over the next few weeks.

Actually Man Utd might not allow that to happen but his eyes already tell the tale. He’s losing it, yet again.

Great to see.

Cunt.

Tomahawk Kid

Postby Tomahawk Kid » 27 Dec 2017, 18:35

I'm sure he wont be there next season (fingers crossed).

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 17 Feb 2018, 12:31

Illness, heh?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43012781

All is not well between Jose & Paul. :lol:
In other words an extended look into *******’s head, and it seems to have some pretty good things in it (who among us is totally free of mental garbage?) It’s nice to see that he is confident enough so he can play some blues again,I’d like to hear more.

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 17 Feb 2018, 12:57

I haven’t pulled out the Pogbalotelli jibe for over a year but now seems about the right time.

Always said he is way way way over-rated but Mourinho has hardly helped him by trying to make him one of his robots.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 22 Feb 2018, 13:46

Will Jose see out his contract with supporters being pissed off with his tactics? Even if he does win.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 22 Feb 2018, 13:55

I doubt there'll be any change.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 22 Feb 2018, 14:03

I think he's losing some of his best players who don't like his tactics.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 22 Feb 2018, 14:34

The Great Defector wrote:I think he's losing some of his best players who don't like his tactics.

Who knows? Is Pogba really lying in bed at night worrying about the tactics of the team? Probably not. If he moves on in a year or two, it'll probably because he wants the glamour of playing for Real Madrid/Barcelona and fancies the hot weather.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 22 Feb 2018, 14:44

The Modernist wrote:
The Great Defector wrote:I think he's losing some of his best players who don't like his tactics.

Who knows? Is Pogba really lying in bed at night worrying about the tactics of the team? Probably not. If he moves on in a year or two, it'll probably because he wants the glamour of playing for Real Madrid/Barcelona and fancies the hot weather.

if the tactics make him look bad, then yeah I think he is lying in bed worrying. He is a brand, if anything to worry about. Not many defensive midfielders are making money like exciting attacking midfielders.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 22 Feb 2018, 14:46

The Modernist wrote:

if you have time to waste and a taste for Schadenfreude and ManUre's expense, take a look at this, especially the below the line comments

https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... e-mourinho
Last edited by Rayge on 22 Feb 2018, 18:04, edited 1 time in total.
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

When the ball sleeps it dreams it is a Frisbee

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. Love is the law, love under will

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 22 Feb 2018, 14:55

The Great Defector wrote:
if the tactics make him look bad, then yeah I think he is lying in bed worrying. He is a brand, if anything to worry about. Not many defensive midfielders are making money like exciting attacking midfielders.

Well neither of us know either way so it's a bit of a pointless speculation. Generally I'd say most footballers think about this kind of stuff much less than we think they do. They've got the money and the fame and that's enough to keep most of them quite happy.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 22 Feb 2018, 14:59

Aye. They're too busy playing Fifa on the Xbox and listening to Ed Sheeran to give a shit about this sorta thing.
LeBaron wrote:
Jimbo wrote:I will read your link but it seems you only read my poor synopsis and not the article, otherwise you''d say more than just insult my cred

I read the article, which was nonsense.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 22 Feb 2018, 15:40

The Modernist wrote:
The Great Defector wrote:

Well neither of us know either way so it's a bit of a pointless speculation. Generally I'd say most footballers think about this kind of stuff much less than we think they do. They've got the money and the fame and that's enough to keep most of them quite happy.

I think the better players do think about this stuff.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 22 Feb 2018, 15:50

The more intelligent, mature ones yeah..someone like Juan Mata say, but most probably don't.
I don't know if Pogba is intelligent or not, but his game isn't very intelligent. It's not like he was the finished article when he went to Utd, there's always been weaknesses in his game regarding decision making and positioning.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 22 Feb 2018, 16:38

The Modernist wrote:The more intelligent, mature ones yeah..someone like Juan Mata say, but most probably don't.
I don't know if Pogba is intelligent or not, but his game isn't very intelligent. It's not like he was the finished article when he went to Utd, there's always been weaknesses in his game regarding decision making and positioning.

After over a season and a half at Man Utd, everyone is thinking that it's about time he showed where the £90 million price tag came from - because, thus far, there is not a single shred of consistent evidence that he's worth even half of that figure.

As one of the pundits said on Sunday (when it 'emerged' - ooh I wonder how that got out- that Pogba's only preferred position is left of a midfield three) -- can you imagine a Roy Keane or Graeme Souness (you know, really dominant midfield players) saying "I kind of like that but I really need to be five yards to the left to play well... "

The guy needs to grow up and turn up. Or do the honourable thing and hand in a transfer request and move elsewhere. Because, at the moment, he's looking like the biggest bust ever in the transfer market.

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 22 Feb 2018, 17:38

Pogbalotelli and Mourinhohoho.

A great combination of massive reputations going downhill fast.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 22 Feb 2018, 18:01

Lord Rother wrote:Pogbalotelli and Mourinhohoho.

A great combination of massive reputations going downhill fast.

I dunno about that. There's a lot of wishful thinking when it comes to Mourinho. Basically people want to see him do badly, a sentiment I fully share. But he's stil second in the league and in the latter stages of The Champions League