The Manchester United Thread

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
Tomahawk Kid

Re: The Manchester United Thread

Postby Tomahawk Kid » 27 Dec 2017, 18:35

I'm sure he wont be there next season (fingers crossed).

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 17 Feb 2018, 12:31

Illness, heh?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43012781

All is not well between Jose & Paul. :lol:
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 17 Feb 2018, 12:57

I haven’t pulled out the Pogbalotelli jibe for over a year but now seems about the right time.

Always said he is way way way over-rated but Mourinho has hardly helped him by trying to make him one of his robots.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 22 Feb 2018, 13:46

Will Jose see out his contract with supporters being pissed off with his tactics? Even if he does win.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 22 Feb 2018, 13:55

I doubt there'll be any change.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 22 Feb 2018, 14:03

I think he's losing some of his best players who don't like his tactics.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 22 Feb 2018, 14:34

The Great Defector wrote:I think he's losing some of his best players who don't like his tactics.

Who knows? Is Pogba really lying in bed at night worrying about the tactics of the team? Probably not. If he moves on in a year or two, it'll probably because he wants the glamour of playing for Real Madrid/Barcelona and fancies the hot weather.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 22 Feb 2018, 14:44

The Modernist wrote:
The Great Defector wrote:I think he's losing some of his best players who don't like his tactics.

Who knows? Is Pogba really lying in bed at night worrying about the tactics of the team? Probably not. If he moves on in a year or two, it'll probably because he wants the glamour of playing for Real Madrid/Barcelona and fancies the hot weather.

if the tactics make him look bad, then yeah I think he is lying in bed worrying. He is a brand, if anything to worry about. Not many defensive midfielders are making money like exciting attacking midfielders.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 22 Feb 2018, 14:46

The Modernist wrote:

if you have time to waste and a taste for Schadenfreude and ManUre's expense, take a look at this, especially the below the line comments

https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... e-mourinho
Last edited by Rayge on 22 Feb 2018, 18:04, edited 1 time in total.
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 22 Feb 2018, 14:55

The Great Defector wrote:
if the tactics make him look bad, then yeah I think he is lying in bed worrying. He is a brand, if anything to worry about. Not many defensive midfielders are making money like exciting attacking midfielders.

Well neither of us know either way so it's a bit of a pointless speculation. Generally I'd say most footballers think about this kind of stuff much less than we think they do. They've got the money and the fame and that's enough to keep most of them quite happy.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 22 Feb 2018, 14:59

Aye. They're too busy playing Fifa on the Xbox and listening to Ed Sheeran to give a shit about this sorta thing.
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 22 Feb 2018, 15:40

The Modernist wrote:
The Great Defector wrote:

Well neither of us know either way so it's a bit of a pointless speculation. Generally I'd say most footballers think about this kind of stuff much less than we think they do. They've got the money and the fame and that's enough to keep most of them quite happy.

I think the better players do think about this stuff.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 22 Feb 2018, 15:50

The more intelligent, mature ones yeah..someone like Juan Mata say, but most probably don't.
I don't know if Pogba is intelligent or not, but his game isn't very intelligent. It's not like he was the finished article when he went to Utd, there's always been weaknesses in his game regarding decision making and positioning.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 22 Feb 2018, 16:38

The Modernist wrote:The more intelligent, mature ones yeah..someone like Juan Mata say, but most probably don't.
I don't know if Pogba is intelligent or not, but his game isn't very intelligent. It's not like he was the finished article when he went to Utd, there's always been weaknesses in his game regarding decision making and positioning.

After over a season and a half at Man Utd, everyone is thinking that it's about time he showed where the £90 million price tag came from - because, thus far, there is not a single shred of consistent evidence that he's worth even half of that figure.

As one of the pundits said on Sunday (when it 'emerged' - ooh I wonder how that got out- that Pogba's only preferred position is left of a midfield three) -- can you imagine a Roy Keane or Graeme Souness (you know, really dominant midfield players) saying "I kind of like that but I really need to be five yards to the left to play well... "

The guy needs to grow up and turn up. Or do the honourable thing and hand in a transfer request and move elsewhere. Because, at the moment, he's looking like the biggest bust ever in the transfer market.
Cocaine

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 22 Feb 2018, 17:38

Pogbalotelli and Mourinhohoho.

A great combination of massive reputations going downhill fast.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 22 Feb 2018, 18:01

Lord Rother wrote:Pogbalotelli and Mourinhohoho.

A great combination of massive reputations going downhill fast.

I dunno about that. There's a lot of wishful thinking when it comes to Mourinho. Basically people want to see him do badly, a sentiment I fully share. But he's stil second in the league and in the latter stages of The Champions League

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 22 Feb 2018, 19:45

That’s true but his own team’s fans are really getting hacked off at the lack of entertainment on show.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 22 Feb 2018, 19:58

The idea that Mourinho cares about the fans is truly crazy.

He cares about one thing - Jose Mourinho.
Cocaine

jimboo

Postby jimboo » 25 Feb 2018, 17:01

Good win today , trouble is it's such a chore. There is a good team just crying out to play football. At the start of the season it almost seemed that the shackles were off. As the games tick by it almost seems that the ghost of Don Howe is in charge.
If I jerk- the handle jerk- the handle you'll thrill me and thrill me

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 28 Feb 2018, 13:56

Rashford's got to go after next season if he's not playing regularly. He's too big a possible talent.

Return to “Sporting Life”