Liverpool

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
Jeemo

Re: Liverpool

Postby Jeemo » 16 Apr 2016, 01:22

Couldn't watch the game last night as our holiday home didn't have satellite tv, watched the last ten minutes on BBC sport page updates. Reminded me of one of the best games I was at, Celtic vs Juventus in a Champions League group match, Juve were already through and we needed to win and hope that Rosenburg could beat Porto. After going a goal down Celtic ended up winning 4-3. Porto won their game and qualified, Celtic won all their home games to get 9 points, which in most of the other groups would've been enough to qualify. What a great game. Wish I could've seen last nights.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

WG Kaspar

Postby WG Kaspar » 16 Apr 2016, 01:34

Even though I made a complete arse of myself on facebook it was absolutely magnificent.
It's a fantastic thing when a team you hate manages to make you root for them.
The only thing is that my brother bust my balls today.
Twat.
I run out of talent

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 06 May 2016, 13:22

They were terrific last night. Milner in particular looks like the player who promised so much when he was at Leeds.

You to have to hand it to Klopp. The guy has the midas touch. It might also be a vindication of the maligned transfer committee that players like Lovren and Lallana are starting to look the part (although I don't know if they were Rodgers suggestions).

If Klopp got Balotelli firing on all cylinders then he'd be a miracle worker...

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 18 May 2016, 23:02

Well, that was a game of two halves to say the least. Liverpool looked in total control at half time but I was concerned that they hadn't scored more goals that their play deserved, but I did not expect Sevilla to come out in the second half the way they did, they were superb and could easily have had many more than three. A crushing defeat and one that will massively affect how Liverpool shape up next season.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 19 May 2016, 09:06

A strange, strange game.

As you say TCE, I cannot remember many more pronounced 'game of two halves'. Right from the goal 19 seconds after the re-start, Liverpool never got into the game in any way.

I think Klopp will have learnt a lot about some things last night - most of which (I'm sure) only confirmed what he already knew. Moreno simply is not a defender - his positional sense makes Kyle Walker look like Bobby Moore. The two centre halves were found out, and Milner as a sitting midfield isn't nearly good enough. I also think we saw the very best (his superb goal) and the worst (complete indiscipline) of Sturridge. Once they fell behind, he decided to do what Rooney always does - go hunting for the ball over the pitch (receiving the ball from Mignolet at left back?) and getting in the fucking way generally. Also, whilst doing that, utterly failing to do the one thing Liverpool needed him to do - hold the ball up and give the over-run midfield/defence a chance to recover and organize.

All in all though, Liverpool have a great many positives to take away from the season and they will be challenging for Top 4 next season, with a summer transfer window under Klopp's belt.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
"Don't be seduced into thinking that which did not make a profit is without value"
"'Seize the moments as they fly, know to live and learn to die'."

Spec

Postby Spec » 19 May 2016, 09:43

I feel that result makes them one of the favourites for next season. They have a good squad with a good manager and are playing well. And crucially they now face a season in which they could play just 40 games, 10 or 12 fewer than Man Utd, Man City, Spurs etc.

Admittedly they may now struggle to bring in the best players because of the lack of European football but they don't seem to need much more than 2 or 3 players anyway.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 16 Aug 2016, 12:39

Turning down £30 million for Benteke..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37094111

Hard ball.
"Don't be seduced into thinking that which did not make a profit is without value"

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 22 Aug 2016, 09:00

Spec wrote:I feel that result makes them one of the favourites for next season.

:D
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 24 Aug 2016, 16:37

This is likely to be the style of Liverpool's season though I think - great highs but some poor performances too. Maybe one after the other.

It's why it's called heavy metal football.

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 07 Oct 2016, 13:19

So Klopp has been at the club a year now.

I have to admit I really like him. He comes across as incredibly passionate, disarmingly amusing and candid in his opinions. I can imagine that he is a fantastic motivator. And in the relatively short time he has had at the club, it seems to be working. Mane seems to be the key player, which I think is a shrewd move because for a season or two they were reliant on Sturridge. In all honesty I wouldn't be surprised if he's sold because he doesn't seem to be a Klopp sort of player - too surly and self-centred.

There are obviously concerns over the defence, but right now, having already been to Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs, they have to be strong contenders for a CL spot, if not a shot at the title.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 07 Oct 2016, 13:50

Worryingly they certainly are title contenders - he's ahead of schedule, for me, too.

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 07 Oct 2016, 13:53

He seems to have turned James Milner into a bonafide leftback as well, but it's Lallana that seems to have improved beyond all recognition. Relentless work ethic and now adding goals to his game.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 07 Oct 2016, 14:03

Lallana is the best English midfield player at present - maybe Alli is close - and I'm sure he'll only continue to improve.

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 07 Nov 2016, 11:54

There isn't a better side to watch than Liverpool right now. That front three is phenomenal.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 07 Nov 2016, 13:18

They were excellent - Chelsea & Liverpool are head and shoulders above the rest on current form.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 07 Feb 2017, 13:30

Interesting stat on Rodgers' and Klopp's first 56 League matches.... exactly the same amount of points gained......

Jeemo

Postby Jeemo » 07 Feb 2017, 20:58

I like Brendan :-p
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 08 May 2017, 19:44

So they didn't beat Southampton at Anfield because the 'pitch was too dry'.

Of course.

Fucking TWAT.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 02 Aug 2017, 09:59

And in the first shocks of the season, Liverpool thump Bayern and Surridge comes off the bench and scores.

And in other news, he immediately went off injured.

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 03 Aug 2017, 05:20

Diamond Dog wrote:And in the first shocks of the season, Liverpool thump Bayern and Surridge comes off the bench and scores.

And in other news, he immediately went off injured.

:lol: new season....same old Sturridge