Liverpool

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
WG Kaspar

Re: Liverpool

Postby WG Kaspar » 12 Oct 2015, 12:19

Goat Boy wrote:It's sad as fuck yes, but then some football fans are morons and every club has them. I would never defend such tasteless cretinism but nor would I damn the club for the actions of a very small minority.

Griff likes to do this when it comes to Liverpool. See also RAWK

To be fair I like to do it too.
I run out of talent

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 12 Oct 2015, 12:21

Yes it is a completely classless banner, Some Liverpool fans are morons, who knew? The banner was a response to some equally classless banners and chants from Everton fans not that it justifies it but I mention in order to give some context rather than cheap point scoring.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 12 Oct 2015, 12:30

My dad is bigger than your dad.
kewl klive wrote:Neil Young’s artistry is relatable, Bowie’s wasn’t.

Jack White wrote:"I sort of don't trust anybody who doesn't like Led Zeppelin"

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 12 Oct 2015, 12:32

WG Kaspar wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:It's sad as fuck yes, but then some football fans are morons and every club has them. I would never defend such tasteless cretinism but nor would I damn the club for the actions of a very small minority.

Griff likes to do this when it comes to Liverpool. See also RAWK

To be fair I like to do it too.

To be fair RAWK is full of awful gobshites
Lord Rother wrote:Missing the sublime sense of melody which David Longdon brought to the group but nonetheless a damn fine album.

Big Big Train - Goodbye To The Age of Steam

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 12 Oct 2015, 12:46

Goat Boy wrote:

there's a fan forum that isn't? RAWK, RedCafe, Bluemoon, Shed End etc. ALL full of gobshites. I occassionally look in them for a laugh but wouldn't dream of contributing.

Matt Harringay
Utter Cad

Postby Matt Harringay » 13 Oct 2015, 18:27

Goat Boy wrote:
Griff likes to do this when it comes to Liverpool.

I'm a Blue. What do you expect?
kewl klive wrote:A deluxe Sandinista! was pulled when only one outtake could be found.

Matt Harringay
Utter Cad

Postby Matt Harringay » 13 Oct 2015, 22:45

trans-chigley express wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:

there's a fan forum that isn't?.

Grand Old Team, an Everton fan forum, is a tightly-run anti-dickhead website (you can't even say fuck, never mind cunt) which bans gobshites freely whilst trying to maintain good humour. It's won a few awards and is head and shoulders above the hate-filled, deluded pages of RAWK. That said, I think at least one of its mods isn't fit for purpose.
kewl klive wrote:A deluxe Sandinista! was pulled when only one outtake could be found.

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 13 Oct 2015, 23:33

German Dave wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:

there's a fan forum that isn't?.

Grand Old Team, an Everton fan forum, is a tightly-run anti-dickhead website (you can't even say fuck, never mind cunt) which bans gobshites freely whilst trying to maintain good humour. It's won a few awards and is head and shoulders above the hate-filled, deluded pages of RAWK. That said, I think at least one of its mods isn't fit for purpose.

A tightly-run vetted and moderated site would be the only way to go with these things I think. You can't even read the threads there without signing up so can't check it out (I doubt they allow opposition fans but I could be wrong) but other Everton sites I perused are no different from the norm (but with added bitterness, obviously). Open sites attract all kinds of knuckle-dragging morons, arrogant twats and delusional dick heads. Just look at BCB! :)

I find the most the most hate-filled forum is actually Shed End. They seem to hate Livepool in particular to a passionate level* which is strange given that have plenty of London neighbours you'd think they'd hate more. Sadly Man City's fans at Blue Moon seem to have taken over from Red Cafe's lot as the most arrogant. A pity as I generally like City fans (some are my best friends) not that you can judge the average fan based on these sites though.

*Their thread on the 2005 Champions League final is an absolute classic and used to be frequently linked to on RAWK for comic relief - the frothing-at-the-mouth level of anger during the second half is hilarious. Even on Red Cafe there was a begrudging "well done 'pool", "fair play" etc. nothing of the sort of Shed End at all.

PENK
Midnight to Six Man

Postby PENK » 27 Oct 2015, 21:46

Darkness_Fish wrote:One slight disappointment was that there turns out to be two cinemas in Bolton

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 28 Oct 2015, 08:31

PENK wrote:http://gu.com/p/4dktt?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Is it Roberto Firmino?

:lol:
You can't play a tune on an absolute

When the ball sleeps it dreams it is a Frisbee

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. Love is the law, love under will

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 28 Oct 2015, 15:16

PENK wrote:http://gu.com/p/4dktt?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Is it Roberto Firmino?

No can't be.

They closed the stadium because the intruder was potentially dangerous.
kewl klive wrote:Neil Young’s artistry is relatable, Bowie’s wasn’t.

Jack White wrote:"I sort of don't trust anybody who doesn't like Led Zeppelin"

Darryl Strawberry

Postby Darryl Strawberry » 11 Nov 2015, 20:29

From an article titled "Premier leaguer: best team so far" and the lack of Liverpool players.

Firmino should be in. He's got one assist already and we aren't even halfway through November
Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
John Coan, with nothing else to do, wrote:I just Googled his name!

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 21 Nov 2015, 19:14

Terrific performance from Liverpool. They were utterly outstanding in the 1st half. Firmino seems to have found his touch and defensively they seemed a lot more solid than I've seen them for a long time. Have to hand it to Klopp, he is in the process of transforming them.

the masked man
Schadenfreude

Postby the masked man » 21 Nov 2015, 20:59

I'm not a Liverpool fan, but that first half-hour featured some of the most scintillating football I've seen in a long time. Klopp deserves a lot of credit for transforming this team. They attacked Man City's shortcomings with absolute precision, and showed a confidence not really witnessed under Rodgers.

The Modernist

Postby The Modernist » 21 Nov 2015, 22:05

the masked man wrote:I'm not a Liverpool fan, but that first half-hour featured some of the most scintillating football I've seen in a long time. Klopp deserves a lot of credit for transforming this team. They attacked Man City's shortcomings with absolute precision, and showed a confidence not really witnessed under Rodgers.

They showed plenty of that in the 2013-2014 season under Rodgers to be fair.

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 21 Nov 2015, 22:15

The Modernist wrote:
the masked man wrote:I'm not a Liverpool fan, but that first half-hour featured some of the most scintillating football I've seen in a long time. Klopp deserves a lot of credit for transforming this team. They attacked Man City's shortcomings with absolute precision, and showed a confidence not really witnessed under Rodgers.

They did, but they also had one of the very best players in the world in the side then.

I thought Can was absolutely fantastic too - brilliant performance.

the masked man
Schadenfreude

Postby the masked man » 21 Nov 2015, 22:38

Indeed, Can was amazing. His connection with Coutinho helped tear Man City apart.

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 22 Nov 2015, 11:01

K wrote:From an article titled "Premier leaguer: best team so far" and the lack of Liverpool players.

Firmino should be in. He's got one assist already and we aren't even halfway through November

Well I think they finally found Firmino at the Emptihad ;)

Darryl Strawberry

Postby Darryl Strawberry » 22 Nov 2015, 11:26

K wrote:From an article titled "Premier leaguer: best team so far" and the lack of Liverpool players.

Well I think they finally found Firmino at the Emptihad ;)

:evil:
Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
John Coan, with nothing else to do, wrote:I just Googled his name!

The Modernist

Postby The Modernist » 22 Nov 2015, 12:43

Toby wrote:
The Modernist wrote:

They did, but they also had one of the very best players in the world in the side then.

Yeah obviously, but I'm always surprised by how reactive people are when it comes to football - they have such short memories and base wholesale opinions on the most recent game. That's not directed at MM btw, that's just a general observation.