Liverpool

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Re: Liverpool

Postby Diamond Dog » 16 Dec 2018, 18:58

Toby wrote:Alisson proving his transfer fee there.

"What have you done for me lately" :D
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 16 Dec 2018, 19:14

PENK wrote:So, could this finally be the year?

It’s City’s to lose still. I think Liverpool can push them all the way, but there are too many options in attack for the former, especially when you consider De Bruyne is injured.

naughty boy
hounds people off the board

Postby naughty boy » 16 Dec 2018, 22:24

Liverpool a good team then like?
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

mentalist (slight return)
under mi sensi

Postby mentalist (slight return) » 16 Dec 2018, 23:33

Best sportsball team ever.
king of the divan

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 01 Jan 2019, 13:34

In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 01 Jan 2019, 17:08

Rayge wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2019/jan/01/david-squires-on-festive-football-and-liverpool-dominant-run-premier-league

I see there's already a David Squires thread..could you not post them in there? It seems every time I open a post hoping for a comment on football, it's another link to one of his cartoons.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 01 Jan 2019, 17:58

The Modernist wrote:
Rayge wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2019/jan/01/david-squires-on-festive-football-and-liverpool-dominant-run-premier-league

I see there's already a David Squires thread..could you not post them in there? It seems every time I open a post hoping for a comment on football, it's another link to one of his cartoons.

You get a better class of comment from him than any of the bozos who post round here, me included :) . If I like them, I post them in the appropriate places. Caramba started the collection thread presumably because he likes things nice and tidy. I don't
But you can save your clicking thumb and safely assume if it's me that's posted on sporting life, it won't be of any interest to you, as I only post links.
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 09 Jan 2019, 00:48

Out of the FA Cup somewhat predicatably. I find myself not caring one jot to be honest, all that matters this season is the PL, even the CL is a distant second in order of importance. Liverpool need to get back on track quickly with a good run of wins as they have a favourable run of fixtures coming up.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 09 Jan 2019, 10:15

I fully understand Klopp's decision to rest players. I think he would have been somewhat disappointed by the performances of those that were given a chance though - I think you may have expected more from them. It will be interesting to see how they return to the League this week - another defeat or iffy performance and some may be asking whether the momentum loss of two defeats was such a good idea.
Cocaine

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 21 Jan 2019, 11:00

I breathed a huge sign of relief after the Palace game. That looked more like the Liverpool of last season which was worrying. Really missed Trent and Gomez.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 21 Jan 2019, 11:38

trans-chigley express wrote:I breathed a huge sign of relief after the Palace game. That looked more like the Liverpool of last season which was worrying. Really missed Trent and Gomez.

Palace are an absolute bugger of a team to play at home though. They have two very dangerous breakaway threats in Townsend & Zaha, and they are so effective when they're catching teams on the break. All in all, a good win for Liverpool - but their defensive frailties are rather more obvious when half of the back four is missing.
Cocaine

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 09 Dec 2019, 20:16

Nearly a year on and it seems Liverpool are very much the team to beat.

They have a savage schedule in the next month but if they're still 8 points clear by then I reckon it really is theirs to lose.

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 17 Dec 2019, 14:47

Liverpool keep rolling on while everyone behind continually drop points. They've looked shakey at times though and their unbeaten run will come to an end before long but hopefully they've built up enough of a lead to afford their usual post Christmas wobble.

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 27 Dec 2019, 10:19

I thought they were superb last night. Played Leicester off the park and TAA put in one of the performances of the season.

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 27 Dec 2019, 16:33

Unbelievable consistency.

An absolutely amazing team effort over the last 2 seasons.

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 12 Jan 2020, 12:07

Penk! wrote:Hilarious really, aren't they?

Went back to the first post on this thread.

They weren't great yesterday and I thought even without Kane Spurs pace would give them problems.

Wijnaldum was brilliant yesterday - such a fantastic midfielder.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 14 Jan 2020, 20:49

Much as it pains me to say it, they've moved to a different plane this season. They aren't just the best team in the EPL, they're the best by fucking streets. When they play their best, maybe only Man City can still live with them. Maybe. When they just play okay, they win. When they play badly, they win. Doesn't seem to matter much who they're playing, when or where - they win. They are also a real team where everyone at the club has bought into the Klopp vision. They lead from the front and the rest further down the food chain follow and pick up the crumbs readily. There is something very special going on at Anfield at present - how long it goes on for I'm not sure but their football the past twelve months has been, probably, the best I've seen in the top flight. Yes better than Man City because they won the Champions League. Yes better than any of the Chelsea teams - even the 2004(?) Mourinho side. Better than the Arsenal invincibles. Maybe only the Man Utd Treble team from 99 can claim to be as consistently good. And maybe one of the Liverpool sides from the early 80's. Maybe. But I honestly don't remember such relentless determination and brilliance over the course of a twelve month period.

Now I'm going to be sick.
Cocaine

Rorschach
Location: The north side of my town faces east, and the east faces south

Postby Rorschach » 15 Jan 2020, 13:19

Diamond Dog wrote: I honestly don't remember such relentless determination and brilliance over the course of a twelve month period.

Now I'm going to be sick.

Poor Pete. This must be really killing you.
Bugger off.

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 20 Jan 2020, 13:55

Everton have got a genuine world class manager - that must be some consolation.

The back 5 are looking impregnable at the moment. And Van Dijk makes defending look utterly effortless - as if the ball is just magnetically attracted to him. There has never been a better defender in the Premier League IMO.

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 21 Jan 2020, 20:45

In the long-term there is a possibility that Liverpool under Klopp could properly dominate for a while.

I don't think Mourinho will be at City after next season. I'm not saying that City won't be a threat, but whether they will be under a different manager is difficult to say. Every other major club in the Premier League is going through a relative level of turmoil, adjusting to new managers. None of them look like laying a glove on Liverpool in any real sense right now.

Return to “Sporting Life”