Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 15 Oct 2005, 20:16

:roll:

And Chelsea next week.

:oops:

:cry:
People go on too much about the privileged background of politicians but actually Matt Hancock had a very humble upbringing in an Italian workshop owned by a woodworker named Geppetto who turned him into a human boy.

The Modernist

Postby The Modernist » 16 Oct 2005, 11:21

Everton's saving grace is that there are a number of poor teams this season. I can't see Portsmouth, Sunderland or Fulham pulling away from them, and although they're doing well at the moment Wigan and WBA could get pulled back into things.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 06 Nov 2005, 16:20

We beat Boro 1-0!! :lol:

Seven points from the last nine - we're flying!!!!!!!! :wink:
People go on too much about the privileged background of politicians but actually Matt Hancock had a very humble upbringing in an Italian workshop owned by a woodworker named Geppetto who turned him into a human boy.

Grollope
Barred from the Eisteddfod

Postby Grollope » 06 Nov 2005, 16:34

A good result for the toffees!

With Everton winning and City losing I think I might have a few e-mails in my inbox tomorrow morning.

Still at least I'm not ALB!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-C2Ar4gpi8

Jimbo wrote: my gay friend told me all one has to do is take half. Sounds sensible. Try it.

Copehead wrote: they are choosing to monitor butt hose

Butch Manly
Utter Cad

Postby Butch Manly » 06 Nov 2005, 16:52

Diamond Dog wrote:We beat Boro 1-0!! :lol:

very much the form side at the moment. :D

btw, do we hold the record for the most 1-0 wins in the premiership?
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 06 Nov 2005, 16:56

TheBoyRorshach wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:We beat Boro 1-0!! :lol:

very much the form side at the moment. :D

btw, do we hold the record for the most 1-0 wins in the premiership?

As a % of total victories, we must do.

Did you realise that, up to the start of play today, we had collected 28 points from our last 28 league matches? That's grim.

Butch Manly
Utter Cad

Postby Butch Manly » 06 Nov 2005, 17:09

Diamond Dog wrote:Did you realise that, up to the start of play today, we had collected 28 points from our last 28 league matches? That's grim.

that would put us on the periphery of the relegation zone. like you said earlier on this thread, pete, two words - thomas graveson.

still, beattie's confidence will have been given a boost and cahill seems to be coming back into form. we should be ok. i'd certainly be happy with 10th at the end of the season.
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

This Was
Internet Search Engine

Postby This Was » 06 Nov 2005, 18:57

Last edited by This Was on 08 Feb 2010, 22:08, edited 1 time in total.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 06 Nov 2005, 19:12

Ranking Rupert wrote:
TheBoyRorshach wrote:i'd certainly be happy with 10th at the end of the season.

I'd be freaking delirious with 10th at the end of the season. But I'm not talking about Everton.

Chelsea fan?

Butch Manly
Utter Cad

Postby Butch Manly » 06 Nov 2005, 19:35

by the way, it appears that everton have a buy-back clause in graveson's madrid contract. unfortunately, he seems to be on £95K a week at real so we may well not be able to meet his demands. i can see man utd coming in for him.
Goatboy to Belle:

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 06 Nov 2005, 19:46

TheBoyRorshach wrote:by the way, it appears that everton have a buy-back clause in graveson's madrid contract. unfortunately, he seems to be on £95K a week at real so we may well not be able to meet his demands. i can see man utd coming in for him.

I thought we had a 'sell on' clause - we get a % of his next transfer fee?

Butch Manly
Utter Cad

Postby Butch Manly » 06 Nov 2005, 20:28

Diamond Dog wrote:
TheBoyRorshach wrote:by the way, it appears that everton have a buy-back clause in graveson's madrid contract. unfortunately, he seems to be on £95K a week at real so we may well not be able to meet his demands. i can see man utd coming in for him.

I thought we had a 'sell on' clause - we get a % of his next transfer fee?

several footie sites are saying we have a buy-back clause and that moyes is monitoring the situation and on record as saying he'd like to buy him if he became available. after initially making quite an impact at real, graveson is now slightly out of favour, it seems.
Goatboy to Belle:

Grollope
Barred from the Eisteddfod

Postby Grollope » 08 Nov 2005, 14:08

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-C2Ar4gpi8

Jimbo wrote: my gay friend told me all one has to do is take half. Sounds sensible. Try it.

Copehead wrote: they are choosing to monitor butt hose

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 20 Nov 2005, 08:54

And then the wheels came off............... :cry:

The Modernist

Postby The Modernist » 20 Nov 2005, 13:05

Diamond Dog wrote:And then the wheels came off............... :cry:

I've always said Everton will escape, but yesterday's result makes me much less confident of that.
Sunderland and Portsmouth are gone already, it's just a question of which third team will join them and at the moment Everton do look the poorest.

beheaded

Postby beheaded » 20 Nov 2005, 13:18

Jeff M wrote:

I've always said Everton will escape, but yesterday's result makes me much less confident of that.
Sunderland and Portsmouth are gone already, it's just a question of which third team will join them and at the moment Everton do look the poorest.

you forgot about Birmingham City, Ced...sorry, Jeff.
That blast came from the pants! That thing's operational!

The Modernist

Postby The Modernist » 20 Nov 2005, 16:36

beheaded wrote:
Jeff M wrote:

you forgot about Birmingham City, Ced...sorry, Jeff.

It does appear at the moment to between them and Everton.
Everton are apparently one of the clubs after Keane. I think they've got a good chance of getting him as I think he'd want to stay in the north-west. I'm not sure he's what they need though.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 28 Nov 2005, 12:11

Good result - a good second half performance as well.

Dodged a major bullet with the blatant McFadden handball - we've had a few go against us this season though, so I can live with 'swings & roundabouts'.

I have to say, Newcastle are the worst example of the sum being a great deal less than the parts though. Souness can't have long left to turn it around.

--
Judgement Day is upon you

Postby -- » 28 Nov 2005, 13:10

I thought Everton looked decent yesterday.

Weir and Yobo looked capable at the back, Arteta looks lively and if Van Der Meyde keeps playing like he did yesterday, I imagine they'll make chances which sooner or later, even Beattie will get. Definitely not relegation fodder, though - not when there's teams like Sunderland out there.

Folk'll say "oh, another boring 1-0 for Everton", but it was a quite enthralling game of footy and enjoyable, I thought.

andymacandy
"Liberal Airhead"

Postby andymacandy » 28 Nov 2005, 15:48

I think they play better when Cahill performs-its as if he's the heartbeat of that side, but without being the huge personality on the pitch.
They did look fine yesterday, but equally, I though Newcastle looked petulant and lacklustre.
Is Beattie the new Peter Crouch?Or maybe I should say is Crouch the new Beattie.
Bless the weather.......Image