Re: Everton

Postby John aka Josh » 10 Dec 2017, 19:49

Diamond Dog wrote:Great refereeing!

My thoughts too ;)

Tonto Papadopoulos
Utter Cad

Postby Tonto Papadopoulos » 11 Dec 2017, 06:53

Klippety is being a bit of a prick over the (pretty clear) penalty. From the Guardian:

'“I didn’t think it was a penalty, did you?” the manager said, inviting a show of hands in the press room. More hands went up than not, even in the Anfield press room, which left Klopp to reflect on the first rule of politics – never ask a question to which you do not know the answer. “OK, obviously you all thought it was a penalty,” Klopp said, a little sheepishly. '
Apologising for the incitement of racial hatred in modern-Day Britain, Toby wrote:Also, what sort of society do we live in where jokes about religious garb or dress can't be made?

WG Kaspar

Postby WG Kaspar » 11 Dec 2017, 07:18

I would have loved it if it wasn't one.
I run out of talent

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 11 Dec 2017, 13:53

I don't think it was a penalty, you see that kind of situation in practically every game without a pen being given. Having said that, if you're playing Lovren, Mignolet, and Klavan, as a team you have to be looking to score more than one goal in every game.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 11 Dec 2017, 15:09

Actually I wasn't sure it was a penalty yesterday but, looking back today, it is in my view. He certainly pushes him from behind and, if he really didn't want to gain an advantage from that, then don;t do it.
The undefined being negotiated by the unprepared in order to get the unspecified for the uninformed.

John aka Josh

Postby John aka Josh » 11 Dec 2017, 19:59

Somewhat predictably, I don't think it was a penalty. I don't know how to embed a gif otherwise I'd have this https://i.imgur.com/E3OWDbz.gif on. CL is moving away from the ball, into Lovren so that he can throw himself down. If it was an offence it was a foul against Lovren, almost Owenesque in quality.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 11 Dec 2017, 20:08

Oh fuck off! :)
The undefined being negotiated by the unprepared in order to get the unspecified for the uninformed.

John aka Josh

Postby John aka Josh » 11 Dec 2017, 20:23

I take it you disagree? ;)

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 11 Dec 2017, 20:34

Putting your hands there leaves you open to it these days sadly and he could have been more savvy but the cunt went down like a sack of tatties.
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:we have lost touch with anything normal

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 11 Dec 2017, 20:36

John aka Josh wrote:I take it you disagree? ;)

Perception is your strong point.

Don't get me wrong, I think he played for it - but Lovren absolutely served it up for him on a platter. Because he's a thick, clumsy twat.

Goat Boy wrote:Putting your hands there leaves you open to it these days sadly and he could have been more savvy but the cunt went down like a sack of tatties.

Perception is your strong point.

Don't get me wrong, I think he played for it - but Lovren absolutely served it up for him on a platter. Because he's a thick, clumsy twat.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 11 Dec 2017, 20:40

8-)
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 11 Dec 2017, 22:48

You could clearly see Lovren's arm push into the back of the player running at pace. Clear pen. Not even a debate for me.

Tonto Papadopoulos
Utter Cad

Postby Tonto Papadopoulos » 11 Dec 2017, 22:59

As Shearer and Murphy said, clear penalty. Not even up for debate.
Apologising for the incitement of racial hatred in modern-Day Britain, Toby wrote:Also, what sort of society do we live in where jokes about religious garb or dress can't be made?

Tonto Papadopoulos
Utter Cad

Postby Tonto Papadopoulos » 11 Dec 2017, 23:02

John aka Josh wrote:Somewhat predictably, I don't think it was a penalty. I don't know how to embed a gif otherwise I'd have this https://i.imgur.com/E3OWDbz.gif on. CL is moving away from the ball, into Lovren so that he can throw himself down. If it was an offence it was a foul against Lovren, almost Owenesque in quality.

I bet RAWK has got a team of volunteer Norwegian lawyers working around the clock on it right now. Embarrassing.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 11 Dec 2017, 23:04

As embarrassing as Everton employing a bent manager?

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 12 Dec 2017, 10:14

Non sequitur

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 12 Dec 2017, 11:04

Fat Sam. How the noble Everton have fallen eh?

the gorton gollum
cultural defective

Postby the gorton gollum » 12 Dec 2017, 11:23

Well proportioned Sam.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:I do however have a very good friend - John Reynolds...married to Sinead O'Connor

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 12 Dec 2017, 11:50

Goat Boy wrote:Fat Sam. How the noble Everton have fallen eh?

How dare you sir!
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 12 Dec 2017, 12:01

Ooh look - meet the gang cos the boys are here....