Everton

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
Stat Boy

Postby 010101010101 » 26 Dec 2005, 21:41

Diamond Dog wrote:
Iam wrote:I haven't seen it yet, Pete.

I'll let you know after MOTD...

You won't believe your eyes Adam. That fucker Riley had the clearest view in the whole stadium of the most blatant handball you'll see all season - and just chose to ignore it. He isn't incompetent - he is a spineless, cheating cunt. Abysmal.

Baros admitted it after the game, but shrugged it off as getting a bit of luck.

--
Judgement Day is upon you

Postby -- » 27 Dec 2005, 00:41

Diamond Dog wrote:
Iam wrote:I haven't seen it yet, Pete.

I'll let you know after MOTD...

You won't believe your eyes Adam. That fucker Riley had the clearest view in the whole stadium of the most blatant handball you'll see all season - and just chose to ignore it. He isn't incompetent - he is a spineless, cheating cunt. Abysmal.

Yep, absolutely dreadful decision. Clearly a handball and he was staring right at the area of play. He cannot have missed it.

As Steve says, Barros admitted it afterwards, too.

Everton just seem to be reeling at the minute, though. What's the answer?

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 27 Dec 2005, 08:57

I think Moyes's transfer dealings are going to come under closer scrutiny - a combined £15 million for Beattie, Koldrup and Davies doesn't look like a good use of resources at the moment. We've got a pitiful return from that investment at the moment. I think he may have to sell to buy in January - there's alot of places need filling and alot of players not performing at the moment.

We need another forward - McFadden isn't the answer in any way. Someone to alleviate the pressure on Beattie - clearly Moyes doesn't believe Bent to be the answer (and Ferguson is retiring) so that's one area we're desperately short of cover in.

In midfield I think Neville as the holding midfield player is fine - Arteta, Cahill, McFadden and (maybe) Davies would seem to work okay(ish).

Defensively I've never been confident with Yobo - he just gets knocked off he ball too much for a centre back. But Koldrup could be the answer - along with Weir and/or Yobo. I'm happy enough with Hibbert, but we need cover at left back until Pistone returns. Playing Neville there is a waste - he can't influence the game from there.

So, the shopping list:

1) Forward
2) Left Back
3) Centre Back
4) Left sided midfielder

In that order.
I have put the ignorant, inflammatory bore on ignore.

andymacandy
"Liberal Airhead"

Postby andymacandy » 27 Dec 2005, 09:19

You really have to wonder why he didnt give it?
As a ref, some decisions are hard/borderline, but that was clear, resulted in a goal, and wasnt in any way controversial.
The two in the Chelsea game were at least, in a small way, judgement calls.Was Knight in play, was Terry shielding his face?
No, in both cases, but at least a loose arguement without replays could be made.
Not in Rileys one, and I suspect he'll get called on it.
I did think Moyes was clutching at straws slightly when he claimed it was a game changing decision though.Sure, it changed the score, but I hope he isnt under any illusions about it changing the result.
Bless the weather.......Image

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 27 Dec 2005, 09:28

Well, at the time Andy, it had been a close match - indeed, Beattie had failed to convert (by far) the best chance up until then. When both teams have struggled to score this season, the first goal (and I'm entering 'cliche world' here, but you know what I mean) was always going to be crucial. It doesn't in anyway excuse the truly abysmal second half performance, but it really was a decision that changed the course of the game massively.

I saw it again this morning - the camera angle where Riley is looking straight at the incident, with no one between him and the handball and no interference from anyone, is particularly damning. As I said in my original post, it really is the worst decision I've seen all season - unforgivable. And made more so by the fact that the guy has bottled it - ther can be no other explanation for his failure to give the correct decision. That being the case - he needs sorting out at the highest level.

andymacandy
"Liberal Airhead"

Postby andymacandy » 27 Dec 2005, 09:36

Diamond Dog wrote:
I saw it again this morning - the camera angle where Riley is looking straight at the incident, with no one between him and the handball and no interference from anyone, is particularly damning. As I said in my original post, it really is the worst decision I've seen all season - unforgivable. And made more so by the fact that the guy has bottled it - ther can be no other explanation for his failure to give the correct decision. That being the case - he needs sorting out at the highest level.

But this is the point I was making-he cant have bottled it.It was a much braver decision to not give it.
And much stupider too.

Mind you , he wasnt alone yesterday either.
There were a good few iffy ones.
Did you see Muzzy Izzets sending off?I still cant decide if he dived or not, and equally, there doesnt seem to be any possibility acknowledged that he could have fallen over as a result of a fair tackle, without it being a pen or a dive.Having seen it again, I still dont know, but a booking ( and then the red) still seems harsh.
Bless the weather.......Image

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 27 Dec 2005, 09:41

It struck me Andy that he chose to ignore it because it was for the home team. Simple as that. Not based on any research, just a gut feeling.

Of course, being an Everton fan doesn't help... :lol:

sensi

Postby sensi » 27 Dec 2005, 10:20

Baros eh?...whoo...when you can score a goal like the fourth one why carry the ball over the line for the first one...lazy bastard. :lol:

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 27 Dec 2005, 10:23

Go play with your snowballs Jane.......... :evil:

sensi

Postby sensi » 27 Dec 2005, 10:28

Diamond Dog wrote:Go play with your snowballs Jane.......... :evil:

Jane and her favourite Christmas present on Sunday :P :lol:

Scally Mcgrew
apparent poobah

Postby Scally Mcgrew » 27 Dec 2005, 23:04

sensemeliaparupapumpum wrote:

Villa are sponsored by 'COWS'?
Know what really makes me mad? They clean me with a Brillo pad...

marios

Postby marios » 28 Dec 2005, 12:02

The Greek press have reported that Aggelos Basinas will be signing with Everton in the next few days.

He's been without a team for 6 months now. He basically does the same job Gravessen does, but i'm curious to see if he can cut it in the Premiership. He used to play for my team, Panathinaikos, but he fell out of favor with the fans and the owners after a certain game when the team lost the championship a couple of years ago.

In fact, only one player from that team still plays for Panathinaikos. All the others have "left". The owners made it clear they wanted to get rid of the loser mentality haunting the team. Olympiakos won 8 of the last 9 national championships and Panatha only managed one.

He's 29 years old, by the way. Sources state that Everton are prepared to give him 800,000 Euros per season.

lemon

Postby lemon » 28 Dec 2005, 12:28

andymacandy wrote:Did you see Muzzy Izzets sending off?I still cant decide if he dived or not, and equally, there doesnt seem to be any possibility acknowledged that he could have fallen over as a result of a fair tackle, without it being a pen or a dive.Having seen it again, I still dont know, but a booking ( and then the red) still seems harsh.

This one was truly odd I thought. He went down but not a single person, including Izzet, seemed to complain. He got up and for a split second seemed content to walk away until he saw the ref pulling the card. I really don't see how that decision can be given; if a card is given without even a hint of protest then players risk being booked/sent off for simply tripping over their own feet.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 28 Dec 2005, 15:05

Scally Mcgrew wrote:

Villa are sponsored by 'COWS'?

The refs decision on Saturday certainly was a load of old bullocks...

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 31 Dec 2005, 19:27

An undeserved 1-0 away win at Sunderland. That aptly describes our plight at the moment - but a crucial victory, nonetheless.

sensi

Postby sensi » 31 Dec 2005, 19:34

Diamond Dog wrote: but a crucial victory, nonetheless.

Talking of crucial victories...0-0 to the Arse...that's Crucial *kisses lucky Villa shirt*

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 31 Dec 2005, 19:36

Talking of crucial victories...0-0 to the Arse...that's Crucial *kisses lucky Villa shirt*

and it's a draw......

sensi

Postby sensi » 31 Dec 2005, 19:38

Diamond Dog wrote:

and it's a draw......

You've got to include crucial draws when you are as crap as we are :lol: ...thanks for pissing on my chips :cry:

beheaded

Postby beheaded » 01 Jan 2006, 05:06

Diamond Dog wrote:

and it's a draw......

You've got to include crucial draws when you are as crap as we are :lol: ...thanks for pissing on my chips :cry:

point apiece is a fair result but the performance deserves the three though. Arse didn't get their first corner until the 88th min whereas we were onto our 10th. no worries though for Arse, they know we are crap at set-pieces.

nice kick by Ridgewell on Van Persie. funny, no comments from Wenger.
That blast came from the pants! That thing's operational!

purgatory brite

Postby purgatory brite » 01 Jan 2006, 11:43

sensemeliaparupapumpum wrote:You've got to include crucial draws when you are as crap as we are :lol:

I was surprised by the level of commitment shown by Villa in the match against the Gunners yesterday. They could have gone on to win, as Arsenal weren't firing on all cylinders.

pb