Everton

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
User avatar
andymacandy
"Liberal Airhead"
Posts: 29959
Joined: 18 Jul 2003, 18:26
Location: MacAndys Farm

Everton

Postby andymacandy » 15 Sep 2005, 21:23

:shock:
At least we only got thumped in one competition
Bless the weather.......Image

User avatar
cheifwhat
Posts: 6676
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 19:26
Location: WoOt!

Postby cheifwhat » 15 Sep 2005, 22:18

oh dear oh dear,

still, it was an entertaining match, i'll give them that, and some nice goals too.



personaly, i'd rather see a team from england or italy go out to a team from a poorer country as i feel that they've little enough as it is to cheer about. i mean if you're romanian, what else is there? so i'm afraid i'm happier for them than i am sad for the kid p or DD, sorry, but thats the way i am and always have been.




(mind you, greece wining the european cup was a bit much)
Mostly dancing sir,...

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 65840
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Postby Diamond Dog » 16 Sep 2005, 07:05

Apparently there's a new T-Shirt on the red side of Liverpool

"Everton European Campaign August-September '05".
In other words an extended look into *******’s head, and it seems to have some pretty good things in it (who among us is totally free of mental garbage?) It’s nice to see that he is confident enough so he can play some blues again,I’d like to hear more.

Google_[Bot]

Postby Google_[Bot] » 16 Sep 2005, 09:21

cheifwhat wrote:personaly, i'd rather see a team from england or italy go out to a team from a poorer country as i feel that they've little enough as it is to cheer about.


I would normally agree totally with that view but, as I know DD and Kid P personally and have seen their suffering and anguish unfold over the last few months my sympathies are entirely with them. Friends come before redistribution of national glory for me.

Plus, poor old Everton finally, and against all odds and predictions and whilst losing their two 'best' players, scrape into the CL spot and then get two consecutive nasty draws. Only a heartless brute or a Liverpool fan could fail to feel for them.

User avatar
trans-chigley express
Posts: 17189
Joined: 11 Nov 2003, 01:50
Location: Asia's WC

Postby trans-chigley express » 16 Sep 2005, 09:54

Diamond Dog wrote:Apparently there's a new T-Shirt on the red side of Liverpool

"Everton European Campaign August-September '05".


That's funny but really unfair, Everton have had a real shit draw. Still, with that away goal all is not lost, 4-0 at Goodison will do it!

Johnny Fartpants

Postby Johnny Fartpants » 16 Sep 2005, 09:56

On a broader vein, and yes I know we're only a few games into the season, but ...

Everton
Season before last - crap
Last season - great
This season - crap

Anyone care to explain ??

User avatar
cheifwhat
Posts: 6676
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 19:26
Location: WoOt!

Postby cheifwhat » 16 Sep 2005, 10:15

Rorschach wrote:
I would normally agree totally with that view but, as I know DD and Kid P personally and have seen their suffering and anguish unfold over the last few months my sympathies are entirely with them. Friends come before redistribution of national glory for me.



that's the problem with the world at large, unless we know someone personally, their suffering means fuck all. don't you think the fans in romania would feel anything, does your not knowing any of them mean that thay suffer less?

Plus, poor old Everton finally, and against all odds and predictions and whilst losing their two 'best' players, scrape into the CL spot and then get two consecutive nasty draws. Only a heartless brute or a Liverpool fan could fail to feel for them.


i know both personally too, that doesn't mean that i don't feel for them, i can only muster so much mind, it's not like anyone's dead here is it? let's get a grip now.

and i wouldn't call steua bucharest a tough draw, i think man ure or liverpool would have struggled but won.
Mostly dancing sir,...

Bungo the Mungo

Postby Bungo the Mungo » 16 Sep 2005, 10:23

is the UEFA cup really a worthwhile competition? judging from the lack of crowds in many of the matches, it would seem that any financial gains are minimal. a long run could potentially harm a clubs premiership chances. seems a waste of time to me.

User avatar
Mozz
Irritatingly Youthful
Posts: 2970
Joined: 24 Jul 2003, 14:38
Location: Amusement Parks, U.S.A.

Postby Mozz » 16 Sep 2005, 10:34

Johnny Fartpants wrote:On a broader vein, and yes I know we're only a few games into the season, but ...

Everton
Season before last - crap
Last season - great
This season - crap

Anyone care to explain ??


Maybe it's because last season, we had such low expectations that the players were under less pressure and then performed well. This season, there's more pressure on them to replicate last season and, as a result, they're struggling.

:?:

Johnny Fartpants

Postby Johnny Fartpants » 16 Sep 2005, 10:48

solarskope wrote:is the UEFA cup really a worthwhile competition? judging from the lack of crowds in many of the matches, it would seem that any financial gains are minimal. a long run could potentially harm a clubs premiership chances. seems a waste of time to me.


It is a strange one. I was at Boro v Xanthi with my son last night. Ticket prices had been reduced to £20 for adults and £10 for Under-16s anywhere in the ground (bear in mind that some of those tickets can be well over £40). There was only 14,191 people there in a ground that holds 35,000. OK, the weather was pretty shit yesterday, which probably put a few off. And Xanthi aren't exactly Real Madrid in terms of drawing in the neutrals. But that was a pretty crap crowd.

And it almost seems like the club itself, or at least Steve McClaren, has the attitude "well, if we get through, we get through, if we go out then, that's OK too". He played a pretty negative looking team last night. With due respect to Xanthi, with a "full strength" team, Boro should have won 4 or 5 nil. But in the end, we scraped a 2-0 win, and it really was scraping ... Xanthi played well second half and should have had at least 2 or 3 goals themselves ... they missed some sitters. The scoreline flattered us in the end.
Last edited by Johnny Fartpants on 16 Sep 2005, 10:55, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Toby
Arsehole all Erect
Posts: 23053
Joined: 28 Jul 2003, 23:13
Contact:

Postby Toby » 16 Sep 2005, 10:52

I can't believe crowds aren't going to European games. Fickle cunts.

User avatar
cheifwhat
Posts: 6676
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 19:26
Location: WoOt!

Postby cheifwhat » 16 Sep 2005, 10:58

solarskope wrote:is the UEFA cup really a worthwhile competition? judging from the lack of crowds in many of the matches, it would seem that any financial gains are minimal. a long run could potentially harm a clubs premiership chances. seems a waste of time to me.



are you saying that it's only worth playing in europe if there's money in it?


i thought that originally, when it was drawn up, it was supposed to be 'fun.'
Mostly dancing sir,...

Google_[Bot]

Postby Google_[Bot] » 16 Sep 2005, 11:03

cheifwhat wrote:
Rorschach wrote:
I would normally agree totally with that view but, as I know DD and Kid P personally and have seen their suffering and anguish unfold over the last few months my sympathies are entirely with them. Friends come before redistribution of national glory for me.



that's the problem with the world at large, unless we know someone personally, their suffering means fuck all. don't you think the fans in romania would feel anything, does your not knowing any of them mean that thay suffer less?

Plus, poor old Everton finally, and against all odds and predictions and whilst losing their two 'best' players, scrape into the CL spot and then get two consecutive nasty draws. Only a heartless brute or a Liverpool fan could fail to feel for them.


i know both personally too, that doesn't mean that i don't feel for them, i can only muster so much mind, it's not like anyone's dead here is it? let's get a grip now.


Exactly. Which is why, though I normally sympathise with the teams from the crap countries and celebrate their victories, on this occasion I don't particularly. It's not a matter of life or death so my sympathies lie with the people I know.

And, as for getting a grip, it's you who's banging on about the 'suffering Romanians'. Honestly Rich, you're so Latino sometimes.

Johnny Fartpants

Postby Johnny Fartpants » 16 Sep 2005, 11:13

Rorschach wrote:
Exactly. Which is why, though I normally sympathise with the teams from the crap countries


I am sure the Romanians will be honoured that you sympathise with their crap country Tym.

:lol:

Google_[Bot]

Postby Google_[Bot] » 16 Sep 2005, 11:24

Johnny Fartpants wrote:
Rorschach wrote:
Exactly. Which is why, though I normally sympathise with the teams from the crap countries


I am sure the Romanians will be honoured that you sympathise with their crap country Tym.

:lol:


They fucking should be 'n' all.

Johnny Fartpants

Postby Johnny Fartpants » 16 Sep 2005, 11:37

Rorschach wrote:
Johnny Fartpants wrote:
Rorschach wrote:
Exactly. Which is why, though I normally sympathise with the teams from the crap countries


I am sure the Romanians will be honoured that you sympathise with their crap country Tym.

:lol:


They fucking should be 'n' all.


Which other countries are crap then ?

Google_[Bot]

Postby Google_[Bot] » 16 Sep 2005, 12:27

Johnny Fartpants wrote:
Rorschach wrote:
Johnny Fartpants wrote:
Rorschach wrote:
Exactly. Which is why, though I normally sympathise with the teams from the crap countries


I am sure the Romanians will be honoured that you sympathise with their crap country Tym.

:lol:


They fucking should be 'n' all.


Which other countries are crap then ?


The foreign ones.

Bungo the Mungo

Postby Bungo the Mungo » 16 Sep 2005, 13:03

cheifwhat wrote:are you saying that it's only worth playing in europe if there's money in it?

i thought that originally, when it was drawn up, it was supposed to be 'fun.'


yes i do believe that money is the most important aspect of playing in europe nowadays.

european club football stopped being fun when the "champions" league was introduced.

User avatar
Doctor Jimmy
Continental Fuckwit
Posts: 5292
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 14:16
Location: Ghent

Postby Doctor Jimmy » 16 Sep 2005, 13:35

A tough draw!? We got bloody Olympique Marseille, and held them to a scoreless draw (and we'll probably get slaughtered in the return game).

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 65840
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Postby Diamond Dog » 16 Sep 2005, 13:40

The Mozz wrote:
Johnny Fartpants wrote:On a broader vein, and yes I know we're only a few games into the season, but ...

Everton
Season before last - crap
Last season - great
This season - crap

Anyone care to explain ??


Maybe it's because last season, we had such low expectations that the players were under less pressure and then performed well. This season, there's more pressure on them to replicate last season and, as a result, they're struggling.

:?:


Of course, in Moyes's first season, Everton finished 7th and only just failed to qualiy for Europe. It's too early to write this season off as crap.

Two words. Thomas Gravessen. Have a look at our record since he went to Real - you'll see why we're struggling.
In other words an extended look into *******’s head, and it seems to have some pretty good things in it (who among us is totally free of mental garbage?) It’s nice to see that he is confident enough so he can play some blues again,I’d like to hear more.