Premier League 18/19

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Re: Premier League 18/19

Postby KeithPratt » 24 Sep 2018, 13:21

Thought we got a good result yesterday and should have won it. Declan Rice is growing with each game, whilst Chelsea were found out a bit. They need goal scoring midfielders.

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 29 Sep 2018, 15:50

I am, but I had an inkling we would get a result. United are obviously in disarray. I can't see him surviving another result like that.

What is happening at Old Trafford is further proof that SAF's achievements look even more extraordinary with each passing manager who comes through the door. To be able to sustain that level of excellence, desire and absolute drive for such a prolonged period leaves me in no doubt that he is the greatest manager of all time. Maybe not the best coach, but certainly the best manager.

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 29 Sep 2018, 16:20

Worst start since 1990 etc. The writing is on the wall.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 29 Sep 2018, 16:45

He's finished. Let's hope they prolong the agony for as long as possible.
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 29 Sep 2018, 17:33

Goat Boy wrote:He's finished. Let's hope they prolong the agony for as long as possible.

He is. The only question is when the axe will fall. I don't think they'll want to appoint a caretaker this early in the season if they can help it, so I think things may drag on for another 3 or 4 weeks or even months. The odds are he won't finish the season though and he definitely won't be there this time next year.

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 29 Sep 2018, 19:23

Absolutely fabulous from Daniel Sturridge. He looks back to his best.

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 30 Sep 2018, 11:42

Toby wrote:Absolutely fabulous from Daniel Sturridge. He looks back to his best.

Providing he can stay injury free he’ll be a real asset for Liverpool as he’s still a very good striker.

Good entertaining game between two quality teams and a fair result in the end. Liverpool need to sharpen up in front of goal.Shaqiri’s miss in particular was horrendous.

I think Salah is getting a lot of unfair criticism of late. Yes his goals have dried up and he’s lost a bit of confidence with his finishing but his overall play is still good and he still keeps plugging away and getting in good positions. He’s being marked a lot more tightly this season that’s for sure.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 30 Sep 2018, 14:32

And actually he's only on one less goal than at the same stage of last season.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 30 Sep 2018, 16:30

I don't get all the nonsense about Salah either - and I don't really know anyone else that does, Liverpool fan or not.

I think it's just press talk, don't you?
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 03 Oct 2018, 11:50

Felipe Anderson looks the business. Really fast, tracks back and tackles and skilful. I was very hesitant about Pellegrini, but his buys are starting to really blossom. Issa Diop was huge on Saturday and it’s emerged that loads of other clubs were in for him.

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 07 Oct 2018, 13:49

Arsenal’s third goal vs Fulham was a bit special

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 07 Oct 2018, 19:03

Liverpool Man City was surprisingly dull. Unusual to see both clubs so cautious, although if you are a supporter of either side you could argue it was evidence of a growing maturity and pragmatism. Both sides were quite happy with the point.

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 08 Oct 2018, 03:17

The Modernist wrote:Liverpool Man City was surprisingly dull. Unusual to see both clubs so cautious, although if you are a supporter of either side you could argue it was evidence of a growing maturity and pragmatism. Both sides were quite happy with the point.

I think so. A very cagey game, nothing like as open as previous encounters.

The penalty by Mahrez was atrocious. I think it'll be a while before he's allowed to take one again.

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 22 Oct 2018, 09:58

Spurs doing well despite no stadium, no transfers etc. Lloris was superb against us, although I think we deserved a point at least.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 23 Oct 2018, 15:38

Toby wrote:Spurs doing well despite no stadium, no transfers etc. Lloris was superb against us, although I think we deserved a point at least.

Ny brother is a Spurs fan and we discussed on the way to Wembley last weekend. Much like Arsenal, they've slipped inunder the radar - all the spotlight being on Man City, Liverpool & Chelsea. But those five are now at least four points clear of sixth already - and at this stage of the season, I honestly can't see anyone breaking into the top four from outside those five ie- with only a quarter of the season gone, it's four from five for the CL spots.
Cocaine

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 29 Oct 2018, 21:36

Bizarre interview with Pocchetino today :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46016575

Many things happened that make myself not in my best mood," said Pochettino.

The Argentine has led the club to three successive top-three finishes, but Spurs look set to exit the Champions League at the group stage for the second time in three years after taking one point from their opening three games.

"The season so far, it's strange because my feeling is the worst I've had in the five years that I've been here," he added. "But it's the best start ever for the club in the Premier League. It's strange, no?

"It's so difficult to explain because many things happen, I am disappointed we are still waiting for the new stadium when the expectation was to be there at the beginning of the season.

"I know I always have a good relationship with the media but my feeling is not the best feeling, I had a better feeling in previous seasons."
Spurs 'not focused on winning titles'

Pochettino also says the club "is not focused completely in winning titles or winning games", because they "need to fix other problems" and have "different circumstances" to the rest of the Premier League's biggest clubs.

"We have a lot of focus and you know very well when you are competing with sides like we are in the Champions League and Premier League, the most important thing is to fight in the same conditions as others," he said.

"Today, we spend a lot of energy in many things. One is to win games, but the club needs to be all focused in trying to win titles.

"Everything is not perfect but we are in a circumstance and a project that is completely different to another club, at the moment.

"But maybe when we arrive to the new stadium in the future, we will be in the same project, or we are going to act the same as other teams are acting like Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal."

Sounds like a CV for the Real job.

Oh, hold on :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45935137

Real Madrid have sacked Julen Lopetegui as manager after four and a half months in charge at the Bernabeu.
Cocaine

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 30 Oct 2018, 04:01

A really scrappy game last night - but one that Man City won without conceding again. Spurs battled hard but created very little and, without Ericksen, they really lack invention.
Cocaine

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 14 Nov 2018, 09:40

Jokanovic sacked and replaced with Ranieri.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 14 Nov 2018, 10:41

Toby wrote:Jokanovic sacked and replaced with Ranieri.

That was on the cards, wasn't it? Is 12 games really enough? Of course not. But it was kind of inevitable having spent all that money in the summer.
Cocaine

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 14 Nov 2018, 11:36

There were signs at Anfield that they were beginning to turn the corner, but when you spend that amount of money there is going to be a long time before all those players bed in. Reminds me of AVB at Spurs.

Return to “Sporting Life”