Irrational dislikes of players

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Irrational dislikes of players

Postby KeithPratt » 04 Nov 2017, 09:54

I was thinking this morning that if Kevin De Bruyne was at Chelsea, a club I loathe, I'd dislike him intensely. Mostly because he's brilliant but at an awful club and also because his face reminds me of a kid I used to despise at school . So three cheers for Mourinho, for selling him to Wolfsburg and then onto City, who despite their grubby billions, at least aren't quite as vulgar as Chelsea.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Re: Irrational dislikes of players

Postby Diamond Dog » 04 Nov 2017, 10:04

Toby wrote:I was thinking this morning that if Kevin De Bruyne was at Chelsea, a club I loathe, I'd dislike him intensely. Mostly because he's brilliant but at an awful club and also because his face reminds me of a kid I used to despise at school . So three cheers for Mourinho, for selling him to Wolfsburg and then onto City, who despite their grubby billions, at least aren't quite as vulgar as Chelsea.

Really? You think Man City are somehow more likeable than Chelsea? In which way Toby? Seriously, I just see two sides of the same grubby coin.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 04 Nov 2017, 10:05

My rugby league-team (Penrith) is about to swap one of their finest youth players (Matt Moylan) for the halfback of the Cronulla Sharks- James Maloney. Always disliked him, grubby little bastard, now 32-years old and he is going to stink up my team.
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 04 Nov 2017, 10:07

Evidence suggests otherwise.
Cocaine

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 04 Nov 2017, 10:09

City are more likeable to me at least. I've always had affection for them since the 1981 FA Cup Final. Their riches are vulgar but they play exciting football with good players.

I did say 'irrational'.

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 04 Nov 2017, 10:18

I agree with Toby in a sense. City do have the grubby piles of wealth like Chelsea, but at least they seek to entertain, and Chelsea of course were the first of the modern oligarch clubs so will always have more of a taint in a sense.

Chelsea also have a recent history of cynicism, arrogance and entitled behaviour which City don't, really.
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 04 Nov 2017, 10:27

My dislike of Ronaldo has reached such proportions that I was actually pleased when Spurs, of all teams, beat them the other day.
The funny thing is I don't remember disliking him half as much at United, despite the fact he was playing for a direct rival. Ferguson kept his ego in check then, since going to Real he's been indulged massively.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 04 Nov 2017, 10:28

Darryl Strawberry wrote:
I have an irrational hatred of Harry Kane. It's his face.

And he speaks like a spaz.

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 04 Nov 2017, 10:30

Real Madrid and Ronaldo is the worst combination, or maybe him at Chelsea. He's brilliant but he's no Messi.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 04 Nov 2017, 10:31

Darryl Strawberry wrote:I've grown to like Ronaldo over the years. Almost the opposite of what you write, G.

Well given you're a City fan I wouldn't expect you to have liked him at United. But the preening and ego seem to have got worse on a yearly basis.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 04 Nov 2017, 10:34

PENK wrote:.

Chelsea also have a recent history of cynicism, arrogance and entitled behaviour which City don't, really.

Yes. The difference between John Terry and Vincent Kompany says a lot I think. I'm actively enjoying City this season. How can you not?

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 04 Nov 2017, 10:36

I've always really disliked Dean Windass since he had a loan spell at Oldham in the twilight of his career. Loafed about the pitch doing bugger all, clearly thinking he was too good for League One. His one actual good performance was when he went in goal for half an hour following our keeper's sending off, and kept a clean sheet. Eventually he had a barney with the manager as he had been relegated to the subs bench due to his crap performances, and he was sent back to Hull.
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 04 Nov 2017, 10:38

The Modernist wrote:
PENK wrote:.

Yes. The difference between John Terry and Vincent Kompany says a lot I think. I'm actively enjoying City this season. How can you not?

Birthday cake, Ya Ya?

Please.
Cocaine

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 04 Nov 2017, 10:42

But that was more just about one player. With Chelsea it seems to be the culture at the club.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 04 Nov 2017, 10:44

What about players who you disliked who played for your club? I'm not talking about players you disliked because the manager kept picking them and you didn't rate them, but ones you actually disliked as people, who you didn't want to see wear the shirt?

There's been remarkably few for me at Arsenal. But Adebayor is definitely one. Never liked him.

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 04 Nov 2017, 10:48

The Modernist wrote:What about players who you disliked who played for your club? I'm not talking about players you disliked because the manager kept picking them and you didn't rate them, but ones you actually disliked as people, who you didn't want to see wear the shirt?

See Dean Windass, above.

Of course there was also the Ched Evans saga, which I thought cast Oldham in quite an unsavoury light whatever you think of Evans himself: my opinion was that while there was an argument that Evans had done his time (and indeed his sentence was overturned on the subsequent appeal), there was also the issue of his and his supporters' treatment of the woman he was accused of raping to take into account, and the way the club lied to fans and didn't pay attention to their wishes was very unedifying. Fortunately we didn't sign him in the end.

We also had Lee Hughes after he was released from prison following his hit-and-run incident. He was very good for us, scored a lot of goals, but I was always uneasy about having him at the club and eventually we got shot of him as regardless of his goals he was a bad influence behind the scenes.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 04 Nov 2017, 10:50

You've had a few like that. What about Joey Barton?

The Red Heifer
Fucking Crackers

Postby The Red Heifer » 04 Nov 2017, 10:53

never/ever wrote:My rugby league-team (Penrith) is about to swap one of their finest youth players (Matt Moylan) for the halfback of the Cronulla Sharks- James Maloney. Always disliked him, grubby little bastard, now 32-years old and he is going to stink up my team.

This is how I felt when Braith Anasta went to the Tigers, except it's now got worse since he's retired and moved on to rubbishing the club every single chance he gets on Fox, even though he thieved his paycheque from us. Needs punching and I'll punch him.
Wadesmith wrote:Why is it that when there's a 'What do you think of this?' post, it's always absolute cobblers?

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 04 Nov 2017, 10:56

The Red Heifer wrote:
never/ever wrote:My rugby league-team (Penrith) is about to swap one of their finest youth players (Matt Moylan) for the halfback of the Cronulla Sharks- James Maloney. Always disliked him, grubby little bastard, now 32-years old and he is going to stink up my team.

This is how I felt when Braith Anasta went to the Tigers, except it's now got worse since he's retired and moved on to rubbishing the club every single chance he gets on Fox, even though he thieved his paycheque from us. Needs punching and I'll punch him.

Anything imported from the Bulldogs, really.....
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 04 Nov 2017, 11:09

Darryl Strawberry wrote:Exactly. And Yaya has been sidelined.

Like he was last season.... until around this time.

If there was one act of 'entitlement' in the whole of English football, I'm absolutely certain nearly everyone would say Toure's was it. Crying like a fucking child because the club didn't give him a fucking birthay cake!! What sort of cunt is he and what sort of cuntish club allows him to still be on their books three or four seasons since his petulant spat?!
Cocaine

Return to “Sporting Life”