Sporting Trivia Quiz * Sporting Trivia Quiz * Sporting Trivia Quiz *Sporting Trivia Quiz *

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
PENK
Midnight to Six Man

Re: Sporting Trivia Quiz * Sporting Trivia Quiz * Sporting Trivia Quiz *Sporting Trivia Quiz *

Postby PENK » 19 Dec 2017, 12:36

Niall Quinn? :)
Copehead wrote:I have met Gruff Rhys - although he claimed he wasn't and that he couldn't speak Welsh, as I spoke to him in Welsh, but it was him lying bastard.

Rayge

Re: Sporting Trivia Quiz * Sporting Trivia Quiz * Sporting Trivia Quiz *Sporting Trivia Quiz *

Postby Rayge » 19 Dec 2017, 12:39

the answer is Gomes, but I don't have a question.
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

When the ball sleeps it dreams it is a Frisbee

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. Love is the law, love under will

WG Kaspar

Postby WG Kaspar » 19 Dec 2017, 16:16

Massimo Taibi
I run out of talent

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 19 Dec 2017, 16:37

Rayge wrote:the answer is Gomes, but I don't have a question.

Correct.
Mason Cooley wrote:Worried about being a dull fellow? You might develop your talent for being irritating.

"You were caught fucking another woman’s husband in a field while you were married, you camel-faced, racist troglodyte".

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 19 Dec 2017, 16:46

OK. I know at least one person on here will get this right away, as their team was on of those involved.
The highest aggregate of goals in a league match, 17, came in a Boxing Day fixture in what year?

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. Love is the law, love under will

PENK
Midnight to Six Man

Postby PENK » 19 Dec 2017, 17:01

That was us. We lost 13-4 to Tranmere on Boxing Day (having beaten them 4-1 the day before). Guess our players celebrated a bit too hard.

I don’t know the year though! ’50s?
Copehead wrote:I have met Gruff Rhys - although he claimed he wasn't and that he couldn't speak Welsh, as I spoke to him in Welsh, but it was him lying bastard.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 19 Dec 2017, 17:05

PENK wrote:That was us. We lost 13-4 to Tranmere on Boxing Day (having beaten them 4-1 the day before). Guess our players celebrated a bit too hard.

I don’t know the year though! ’50s?

Yes to the result, but it was pre-war.

PENK
Midnight to Six Man

Postby PENK » 21 Dec 2017, 10:11

Er, well then, 1937?

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 21 Dec 2017, 13:08

PENK wrote:Er, well then, 1937?

close enough. it was 1935.take it away

PENK
Midnight to Six Man

Postby PENK » 21 Dec 2017, 18:01

Which team has experienced the most promotions and relegations in English league history?

And which team is the biggest yo-yo club in terms of moving between the top two divisions?

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 21 Dec 2017, 18:44

PENK wrote:Which team has experienced the most promotions and relegations in English league history?

And which team is the biggest yo-yo club in terms of moving between the top two divisions?

Pretty sure between the top two is Birmingham.
Mason Cooley wrote:Worried about being a dull fellow? You might develop your talent for being irritating.

"You were caught fucking another woman’s husband in a field while you were married, you camel-faced, racist troglodyte".

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 21 Dec 2017, 18:45

And they may even be the answer to the first question too?

PENK
Midnight to Six Man

Postby PENK » 21 Dec 2017, 19:07

No, just between the top two divisions. Twelve times up, twelve times down. They have a couple of other moves too but the top team has gone up or down thirty times.

A clue that probably won't help: the team I'm looking for also holds the record for getting the most managers sacked (ie more managers have been sacked after a game against this team than any other).

Vic Snazell-Sprey
Utter Cad

Postby Vic Snazell-Sprey » 23 Dec 2017, 09:24

Notts County? Norwich?
Little Jim was no-one's fool - he owned the town's only jam butty mine.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 23 Dec 2017, 09:45

Crystal Palace?
Ever notice that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster is a maniac?."

George Carlin

WG Kaspar

Postby WG Kaspar » 23 Dec 2017, 11:00

Sunderland?
I run out of talent

PENK
Midnight to Six Man

Postby PENK » 23 Dec 2017, 13:52

Notts County are second. They were joint first until May this year.

WG Kaspar

Postby WG Kaspar » 25 Dec 2017, 16:31

Newcastle?
I run out of talent

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 02 Jan 2018, 14:39

Grimsby Town!

PENK
Midnight to Six Man

Postby PENK » 03 Jan 2018, 20:57

Did you look that up? :)