Sporting Trivia Quiz * Sporting Trivia Quiz * Sporting Trivia Quiz *Sporting Trivia Quiz *

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Re: Sporting Trivia Quiz * Sporting Trivia Quiz * Sporting Trivia Quiz *Sporting Trivia Quiz *

Postby Diamond Dog » 22 Nov 2017, 20:49

Has to be a plant infection (affecting the pitch - Deadly Derek taking advantage maybe) or a human infection, probably caused by food... but, no, no idea really!
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Rayge

Re: Sporting Trivia Quiz * Sporting Trivia Quiz * Sporting Trivia Quiz *Sporting Trivia Quiz *

Postby Rayge » 22 Nov 2017, 20:57

It's a fungus that attacks grass. I know that through gardening. Don't have a question though.
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 22 Nov 2017, 21:52

Yep. DD can take the question, as he was right in saying that Underwood was the one to benefit from it (as it attacked the Headingley pitch before the game there).
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 22 Nov 2017, 22:45

Which Goalkeeper has saved the most penalties in EPL history - his total is 11?
Cocaine

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 19 Dec 2017, 11:44

Diamond Dog wrote:Which Goalkeeper has saved the most penalties in EPL history - his total is 11?

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Cocaine

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 19 Dec 2017, 12:36

Niall Quinn? :)
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 19 Dec 2017, 12:39

the answer is Gomes, but I don't have a question.

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

WG Kaspar

Postby WG Kaspar » 19 Dec 2017, 16:16

Massimo Taibi
I run out of talent

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 19 Dec 2017, 16:37

Rayge wrote:the answer is Gomes, but I don't have a question.

Correct.
Cocaine

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 19 Dec 2017, 16:46

OK. I know at least one person on here will get this right away, as their team was on of those involved.
The highest aggregate of goals in a league match, 17, came in a Boxing Day fixture in what year?

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 19 Dec 2017, 17:01

That was us. We lost 13-4 to Tranmere on Boxing Day (having beaten them 4-1 the day before). Guess our players celebrated a bit too hard.

I don’t know the year though! ’50s?

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 19 Dec 2017, 17:05

PENK wrote:That was us. We lost 13-4 to Tranmere on Boxing Day (having beaten them 4-1 the day before). Guess our players celebrated a bit too hard.

I don’t know the year though! ’50s?

Yes to the result, but it was pre-war.

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 21 Dec 2017, 10:11

Er, well then, 1937?

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 21 Dec 2017, 13:08

PENK wrote:Er, well then, 1937?

close enough. it was 1935.take it away

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 21 Dec 2017, 18:01

Which team has experienced the most promotions and relegations in English league history?

And which team is the biggest yo-yo club in terms of moving between the top two divisions?

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 21 Dec 2017, 18:44

PENK wrote:Which team has experienced the most promotions and relegations in English league history?

And which team is the biggest yo-yo club in terms of moving between the top two divisions?

Pretty sure between the top two is Birmingham.
Cocaine

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 21 Dec 2017, 18:45

And they may even be the answer to the first question too?
Cocaine

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 21 Dec 2017, 19:07

No, just between the top two divisions. Twelve times up, twelve times down. They have a couple of other moves too but the top team has gone up or down thirty times.

A clue that probably won't help: the team I'm looking for also holds the record for getting the most managers sacked (ie more managers have been sacked after a game against this team than any other).

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 23 Dec 2017, 09:45

Crystal Palace?
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

WG Kaspar

Postby WG Kaspar » 23 Dec 2017, 11:00

Sunderland?
I run out of talent

Return to “Sporting Life”