Sporting Trivia Quiz * Sporting Trivia Quiz * Sporting Trivia Quiz *Sporting Trivia Quiz *

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Re: Sporting Trivia Quiz * Sporting Trivia Quiz * Sporting Trivia Quiz *Sporting Trivia Quiz *

Postby Penk! » 23 Dec 2017, 13:52

Notts County are second. They were joint first until May this year.
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

WG Kaspar

Re: Sporting Trivia Quiz * Sporting Trivia Quiz * Sporting Trivia Quiz *Sporting Trivia Quiz *

Postby WG Kaspar » 25 Dec 2017, 16:31

Newcastle?
I run out of talent

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 02 Jan 2018, 14:39

Grimsby Town!
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 03 Jan 2018, 20:57

Did you look that up? :)
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 03 Jan 2018, 21:27

PENK wrote:Did you look that up? :)

No... I have to confess I was told at work.... I wouldn't have had a clue otherwise!
Cocaine

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 03 Jan 2018, 21:38

It was in an old Guardian Knowledge article I found it. Off you go with a new question... if anyone else is still out there!

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 03 Jan 2018, 21:45

Okay... without Googling... name the last permanent managers of these three Premier League teams, prior to the present manager :

a) Bournemouth
b) Brighton
c) Huddersfield.
Cocaine

Nikki Gradual
nasty, brutish and short

Postby Nikki Gradual » 05 Jan 2018, 16:00

Diamond Dog wrote:without Googling

:D :D :D :D
Isn't this whole thread just the BCB Googling championships, but done by people clever enough – and prepared to put in the effort – to make the fact that they googled it a fraction less conspicuous?
"He's thrown a kettle over a pub; what have you done?"

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 05 Jan 2018, 16:15

Diamond Dog wrote:Okay... without Googling... name the last permanent managers of these three Premier League teams, prior to the present manager :

a) Bournemouth
b) Brighton
c) Huddersfield.

Was it Poyet at Brighton?

Nikki Gradual
nasty, brutish and short

Postby Nikki Gradual » 05 Jan 2018, 16:26

Diamond Dog wrote:Okay... without Googling... name the last permanent managers of these three Premier League teams, prior to the present manager :

a) Bournemouth
b) Brighton
c) Huddersfield.

When I read this question I wished it was Bournemouth and Burnley and two (maybe three) managers previous. Then I think the answer to both would have been Eddie Howe. As it is, I haven't a clue.
"He's thrown a kettle over a pub; what have you done?"

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 05 Jan 2018, 23:26

Yep - Grimsby and Birmingham respectively.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 05 Jan 2018, 23:44

Not Poyet.
Cocaine

Tapiocahead

Postby Tapiocahead » 07 Jan 2018, 17:05

I think Brighton was Sammi Hyppia and Huddersfield Chris Powell. Can't remember Bournemouth.
Fishstick selling fuck

Tapiocahead

Postby Tapiocahead » 07 Jan 2018, 17:09

The only name is can conjure up for Bournemouth is Steven Fletcher but I'm not at all sure he was ever even permanent manager.
Fishstick selling fuck

Spock!

Postby Spock! » 07 Jan 2018, 20:33

Tapiocahead wrote:The only name is can conjure up for Bournemouth is Steven Fletcher but I'm not at all sure he was ever even permanent manager.

Big Fletch hasn't been Bournemouth's manager, he was assistant for a while - less than a season I think.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 07 Jan 2018, 22:57

Tapiocahead wrote:I think Brighton was Sammi Hyppia and Huddersfield Chris Powell.

Both correct.
Cocaine

Tapiocahead

Postby Tapiocahead » 08 Jan 2018, 11:31

I got nothing for Bournemouth, the only non Eddie Howe names I can conjure up at all are Mel Machin and Harry Redknapp but Howe's not been there that long.
Fishstick selling fuck

Return to “Sporting Life”