Ronaldo's extraordinary career stats

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry

Ronaldo's extraordinary career stats

Postby ... » 05 Jun 2017, 08:54

Love him or loathe him (and I fall into the latter category), you can't deny the guy is a superlative footballer.

From http://www.football365.com

* Cristiano Ronaldo has scored 105 goals in the Champions League – the most of any player. Lionel Messi is second with 94.

* Cristiano Ronaldo has scored more goals in the Champions League knock-out stages (54) than all but three other players have scored overall (Messi has 94, Raul has 71 and Ruud van Nistelrooy has 56).

* Cristiano Ronaldo has scored more Champions League goals (105) than 113 of the 135 teams who have ever participated in the competition. Two more goals will take him past Galatasaray and Shaktar Donetsk.

* Cristiano Ronaldo has scored more Champions League goals since 2009 (90) than Manchester United (86) and Manchester City (81).

* Cristiano Ronaldo has scored more Champions League goals since 2009 (90) than Tottenham (43), Leicester (11) and Liverpool (10) combined.

* Cristiano Ronaldo scored more goals in the 2015/16 Champions League group stage (11) than Liverpool have overall in the competition since 2009 (10).

* Cristiano Ronaldo has been the Champions League top scorer in five successive seasons.

* Cristiano Ronaldo has scored the most goals in a single Champions League season (17 in 2013/14), as well as the second most (16 in 2015/16).

* Cristiano Ronaldo is the only player to have scored three hat-tricks in a single Champions League season (2013/14).

* Cristiano Ronaldo is the only player to score in three Champions League finals (2008, 2014 and 2017).

* Cristiano Ronaldo has the most hat-tricks in La Liga history (32).

* Cristiano Ronaldo has scored as many La Liga hat-tricks (32) since 2009 as Manchester United have scored Premier League hat-tricks overall.

* The only Premier League clubs to have scored more hat-tricks overall (since football began in 1992) than Cristiano Ronaldo are Arsenal (38) and Liverpool (36).

* Cristiano Ronaldo has the joint-most hat-tricks in Champions League history (7, with Messi).

* Cristiano Ronaldo (and Messi, by extension) has scored more Champions League hat-tricks (7) than every team that has ever participated in the competition except for Real Madrid (11) and Barcelona (12).

* Cristiano Ronaldo only ever scored one hat-trick for Manchester United.

* Cristiano Ronaldo is the only player in the history of football to score more than 50 goals in a season on six consecutive occasions.

* Cristiano Ronaldo is the only player to have scored in the 2004, 2008, 2012 and 2016 European Championships, as well as the 2006, 2010 and 2014 World Cups.

* Cristiano Ronaldo is the only player to win the league title, the national cup, the national Super Cup (Community Shield), the Champions League, the Club World Cup, the league’s Player of the Year, the Golden Boot and the Ballon d’Or at two separate clubs.

* Cristiano Ronaldo is the only player to have scored in every minute of an official football game.

* Cristiano Ronaldo is the only player to score for two different winning teams in the European Cup final.

* Cristiano Ronaldo is the only player to appear in more than one position in the UEFA Team of the Year.

* Cristiano Ronaldo has made the most appearances in the UEFA Team of the Year (10).

* Cristiano Ronaldo has won the European Golden Shoe more times than any other player (4).

* Cristiano Ronaldo is the top goalscorer in the entire history of Europe’s top six leagues (372).

* Cristiano Ronaldo is Portugal’s all-time top goalscorer (71) and top appearance maker (138).

* Cristiano Ronaldo is Real Madrid’s all-time top goalscorer (406).

* Cristiano Ronaldo has now scored 600 goals for club and country in 855 games.

* Cristiano Ronaldo is really good.

never/ever

Re: Ronaldo's extraordinary career stats

Postby never/ever » 05 Jun 2017, 09:30

Incredible indeed.
He is a massive fop but a lethal one. No denying that.
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 05 Jun 2017, 09:48

He's a freak - his desire/hunger to keep playing at the top level and smashing records shows no signs of abatement.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 05 Jun 2017, 11:16

No other way of putting it. It's quite amazing to think that he is the all-time top scorer at arguably the biggest club in the world, when he went to the club in pretty much the middle of his career and where you still had many people (including, if I remember right, Markus here) calling him overrated :D . And how he's been able to stay fit all these years I don't know - when (for all his diving) he is inevitably often given tough/special treatment, and his game is so based on physicality and speed which usually leads to hamstring pulls and the like.

It's hard to say what I feel about him - it's something akin to pride, even though he went to club that I hate and he is generally a very unlikeable character - but since I saw a lot of his early career I feel some sort of kinship to him.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 05 Jun 2017, 23:07

Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 06 Jun 2017, 11:29

The 6 successive seasons scoring 50 goals or more is the one that stands out for me. That's outrageous.

CR7 achievements aren't going to be bettered any time soon, even if he won't ever get near Pele's 3 World Cup Triumphs. In those terms he is the greatest, but I still think Messi is the better player on the pitch.

For a long time I think there has been a tendency to see CR7 as the outstanding individual at Real Madrid, whereas Messi is part of a coterie of world-class players at Barcelona. Yet, 3 Champion's League wins in 4 seasons brings into sharp relief the abilities of the likes of Pepe, Ramos (despite being world-class cunts), Marcelo, Modric and Bale as well.

I like to think of Ronaldo as the modern day Di Stefano, a player who never really shone at international level in the same intensity as Maradona or Pele, but whose achievements at a club level were far superior.

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 08 Jun 2017, 10:35

I wonder if Markus still thinks he's overrated?
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 12 Jun 2017, 11:25

Jeemo wrote:I wonder if Markus still thinks he's overrated?

Yeah, he doesn't pass enough - I remember that being his gripe (even though at the time in addition to being top scorer he was also topping Utd - and I think the league - in assists). :D
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 12 Jun 2017, 23:14

There's also another quite unique thing about him. He's the only truly great player who gives me little pleasure in watching him.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 13 Jun 2017, 03:20

The Modernist wrote:There's also another quite unique thing about him. He's the only truly great player who gives me little pleasure in watching him.

That's interesting, isn't it? I pretty much concur - I know it's brilliance I'm watching and that we may never see its likes again but..... I just can't warm to him. There's something ruthlessly efficient going on with him - total professional but not in any real way lovable. Even someone like Costa provides a certain pantomime archness - with Ronaldo it's calculated and not attractive.
Cocaine

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 13 Jun 2017, 14:52

Diamond Dog wrote:
The Modernist wrote:There's also another quite unique thing about him. He's the only truly great player who gives me little pleasure in watching him.

That's interesting, isn't it? I pretty much concur - I know it's brilliance I'm watching and that we may never see its likes again but..... I just can't warm to him. There's something ruthlessly efficient going on with him - total professional but not in any real way lovable. Even someone like Costa provides a certain pantomime archness - with Ronaldo it's calculated and not attractive.

That's precisely it. Objectively of course he's one of the greatest, quite possibly even the greatest. But it'll be interesting to see how he's remembered as myth and romance play a huge part in how we relate to football I think. In this way he seems the polar opposite of a George Best say. With Best the myth is more impressive than the reality ( which is that he only had about 3 or 4 peak years), Ronaldo seems the opposite. The reality is hugely impressive, but ultimately it can be reduced to a lot of cold stats, how many golden memories will he leave us with?

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 13 Jun 2017, 15:01

The managerial equivalent is Mourinho - we all know his record, we all know he may just be the greatest ever... but...by christ, I cannot think of a single thing his teams have done that make me love their football. And that's quite something considering the players he's managed.
Cocaine

Return to “Sporting Life”