Adieu, Pardew

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
Darkness_Fish

Adieu, Pardew

Postby Darkness_Fish » 22 Dec 2016, 16:38

Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

borofan

Re: Adieu, Pardew

Postby borofan » 22 Dec 2016, 16:53

Pardew? Mighty? :lol:
We're usually skipping around the function room in our long-johns by now...

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 22 Dec 2016, 17:17

borofan wrote:Pardew? Mighty? :lol:

I did think that - in which world was Alan Pardew ever mighty?

Another one trapped in the revolving door (Bruce, Hughes, Pulis etc etc) who just seem to go around, have the occasional bit of success, but end up leaving and just moving onto the next paycheck.

I actually think one day Pardew may be one of those implicated in something a bit more along the Allardyce/Redknapp lines.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 22 Dec 2016, 17:22

Diamond Dog wrote:
borofan wrote:Pardew? Mighty? :lol:

I did think that - in which world was Alan Pardew ever mighty?

Another one trapped in the revolving door (Bruce, Hughes, Pulis etc etc) who just seem to go around, have the occasional bit of success, but end up leaving and just moving onto the next paycheck.

The man was a king!

To be fair to Pulis, I think he's is a cut above the others mentioned there, his sides may play the most unappealing football ever seen (although Steve Bruce is a contender, I sat through 2 and a bit seasons of his shit), but he gets consistently acceptable results for a lower-half prem team.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 22 Dec 2016, 17:25

Yeah I'd take Pulis out, on reflection. There is at least some method there - as unpleasant as it unquestionably is.
Cocaine

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 22 Dec 2016, 17:28

Darkness_Fish wrote:
To be fair to Pulis, I think he's is a cut above the others mentioned there, his sides may play the most unappealing football ever seen (although Steve Bruce is a contender, I sat through 2 and a bit seasons of his shit), but he gets consistently acceptable results for a lower-half prem team.

Pardew will get a job sooner or later, don't worry about him, it's the likes of Bruce, Big Sam and Moyes that keep getting jobs that confuses me. If a manager jumps around clubs a lot or is constantly in battle relegations, there comes a time when pundits and the like say "He's doing a great job with limited resources" etc etc. If you're a decent manager you can get those average players to play together as a team. I reckon most of them have the gift of the gab and talk their way in to these jobs.

Unless you're gonna pay big money for a bit time manager, go down to the lower league for a manager t'fuck.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 22 Dec 2016, 17:28

And that is a great link :)
Cocaine

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 22 Dec 2016, 18:23

Don't know the guy, but sounds like the NFL's Jeff Fisher.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

The Red Heifer
Fucking Crackers

Postby The Red Heifer » 22 Dec 2016, 19:31

As someone on twitter said, he managed to get sacked by Palace 5 years into his 8 year contract at Newcastle :lol: :lol:

Fuck him. :lol:
Wadesmith wrote:Why is it that when there's a 'What do you think of this?' post, it's always absolute cobblers?

Spock!

Postby Spock! » 24 Dec 2016, 16:29

£5 million payment! Christmas kerching!!

Return to “Sporting Life”