Paedopbilia in football - more and more players now coming forwards

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry

Paedopbilia in football - more and more players now coming forwards

Postby ... » 24 Nov 2016, 07:04

Sadly inevitable - how many sports are apparently so free and easy about giving grown up males so much unsupervised time with pre-pubescent boys? - but this was always going to come out eventually.

Given most players' lack of tolerance for anything or anyone different (the sad story of the late Justin Fashanu and the tales of Graeme LaSaux being called gay for daring to read The Guardian!), one should probably be surprised it came out at all.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... hite#img-1

Not sure if this should be in the NDL Savile thread, so feel free to post there if it keeps the board less cluttered

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Re: Paedopbilia in football - more and more players now coming forwards

Postby Diamond Dog » 30 Nov 2016, 10:00

The FA pulled all funding from a Child Protection Project in 2003, three years early...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38145061
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 30 Nov 2016, 14:59

No surprise really. As in politics child protection isn't a major issue that will get tackled properly, no pressure groups that can rally a voting block. But plenty lip service paid to the "family unit"
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 30 Nov 2016, 17:43

My brother and I played in numerous youth leagues in various sports - baseball, football, boxing, swimming, soccer - all through high school and I never encountered one coach or assistant coach who came close to being called a pedophile. I also didn't experience any hazing in any high school sport apart from getting dunked underwater by a senior when I was a freshman. None of my friends either, which is close or over double digits.

I did have a friend who was rumored to have been fondled by our elementary school janitor, but that was only a rumor as far as I know. The kid moved.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 10 May 2017, 12:23

Any of youse watch the show last night on BBC about abuse in Scottish football. It was a tight watch at times. Liverpool got named as well because they hired some Scottish scout who had abused kids. Celtic and Rangers didn't come out the best in it. If this what it was like in Scotland, god knows what a report on England alone would bring out.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Return to “Sporting Life”