Champion's League 2017/18

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
trans-chigley express

Re: Champion's League 2017/18

Postby trans-chigley express » 28 May 2018, 01:46

Lord Rother wrote:Ex pros have said that yes he was holding him preventing him from getting away but you simply cannot control the outcome of that sort of tumble and there would have been a fair chance that he (Ramos) could have come off the injured party. The brain can’t work out the likeliest outcome in advance.

No one he saying he knew what the exact outcome would be but he had full control in bringing Salah down with him and landing on top. He could have easily let go of Salah's arm but chose not too. He saw a chance and took it. The fact that it worked out better than he could have imagined was beyond his control but he was certainly all smiles afterwards. Mission accomplished.

"Football sometimes teaches you sweet lessons, sometimes bitter ones...."
Last edited by trans-chigley express on 28 May 2018, 02:19, edited 1 time in total.

fange
100% fangetastic

Postby fange » 28 May 2018, 02:12

It was a crude and borderline thugish act, end of story. The "he couldn't have known what damage it would cause" excuse simply doesn't wash.
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

fange
100% fangetastic

Postby fange » 28 May 2018, 02:14

Karius will not want to keep seeing his "highlights", that's for sure...

Jonny Spencer wrote:

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 28 May 2018, 02:22

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Poor Karius. He's got to live with these jokes for the rest of his career. He must feel awful.

I do hope there are no arsehole fans out there that decide to take it out on him with personal attacks. That kind of thing has happened before.

fange
100% fangetastic

Postby fange » 28 May 2018, 04:31

I could watch that robot gif all day :lol:

The fallout from the final for him has been interesting -

Liverpool target new goalkeeper after Loris Karius’s final blunders -
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... -world-cup

• Jürgen Klopp keen on Roma’s Brazilian international Alisson
• Mohamed Salah ‘confident’ of being fit in time for World Cup

Loris Karius: Liverpool goalkeeper receives Simon Mignolet's backing after Champions League final howlers -
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 72206.html
Jonny Spencer wrote:

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 28 May 2018, 08:35

trans-chigley express wrote:
Lord Rother wrote:Ex pros have said that yes he was holding him preventing him from getting away but you simply cannot control the outcome of that sort of tumble and there would have been a fair chance that he (Ramos) could have come off the injured party. The brain can’t work out the likeliest outcome in advance.

No one he saying he knew what the exact outcome would be but he had full control in bringing Salah down with him and landing on top. He could have easily let go of Salah's arm but chose not too. He saw a chance and took it. The fact that it worked out better than he could have imagined was beyond his control but he was certainly all smiles afterwards. Mission accomplished.

Different times of course but as Liverpool fans criticise Ramos for accidentally injuring their star player it brings to mind the likes of Tommy Smith and Graeme Souness who left marks on opponents that were far from accidental.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 28 May 2018, 09:20

trans-chigley express wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

Poor Karius. He's got to live with these jokes for the rest of his career. He must feel awful.

I do hope there are no arsehole fans out there that decide to take it out on him with personal attacks. That kind of thing has happened before.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44275380

Well ain't that a surprise.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

fange
100% fangetastic

Postby fange » 28 May 2018, 10:37

Fucking sad.
Jonny Spencer wrote:

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 28 May 2018, 13:19

Anyway it's just got real...

Mark Moraghan (ex Brookside actor) has just tweeted :

His Twitter feed is well worth a look at present. Some prime responses. :lol:
Cocaine

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 28 May 2018, 13:20

"Cristiano, yeah, it's Sergio here. Listen, we need to hand the Cup back. Greg Shadwick from Brookie has said he's gonna fill me in...."

:lol:
Cocaine

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 28 May 2018, 13:40

"he says he's gonna rip off your head and shit down your neck!"
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 28 May 2018, 14:43

Lord Rother wrote:
trans-chigley express wrote:

Different times of course but as Liverpool fans criticise Ramos for accidentally injuring their star player it brings to mind the likes of Tommy Smith and Graeme Souness who left marks on opponents that were far from accidental.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 28 May 2018, 14:58

To be fair, he was playing for Rangers there.

It's the old joke, isn't it? "Late? I got there as soon as I could...".
Cocaine

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 28 May 2018, 15:12

YNWA never sadly sounded more hollow.

The viral video of Klopp singing after the match was fun though - just finished Honigsteins bio of him which confirms that he won't dwell on things too much.

Liverpool massively overachieved in the CL this season especially when you consider the amount of money that City and PSG have spent too. They will get better too - they missed Ox-Ch and I think they need another forward who can offer something different from the bench. Defensively I think they're quite strong apart from the obvious need of a quality goalkeeper.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 28 May 2018, 16:05

They've had a brilliant season. As long as Klopp can spend wisely and hold on to the players he has, they are very well positioned to do even better next season.
Cocaine

jimboo

Postby jimboo » 28 May 2018, 22:59

Diamond Dog wrote:They've had a brilliant season. As long as Klopp can spend wisely and hold on to the players he has, they are very well positioned to do even better next season.

Maybe , but of course others will strengthen too and if Salah doesn't have the same season then.....
If I jerk- the handle jerk- the handle you'll thrill me and thrill me

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 29 May 2018, 05:19

jimboo wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:They've had a brilliant season. As long as Klopp can spend wisely and hold on to the players he has, they are very well positioned to do even better next season.

Maybe , but of course others will strengthen too and if Salah doesn't have the same season then.....

and if they can keep him. Liverpool are not a team that can keep their star players for long which makes it difficult to maintain any kind of consistent form and momentum.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 29 May 2018, 07:55

I'm not sure why Liverpool shouldn't keep their top players now - besides the attraction of Real/Barca, I fail to see why any player would want to leave Liverpool. PSG? Bayern? Juventus? Man Utd? Man City? Chelsea? Spurs? I see nothing there that makes them more attractive than Liverpool.

Unless it's wages, of course. In which case, they're really not committed to the club full stop - whether the other clubs come calling or not.
Cocaine

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 29 May 2018, 13:29

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng ... -heartache.
Panels 2, 5 and 7 particularly fine
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 29 May 2018, 14:29

Liverpool are elevating themselves into the same echelon as Man United, Chelsea and City in terms of the calibre of players they can attract. Perhaps not quite on the Real/Barca/Bayern level, but all the same, different to two seasons ago. City are obviously ahead because they have the wages and the coach, but at the same time their squad is already big.

Klopp is obviously the main attraction because he has a consistent record of improving players whereas Mourinho for example really isn't the same attraction as he once was. They play attractive football and other players will have seen the "Anfield" effect this season in particular. They have a good XI but need a squad to compete for the league. Fabinho, Fekir, Keita look like considerable upgrade options already. They need an Oblak in goal though I reckon or at least the same quality.

Return to “Sporting Life”