Premiership 2017/18

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Re: Premiership 2017/18

Postby The Modernist » 02 Apr 2018, 08:17

Diamond Dog wrote:
I think WBA and Stoke are gone. The other slot is between Southampton & Huddersfield- I hope it's Southampton that fall.

I'd like to see Huddersfield escape, but sadly I think they'll get relegated alongside Southampton and WBA.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 02 Apr 2018, 09:46

I just don't see Stoke rallying around Lambert - they battled well enough yesterday but there's discipline issues there which aren't being addressed. And when your star player tells the press that the rest of the team aren't good enough (and still gets picked), another experienced player gets caught night clubbing, gets dropped (but then gets reinstated due to injuries) then there isn't going to be any discipline.

I think Palace will definitely stay up. I just hope Huddersfield can squeeze enough points to stay up.
Mason Cooley wrote:Worried about being a dull fellow? You might develop your talent for being irritating.

gash on ignore, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.
Display this post.

Pansy Puff

Postby Pansy Puff » 02 Apr 2018, 09:49

As much as I have a soft spot for Hughes as a former manager of City, I would love to see Stoke and Southampton go down. Premier league managers on the merry go round need to be shaken up.
“He’s got the memory of an elephant ... and the trophy cabinet of one too.”

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 02 Apr 2018, 10:51

K wrote:As much as I have a soft spot for Hughes

Words rarely heard on a football forum.
Mason Cooley wrote:Worried about being a dull fellow? You might develop your talent for being irritating.

Display this post.

PENK
Midnight to Six Man

Postby PENK » 02 Apr 2018, 15:41

K wrote:As much as I have a soft spot for Hughes as a former manager of City, I would love to see Stoke and Southampton go down. Premier league managers on the merry go round need to be shaken up.

I wonder if Pardew’s time is up now that West Brom have got shot of him.
Copehead wrote:I have met Gruff Rhys - although he claimed he wasn't and that he couldn't speak Welsh, as I spoke to him in Welsh, but it was him lying bastard.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 02 Apr 2018, 16:02

PENK wrote:
K wrote:As much as I have a soft spot for Hughes as a former manager of City, I would love to see Stoke and Southampton go down. Premier league managers on the merry go round need to be shaken up.

He has two wins from his last 29 EPL games (W2, D7, L 20). Which should make him unemployable but... he'll resurface (after the customary bit of TV punditry) somewhere next season.

His time was up from the moment he played Barry, Livermore & Evans the game after the Barcelona taxi incident. If you can get away with that, how can anyone take discipline seriously?

Display this post.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 02 Apr 2018, 18:12

PENK wrote:

Just seen John Carver, easily the most incompetent premiership manager of all time, was there as assistant coach. No wonder they were shit! :lol:

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 02 Apr 2018, 19:37

I can't see Pardew getting another Premier League job.

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 02 Apr 2018, 20:06

Agreed, no chance. Mid / lower Championship next for him, in about October this year.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 02 Apr 2018, 20:29

Toby wrote:I can't see Pardew getting another Premier League job.

Unlikely I'd agree.

But i'm sure you would have said the same about Paul Lambert - and, hey, look what happened there.

I think he'll go to the Championship. If he gets success then.... some desperate team in the EPL will forget all the bad stuff.

Display this post.

Neil Jung
Watcher Of The Skies

Postby Neil Jung » 07 Apr 2018, 20:52

Pardew sacked? I’m missing all the fun.

Palace need to stop conceding goals in the last 10 minutes. If matches lasted 80 minutes we’d be top 5.
It was raining when we drove up the two-lane highway through the long tunnel of trees that led into the black district on the south end of St. Martinville.

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 08 Apr 2018, 20:12

Vital point for us against Chelsea. We were poor and still got a result.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 08 Apr 2018, 20:35

Fine finish from Hernandez.

Chelsea are gone... as I have said, it really wouldn't be a surprise if Arsenal catch them for fifth.

Display this post.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 14 Apr 2018, 17:47

Well the bottom three look to be in desperate trouble now - losing a two goal advantage at home to a team who have lost 6 of their last 8, doesn't bode well for Southampton. Hopefully.

However.... have you seen Brighton's last five games.... Burnley, Spurs, Man City, Man Utd and Liverpool. Gulp.

Display this post.

Pansy Puff

Postby Pansy Puff » 14 Apr 2018, 21:49

Some horrible, nasty players in that Spurs side, glad we beat them and were awarded a mistaken penalty too which just about makes up for the three vicious fouls we've had from them this season. Two at the Etihad and then Davies again today. Boy, Trippier can moan.

As for City: we were the better side, de Bruyne played an incredible pass in the second half, Silva us magic, we did miss Fernandinho and Sterling still does my head in, but he's in the right place often enough.

Pansy Puff

Postby Pansy Puff » 15 Apr 2018, 00:03

K wrote: three vicious fouls we've had from them this season. Two at the Etihad and then Davies again today.

Actually, maybe 4 if we include Loris' studs up on Sterling.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 15 Apr 2018, 06:11

K wrote:
K wrote: three vicious fouls we've had from them this season. Two at the Etihad and then Davies again today.

Actually, maybe 4 if we include Loris' studs up on Sterling.

The ref/linesman got that as wrong as they could have. It absolutely was not a penalty - contact was clearly outside the area- but Lloris should have been sent off for a horrible, reckless and dangerous challenge.

Man City were much the better team. They have been all season and will fully deserve their title.
I think Spurs will probably finish fourth, and that's probably just about what they deserve too.

Display this post.

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 15 Apr 2018, 11:20

Can’t be arsed to start a new thread that will sink without a trace so as I suspect the same people interested in football probably watch the Commonwealth Games.....

Wow, the netball!

Absolutely feckin’ brilliant!

Got to admit I was dabbing my eyes after that.

(Basketball is and always has been total shite, netball however, most definitely is not.)

But what about the Scottish Marathon runner, Calum Hawkins?

He was about 3 minutes in front, for some reason still pushing himself so hard in the punishing heat then suddenly with about a mile to go his body ran out of fuel, and in the space of a minute when the camera was just on him you could see him waver slightly, waver more, then stagger and collapse, get up, start off again, stagger again and collapse.

He was completely delirious, and for 2 minutes the cameras still focused on him and there was no medical attention anywhere to be seen, just spectators watching him, taking pictures as he was in a heap at the roadside, barely moving.

Dramatic stuff but really hard to watch and very concerning re the lack of care available to him when he was in a very bad way.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 15 Apr 2018, 12:09

Lord Rother wrote:Can’t be arsed to start a new thread that will sink without a trace so as I suspect the same people interested in football probably watch the Commonwealth Games.....

You fucking well suspect wrong!

Display this post.

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 15 Apr 2018, 12:10

Alexander-Arnold with ball of the season for Salah's goal. He looks like an absolutely terrific player already and he's only 19.

Klopp looks like he's improved every single player in that first XI this season.