Premiership 2017/18

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: Premiership 2016/17

Postby Lord Rother » 05 Mar 2017, 19:54

Re this retrospective punishment thing - I don't think Mings should be banned.

He actually wasn't looking at Zlatan when he made contact so there is no real evidence that his stamp was deliberate. I don't think anyone but a psycho would look, see approximately where the head was then look away and see what damage he inflicted later. And actually there's nothing to suggest Mings IS a psycho.

He should be let off.

Ibra's elbow most certainly was deliberate so he definitely should be banned.

Of course this is Bournemouth and Man Utd we are talking about here so the actual verdicts are entirely likely to be the other way around.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 06 Mar 2017, 12:24

We beat arsenal, but it's a bittersweet win.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 06 Mar 2017, 15:03

When I saw that Wenger had left Sanchez out against Liverpool, I just laughed. Sorry Wenger has run his course. What was he doing - saving him in anticipation of a 4-0 victory over Bayern?
Last edited by Diamond Dog on 06 Mar 2017, 15:24, edited 1 time in total.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 06 Mar 2017, 15:05

Lord Rother wrote:Re this retrospective punishment thing - I don't think Mings should be banned.

He actually wasn't looking at Zlatan when he made contact so there is no real evidence that his stamp was deliberate. I don't think anyone but a psycho would look, see approximately where the head was then look away and see what damage he inflicted later. And actually there's nothing to suggest Mings IS a psycho.

He should be let off.

Of course this is Bournemouth and Man Utd we are talking about here so the actual verdicts are entirely likely to be the other way around.

Agree with all of the above.

But the FA have just announced that both have been charged. Apparently, I'm guessing, because none of the officials saw either incident.

Which begs the question what the fuck were they doing all afternoon?
Cocaine

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 07 Mar 2017, 13:42

Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 07 Mar 2017, 14:13

If Liverpool can put a run together I think they'll sneak fourth. Man Utd and Arsenal have harder run ins
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

borofan

Postby borofan » 07 Mar 2017, 18:38

Lord Rother wrote:Re this retrospective punishment thing - I don't think Mings should be banned.

He should be let off.

Zlatan accepts 3 match ban...
We're usually skipping around the function room in our long-johns by now...

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 07 Mar 2017, 20:29

Bournemouth appealing Mings...

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 08 Mar 2017, 16:47

borofan wrote:

He should be let off.

Zlatan accepts 3 match ban...

And 5 matches for Mings............... :lol:
Cocaine

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 08 Mar 2017, 18:02

And there we have it.

They have brought his name into disrepute over nothing more than guesswork. To say it is "proven" is scandalous.

No red cards and 13 yellows in 75 match pro career - hurting people is not his game.

And FFS he went to Millfield!

borofan

Postby borofan » 09 Mar 2017, 18:27

Lord Rother wrote:And there we have it.

They have brought his name into disrepute over nothing more than guesswork. To say it is "proven" is scandalous.

No red cards and 13 yellows in 75 match pro career - hurting people is not his game.

And FFS he went to Millfield!

Looked deliberate to me.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 09 Mar 2017, 18:32

He may have meant it. I don;t know and, from what I can see, no one else can know besides Mings himself.

To give him a five match ban for something he may have meant and only three for what Zlatan did - and very clearly intended to do- is absolutely fucking outrageous.
Cocaine

borofan

Postby borofan » 10 Mar 2017, 17:54

Diamond Dog wrote:He may have meant it. I don;t know and, from what I can see, no one else can know besides Mings himself.

To give him a five match ban for something he may have meant and only three for what Zlatan did - and very clearly intended to do- is absolutely fucking outrageous.

Simply because Zlatan elected not to contest the charge. Mings would almost certainly only have got 3 games if he'd done the same thing.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 11 Mar 2017, 06:19

borofan wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:He may have meant it. I don;t know and, from what I can see, no one else can know besides Mings himself.

Simply because Zlatan elected not to contest the charge. Mings would almost certainly only have got 3 games if he'd done the same thing.

I'm guessing you would feel confident of proving that Mings meant it?
Cocaine

borofan

Postby borofan » 11 Mar 2017, 19:26

Diamond Dog wrote:
borofan wrote:

I'm guessing you would feel confident of proving that Mings meant it?

Where did I say that? Just going on previous precedent on how the 'minds' at the FA work. Your guessing is as lousy as my lot's goalscoring.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 05 Apr 2017, 20:45

Cocaine

northernsky

Postby northernsky » 10 Apr 2017, 14:46

Apropos of not much.
Did a double take with this story about Granada's newly appointed manager....

Thought it was a mask at first. Never mind the entirely genuine-looking hair (somewhat unfortunately lit), he looks like he's still of playing age.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 13 Apr 2017, 14:13

Did anyone actually know that he was over there in the first place?

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 13 Apr 2017, 14:21

Berlusconi sold AC Milan to Chinese investors. Not really worth a thread of it own, but news enough worthy.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 13 Apr 2017, 16:50

The Great Defector wrote:Did anyone actually know that he was over there in the first place?

Yep. I like to keep track of former Gooners
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

Return to “Sporting Life”