Tennis 2017

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
never/ever

Re: Tennis 2016

Postby never/ever » 27 Jan 2017, 13:41

If I see a better match this year than the one I'm watching now between Nadal and Dimitrov here down under, it'll be a miracle.
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

never/ever

Re: Tennis 2017

Postby never/ever » 27 Jan 2017, 14:03

Bizarre. Two matches that you would like to see as an exhibition match these days have appeard as fair dinkum finals in a Grand Slam.
Rafa at 30 is the youngest player in the final. Not that that in itself is a miracle but with Roger and Serena at 35 and Venus at 36, to see bim as the whippersnapper of the club makes for a pretty unique happening. Not that age mattered tonight. What a slobberknocker of a match between Nadal and Dimitrov.

fange
100% fangetastic

Postby fange » 27 Jan 2017, 15:42

Fuck, that was a hell of a match. Dimitrov was so close to taking it I felt, but Nadal simply stayed cooler and kept his game tighter for that little bit longer.

The momentum swings throughtout were absolutely fascinating; there were a lot of small mistakes from both guys, but that's what made it so enthralling as a contest, not to metion some of the best rallies you'd ever hope to say.

An absolute pleasure to watch. Not gonna be easy for Nadal now though, having to get himself up for a Sunday match after such a punishing contest. Hopefully the final is just as good.
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

fange
100% fangetastic

Postby fange » 30 Jan 2017, 09:36

Well, what an extraordinary final too. I am so happy to see the Fed win another Slam, and even more so that he did it in Aus. That last set was one for the ages. Rafa is truly one of the greats, and he made Roger earn that win, that's for sure.
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 31 Jan 2017, 09:20

I always thought McEnroe was the greatest natural tennis talent - but Federer really is an an extraordinary player. A grand slam at 36 (I think?).... that's truly amazing.

And Serena is the same in the womens game - unreal.
Last edited by Diamond Dog on 01 Feb 2017, 11:10, edited 1 time in total.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 01 Feb 2017, 11:10

Roger was just extraordinary. That backhand is a thing of beauty and what amazed me even. Ore was his continued athleticism. You know Rafa will chase anything down but Roger looked like a teen again with some of the shots he made. And all that was a supposed adductor injury too.
Serena- same thing! Still piling on the unforced errors but looked always in control. No doubt she's gonna break Margaret Court's Grand-Slam winning record.

Interesting coming out of this was Djokovic exit and subsequent criticism from his previous trainer that he was phoning it in at training.

Return to “Sporting Life”