The BCB runners and walkers corner

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
trans-chigley express

Re: The BCB runners and walkers corner

Postby trans-chigley express » 21 Oct 2017, 01:30

Last weekend's 43km Moontrekker successfully completed in 9hr 9mins, just 9mins outside my target time. Not bad but room for improvement for sure.
1500 competitors in total doing one of two courses, 43km and 30km, both with the aim of finishing before dawn at around 6am. I was among the 300 fastest to get up the steep Lantau Peak section so was awarded a little prize for that.
A full schedule of of training this weekend and next weekend as Oxfam Trailwalker looms ever nearer.
Possible not an entirely accurate representation of my experience :D

fange

Postby fange » 22 Oct 2017, 09:06

^^ :lol: , fantastic Ray!
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 25 Oct 2017, 12:36

It really is! Well done Ray.
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 25 Oct 2017, 15:11

awesome trans!

Did another little section of the appalachian trail, fall is settling in. This section included two little unusual puddingstone conglomerate rock outcrops. it was a fun little hike still need to go back and do another section of Puddingstones.

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 26 Oct 2017, 02:13

Looks like the colours of Fall are kicking in on the Appalachian trail. Looks lovely, I bet very soon it will be gorgeous hues of orange and brown

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 30 Oct 2017, 04:30

I did 80km on Saturday, the last 20 were unscheduled. After completing 60km for Trailwalker training (all the toughest sections of that route) a friend of mine competing in a 70km Lantau race elsewhere in Hong Kong, messaged me that she was struggling and wanted to quit at the last check point so got over there quickly with ice cold beverages and food then persuaded her to keep going if I stayed with her. She completed it and I got some extra training in haha. 2 nights with no sleep though. Resting now for a few days at least and no more long distance training to avoid injuries so next long distance will be the actual event. Getting nervous.

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 05 Dec 2017, 11:17

A bit late in posting this here but here we are on the finishing podium after completing the 100km Oxfam Trailwalker with our finishing time of 27hr 40min, a couple of hours outside our target but no worries as we all finished it injury free and still good friends. Not all teams are still talking to each other after 30hrs of endurance mountain hiking together believe me :lol:

fange

Postby fange » 06 Dec 2017, 03:24

Excellent! :)
Jonny Spencer wrote:

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 21 Jan 2018, 03:06

I was involved with a charity run this weekend in aid of Gurkhas which was a lot of fun. I wasn't competing but was sweeping the course so had to stay behind the last runner in the field picking up ribbons and signs and keeping an eye on the slower runners. One of the World's best female trail runners was involved, the very lovely Mira Rai from Nepal. I'd spent last Sunday with her too at another event. She's in HK training for a big 100km race next weekend. Naturally she came first but this is little more than a training exercise for next week's race.

fange

Postby fange » 21 Jan 2018, 03:11

That's cool!
Jonny Spencer wrote:

fange

Postby fange » 01 Mar 2018, 03:01

I'm a bit glum at the moment, as i'm experiencing some soreness and tightness around the foot and ankles, that's making it hard to regularly run or play sports. I'm not sure why - i've been laying off the running a bit in Jan. and Feb., for various reasons like being sick and traveling quite a bit, so i don't think it's over-working. I could be wrong though, i'm not a bloody doctor. Maybe it's the weather for all i know. :(
Jonny Spencer wrote:

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 02 Mar 2018, 04:21

Have you considered seeing a Physio, Ange? 6 weeks of physio treatment in January last year cured my niggling tendon problems in my left leg. I haven't had a problem since despite some periods of intense training. If resting for a few weeks doesn't solve the problem it could be a more serious issue than just muscle strain. Perhaps you're just getting old ;)

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 02 Mar 2018, 04:32

I've been taking a break from racing and fast paced hikes and gone back to good old technical hiking with lots of bushwhacking and very steep, rocky ascents (Dog's Tooth Ridge, North face of Sharp Peak and south face of Kowloon Peak for those that know these unofficial off-limit routes). It's been great fun with some fabulous scenery. I should post a few pics when I get chance.

Weighing up my options for future races later in the year with Lantau 70km, Moontrekker (30 or 43km, not sure which yet), and 100km Oxfam Trailwalker all possibilities. I missed out on the registration for Trans-Lantau this coming weekend but will go to support a friend doing the 100km. I wanted to do the 50km but it fills up so quickly I didn't get a spot.

fange

Postby fange » 02 Mar 2018, 05:04

trans-chigley express wrote:Have you considered seeing a Physio, Ange? 6 weeks of physio treatment in January last year cured my niggling tendon problems in my left leg. I haven't had a problem since despite some periods of intense training. If resting for a few weeks doesn't solve the problem it could be a more serious issue than just muscle strain. Perhaps you're just getting old ;)

:(

Yeah, i may have to go get some physio or massage if it doesn't pass in a few weeks.
Jonny Spencer wrote:

fange

Postby fange » 18 Mar 2018, 02:48

Well, the ankle is very slowly getting better, but there's still a bit of soreness when i point my left toes, so i'm gonna wait a few more days, maybe a week, before i go running again. It's killing me coz i've put on bloody 2kgs just in the last 2 weeks, despite doing some swimming and a little walking in the meantime. Fuck. :(
Jonny Spencer wrote:

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 15 Apr 2018, 03:39

Finally a nice spring day! Greenwood Lake Part of the Appalachian Trail, NY State over numerous Puddingstone rock outcrops. Also did my hiking kindness as two NYC hikers were thinking it was a loop trail and was now over 4 miles from their car and it was after 4. Funny as they only ran into me because I tried to make it a loop trail but ran into a rhododendron field. Anyway we were only a little over a mile from my car. Gave them a ride back to their car. 8.2 miles

fange

Postby fange » Today, 02:06

Hey, that looks lovely!

Am slowly starting to run again. My ankles are sill very ginger, but it's good to getting into it again.
Jonny Spencer wrote: