FA told Graham Taylor not to pick too many black players for England

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
C
Robust

Re: FA told Graham Taylor not to pick too many black players for England

Postby C » 23 May 2015, 09:59

Mrs Scum: 'I don't like darkies'
Michael Miles: 'Ha ha ha. Who does?'

Lord Rother wrote:And there was me thinking you'd say "Fair enough, you have a point Bob".

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 05 Jun 2015, 16:32

Anyhow, I fancy continuing this particular thread, as Skope has a week or two to think of reasons why non white managers are statistically six times less likely (when adjusted as a % of overall candidates) to become a top flight manager in the EPL, than their white counterparts.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

'skope
BCB poster of the year 2014

Postby 'skope » 05 Jun 2015, 18:44

Diamond Dog wrote:Anyhow, I fancy continuing this particular thread, as Skope has a week or two to think of reasons why non white managers are statistically six times less likely (when adjusted as a % of overall candidates) to become a top flight manager in the EPL, than their white counterparts.

pete, i'm not sure what you're getting at, but i absolutely refuse to believe that the lack of black managers in the english game has anything to do with racism in this day and age. however, i'd be a fool not to see that managers in the professional game are predominantly white, by some margin.

do you have statistics on the percentage of white/black men who take and complete their coaching badges?

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 05 Jun 2015, 18:47

No but I'm sure it's available. Still, I'm not sure what difference that would make - the same criteria applies. Either you're suggesting the black guys are too lazy and/or stupid to qualify as coaches/progress to management. Well, unless you can provide an alternative reason why?
Cocaine

'skope

Postby 'skope » 05 Jun 2015, 19:02

Diamond Dog wrote:Either you're suggesting the black guys are too lazy and/or stupid to qualify as coaches/progress to management.

jeez :roll:

come back to this thread when you've got something constructive to say, pete.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 05 Jun 2015, 19:11

'skope wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:Either you're suggesting the black guys are too lazy and/or stupid to qualify as coaches/progress to management.

Well what are you suggesting then - you know, how do you explain the huge discrepancy in numbers?

Instead of fumbling around looking for an argument to endorse your prejudice, prove you don't have one... by answering the question...I've stated quite clearly why I think proportionally non white managers are disadvantaged when progressing to managing....because I can see no other reason, besides endemic racism. Let's hear your reasons - and then we can debate the two viewpoints.
Cocaine

'skope

Postby 'skope » 05 Jun 2015, 19:20

Diamond Dog wrote:
'skope wrote:

Well what are you suggesting then - you know, how do you explain the huge discrepancy in numbers?

Instead of fumbling around looking for an argument to endorse your prejudice, prove you don't have one... by answering the question...I've stated quite clearly why I think proportionally non white managers are disadvantaged when progressing to managing....because I can see no other reason, besides endemic racism. Let's hear your reasons - and then we can debate the two viewpoints.

pete, i really don't know why it is that more black managers are not in the game, but i will not swallow the racism argument.

rio at west ham, king at spurs, henry at arsenal, makalele at chelsea. i'm sure that if any of them had the desire and skills to manage, they would be welcomed with open arms by both the fans and the owners to step up to the plate.

your view is too simplistic, really it is. i expected something better and more thought-out from you. instead you are just taking the easy option.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 05 Jun 2015, 19:31

Far from it. I followed this closely in American Football, back when there wasn't a black head coach in the NFL. And those that said it was 'just a coincidence' used similar arguments - why didn't black guys get to be Quarterbacks (the position most likely to be associated with advancement to Head Coach at the time)? The same lazy arguments you are (surreptitiously) forwarding - re non whites % of coaching credentials. Exactly the same prejudiced views, with exactly similar results. Until they introduced The Rooney rule - whereby each head coaching/ co-ordinator position had to have at least one minority candidate interviewed.

Have a guess what - the level of minority coaches shot up, almost instantaneously. Why do you think that was? Because the non whites saw at least a semblance of a level playing field, and took the opportunity - instead of being debarred as a matter of course.

Now, over to you. We're all still waiting for your view - as opposed to calling mine simplistic when, in fact, it was based very clearly on evidence.
Cocaine

'skope

Postby 'skope » 05 Jun 2015, 19:35

Diamond Dog wrote:in fact, it was based very clearly on evidence.

pete, i am not going to argue with the evidence. clearly there aren't as many black managers as there should be in the professional game. that is beyond dispute.

all i'm saying is that i don't believe that it has got anything to do with racism.

'skope

Postby 'skope » 05 Jun 2015, 19:53

K wrote:Then the only possible explanation is that black people are less competent than white people.

is it now! you thick cunt.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 05 Jun 2015, 20:10

K wrote:Then the only possible explanation is that black people are less competent than white people.

Actually the more likely explanation is that ’skope and pete have a different concept of what constitutes endemic and /or institutional racism.
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 05 Jun 2015, 21:09

K wrote:
Rayge wrote:

Actually the more likely explanation is that ’skope and pete have a different concept of what constitutes endemic and /or institutional racism.

I imagine that skope uses that argument to excuse his racism.

He's no more a racist than a carnivore.
It seems to me that he's thinking (mistakingly) that Pete's saying that there is a general hostility toward black people in football and that racists at the club or in the support are keeping the numbers of black managers down, while I think Pete's point is that there is a cultural structure of racism (overt 50 years and less ago, largely disavowed now on a personal level, but lingering in the structures and traditions of the game) that inhibits black players from attempting to pursue a career in management and those in a position to appoint managers from taking on or considering black candidates. In that reading, they're both right.
Can I have a lollipop?
:D

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 05 Jun 2015, 21:11

Rayge wrote:

Well even if that was true - and it isn't- it doesn't get away from the fact that I have stated my opinion on the lack of non white coaches, been told by the guy who self professes he has no idea why it is but my view is too simplistic, produced evidence to back up my viewpoint and asked him to provide his thoughts on why it is (again)....let alone provide some evidence to substantiate it.....all to no avail. Only to be told by said guy that, again, my view is wrong because he "doesn't believe that it has got anything to do with racism".

So what the fuck is it about then? Maybe you or him could give us all an idea of why there are six times more white managers per head of candidates in the EPL, than non white coaches? If it's so bloody obvious, tell us all. Enlighten us.
Cocaine

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 05 Jun 2015, 21:15

Diamond Dog wrote:So what the fuck is it about then? Maybe you or him could give us all an idea of why there are six times more white managers per head of candidates in the EPL, than non white coaches? If it's so bloody obvious, tell us all. Enlighten us.

My post after that points out that I think you're right but Adam has got the wrong end of the stick

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 05 Jun 2015, 21:17

Rayge wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:So what the fuck is it about then? Maybe you or him could give us all an idea of why there are six times more white managers per head of candidates in the EPL, than non white coaches? If it's so bloody obvious, tell us all. Enlighten us.

My post after that points out that I think you're right but Adam has got the wrong end of the stick

It was posted the same time as mine.

Actually I don't agree with your post - there is a systematic ethnic bias in place in English football, which is both overt and covert.
Cocaine

'skope

Postby 'skope » 06 Jun 2015, 13:52

Diamond Dog wrote:
Rayge wrote:

It was posted the same time as mine.

Actually I don't agree with your post - there is a systematic ethnic bias in place in English football, which is both overt and covert.

when are you next on holiday, pete?

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 06 Jun 2015, 14:14

September.

How's your perennial holiday in Spain going, Little Englander?
Cocaine

'skope

Postby 'skope » 06 Jun 2015, 14:29

Diamond Dog wrote:September.

it can't come sooner, it really can't.

Diamond Dog wrote:How's your perennial holiday in Spain going, Little Englander?

perpetual.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 06 Jun 2015, 16:11

Anytime you feel like explaining your prejudices, feel free :

Diamond Dog wrote:Well even if that was true - and it isn't- it doesn't get away from the fact that I have stated my opinion on the lack of non white coaches, been told by the guy who self professes he has no idea why it is but my view is too simplistic, produced evidence to back up my viewpoint and asked him to provide his thoughts on why it is (again)....let alone provide some evidence to substantiate it.....all to no avail. Only to be told by said guy that, again, my view is wrong because he "doesn't believe that it has got anything to do with racism".

So what the fuck is it about then? Maybe you or him could give us all an idea of why there are six times more white managers per head of candidates in the EPL, than non white coaches? If it's so bloody obvious, tell us all. Enlighten us.

You've had over three pages now.....
Cocaine

'skope

Postby 'skope » 06 Jun 2015, 16:16

you are pathetic, pete. perhaps you'll get more response if you tag it to jimbo's conspiracies thread?

Return to “Sporting Life”