England Cricket Team Thread

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
never/ever

Re: England Cricket Team Thread

Postby never/ever » 25 Mar 2018, 02:26

mentalist (slight return) wrote:The worst thing they'll have to deal with is the long term damage to their reputations in Australia. I'm not sure Bancroft was thrown under the bus. He conspired as well, it seems. Smith has also admitted guilt. Bancroft is an adult with his own sense of morality and didn't have to agree to any of this.

Peer pressure surely? A young player whose position has been under review lately surely would go the extra length to keep his spot.
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

fange
100% fangetastic

Postby fange » 25 Mar 2018, 07:21

Holy crap, what a stupid, unbelievable thing to try.

Honestly, does not a single one of them have a working brain cell in their heads? Have they not seen how many cameras watch every single part of the field in modern cricket? They will not be remembered as cheats, but moronic cheats for decades to come.
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

fange
100% fangetastic

Postby fange » 25 Mar 2018, 07:24

never/ever wrote:
mentalist (slight return) wrote:The worst thing they'll have to deal with is the long term damage to their reputations in Australia. I'm not sure Bancroft was thrown under the bus. He conspired as well, it seems. Smith has also admitted guilt. Bancroft is an adult with his own sense of morality and didn't have to agree to any of this.

Peer pressure surely? A young player whose position has been under review lately surely would go the extra length to keep his spot.

The words "Guys, this is a stupid fucking idea that will get noticed within seconds." should have been the first sentence out of his mouth, if in fact it wasn't partly his idea and they approached him.
He will have to wear equal blame for this now, no other way.
Jonny Spencer wrote:

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 25 Mar 2018, 09:31

Sky just showed a graph illustrating the amount of swing achieved during the course of the day, and it shows that IMMEDIATELY after the offence took place the swing increased markedly, and stayed that way for the next 15 overs or so. It is a mystery as to why the umpires did not change the ball as soon as the cheating was reported.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 25 Mar 2018, 09:39

I just saw the sports reporter from Channel 9 delivering a spray to Steve Smith live in the 6 o'clock news- never seen anything like it. Even though it is a Murdoch-owned channel, they are the main sponsors of the Australian cricket-team and in the past were the ones broadcasting their Tests and never before have I seen any of their journalists (using the term quite loosely) get this upset about something.

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 25 Mar 2018, 10:03

“Delivering a spray”?

Never heard that expression before!

What was said?

WG Kaspar

Postby WG Kaspar » 25 Mar 2018, 10:10

never/ever wrote:I just saw the sports reporter from Channel 9 delivering a spray to Steve Smith live in the 6 o'clock news- never seen anything like it. Even though it is a Murdoch-owned channel, they are the main sponsors of the Australian cricket-team and in the past were the ones broadcasting their Tests and never before have I seen any of their journalists (using the term quite loosely) get this upset about something.

Well a lot of the commentators captained Australia in the past so I can understand it. In fact Ian Chapell has been very critical of the way Australia conducted themselves throughout the tour especially about having plans to incite Rabada in order to get him suspended.
As for the incident itself it is quite extraordinary that Smith admitted not to cheating, because that happens with every team, but planning to cheat along with the 'leadership' team, and then not immediately resigning, but trying to brush it off as a one-off mistake. Surely he must have known that someone from the top would not look at it very kindly. And it's not the first time he's come out in press conference to admit to cheating, he did it last year in India as well and Kohli was not amused at all.
I run out of talent

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 25 Mar 2018, 10:12

Lord Rother wrote:“Delivering a spray”?

Never heard that expression before!

What was said?

:lol:
My apologies, I really have become Australian at times.

It's a rant. Cameron Williams, who does the sports report blew up deluxe, going on about the "disgraceful decision made by the Australian captain and needed to stand down immediately..."
Only took about 25 seconds but considering it was not an interview but an unprovoked comment from a journalist, it was quite remarkable.

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 25 Mar 2018, 10:40

Smith and vice-captain Warner have been stood down for the remainder of this match. They have still taken the field with Tim Paine as captain.

Tim Paine, a man who has played eleven test matches. I am sure he is making all his own decisions and Smith and Warner are not having any input...
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

WG Kaspar

Postby WG Kaspar » 25 Mar 2018, 10:41

Smith sacked as captain of Rajastan Royals as well.
I run out of talent

mentalist (slight return)
under mi sensi

Postby mentalist (slight return) » 25 Mar 2018, 10:48

the NT News:)

Rubbish Man A Council Chance is pretty good too

king of the divan

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 25 Mar 2018, 11:21

Surprised that Mitch Marsh, the captain of Western Australia didn't get the nod there.

fange
100% fangetastic

Postby fange » 25 Mar 2018, 11:24

^^ :D

Great pic to go with it too. It's like a sub-editor's dream.
Jonny Spencer wrote:

under mi sensi

Postby mentalist (slight return) » 25 Mar 2018, 11:34

I guess Tim Paine is a bit older and wiser, but M Marsh will likely be captain one day.
king of the divan

under mi sensi

Postby mentalist (slight return) » 25 Mar 2018, 11:37

Sir Alec Ferguson would have delivered a fair few momentous half time sprays during his coaching career.
king of the divan

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 25 Mar 2018, 16:36

Good to see that famous Australian fighting spirit and self-belief in the face of adversity today.
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 25 Mar 2018, 16:37

As an England fan I’d especially like to thank them for distracting everyone from our own current shambles.

The Red Heifer
Fucking Crackers

Postby The Red Heifer » 25 Mar 2018, 20:21

I sincerely hope David Warner was more involved in this than it first seems, because fuck me I don't like him at all. Not to mention his record flatters to deceive, of late he's only really performing in dead rubber matches. It's like he's undroppable.
Wadesmith wrote:Why is it that when there's a 'What do you think of this?' post, it's always absolute cobblers?

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 25 Mar 2018, 20:50

It looks like he was, being part of that 'leadership group'. I'm more intrigued to hear Hazlewood, Starc and Lyon were involved too- the first two certainly would have benefited from extra swing so i wonder what their influence and intention was.
That second innings was total and utter capitulation. They couldn't wait to get the hell out of Dodge.

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 25 Mar 2018, 20:51

Jason Gillespie has said that the team is really divided - some senior players were furious at learning what had been going on.

Return to “Sporting Life”