NBA - 2014/15 Season.

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
Dr Markus

Re: NBA - 2014/15 Season.

Postby Dr Markus » 24 Jun 2017, 01:56

Griffin and Paul opt out. Good in the long run.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 24 Jun 2017, 15:29

The Great Defector wrote:Griffin and Paul opt out. Good in the long run.

Yeah, but they can't nearly the money with other teams. It's the logical business move to keep options open.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

WG Kaspar

Postby WG Kaspar » 24 Jun 2017, 21:26

So the Bucks pick DJ Wilson. I wish I could say much but I don't know anything about college bball. He's long and that's all I can think of.
I run out of talent

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 25 Jun 2017, 17:44

WG Kaspar wrote:So the Bucks pick DJ Wilson. I wish I could say much but I don't know anything about college bball. He's long and that's all I can think of.

He's a California kid and I know a little about him from following high school sports. He's from Sacramento and made his name by playing well against Ivan Raab in a camp. He was injured a lot in high school and the first year or two in college, but increased his jumping and last season was a breakout year for him. He can knock down the three and is a good athlete - At 6' 8", he's probably a small forward.

He didn't hire an agent so he could've gone back to school if he didn't get drafted. The Bucks are kinda backed up at small forward, even with Jabari Parker's future uncertain. I don't get the pick myself.

WG Kaspar

Postby WG Kaspar » 25 Jun 2017, 17:48

sloopjohnc wrote:
WG Kaspar wrote:So the Bucks pick DJ Wilson. I wish I could say much but I don't know anything about college bball. He's long and that's all I can think of.

He's a California kid and I know a little about him from following high school sports. He's from Sacramento and made his name by playing well against Ivan Raab in a camp. He was injured a lot in high school and the first year or two in college, but increased his jumping and last season was a breakout year for him. He can knock down the three and is a good athlete - At 6' 8", he's probably a small forward.

He didn't hire an agent so he could've gone back to school if he didn't get drafted. The Bucks are kinda backed up at small forward, even with Jabari Parker's future uncertain. I don't get the pick myself.

They give him at 6'10'' which means he can probably play the 4 as well. I don't know I guess we'll have to see. There's not much you can hope for when you pick at 17 other that you hope it pans out.
I run out of talent

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 25 Jun 2017, 18:01

WG Kaspar wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:

They give him at 6'10'' which means he can probably play the 4 as well. I don't know I guess we'll have to see. There's not much you can hope for when you pick at 17 other that you hope it pans out.

I dunno. Of the guys below, I think there are four or five legit pros. Personally, I'd take Leaf over Wilson, but then that's just me.

13. Utah Jazz — Donovan Mitchell, Louisville guard

14. Miami Heat — Bam Adebayo, Kentucky forward

15. Sacramento Kings — Justin Jackson, North Carolina guard

16. Minnesota Timberwolves — Justin Patton, Creighton Center

17. Milwaukee Bucks — D.J. Wilson, Michigan forward

18. Indiana Pacers — T.J. Leaf, UCLA forward

19. Atlanta Hawks — John Collins, Wake Forest forward

20. Sacramento Kings — Harry Giles, Duke forward

The Red Heifer
Fucking Crackers

Postby The Red Heifer » 25 Jun 2017, 23:59

sloopjohnc wrote:
Dubs got exactly the guy I wanted, Jordan Bell from Oregon, Pac12 defensive player of the year

Reading about him he seems like a great pickup and a great bit of business as well. Anyone wanting to emulate Draymond is okay by me.

The best bit was when the inevitable checking through the twitter feed to see if the draftee said anything funny about their new club (like former Adelaide 36er and all round decent Warriors fan Terrence Ferguson did :lol: ) and all it showed was Jordan to be a Warriors fan. Good stuff all round.
Wadesmith wrote:Why is it that when there's a 'What do you think of this?' post, it's always absolute cobblers?

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 27 Jun 2017, 18:32

Wonder what happened with Aldridge at spurs. If he genuinely thought he was gonna be the vocal point on the offense then he's just stupid. Even then, spurs play team ball.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 27 Jun 2017, 19:07

Brutal Kangaroo wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:
Dubs got exactly the guy I wanted, Jordan Bell from Oregon, Pac12 defensive player of the year

Reading about him he seems like a great pickup and a great bit of business as well. Anyone wanting to emulate Draymond is okay by me.

The best bit was when the inevitable checking through the twitter feed to see if the draftee said anything funny about their new club (like former Adelaide 36er and all round decent Warriors fan Terrence Ferguson did :lol: ) and all it showed was Jordan to be a Warriors fan. Good stuff all round.

All he has to do is text Patrick McCaw and ask how that worked out for him.

The Red Heifer
Fucking Crackers

Postby The Red Heifer » 27 Jun 2017, 22:01

I personally can't think of a more pointless exercise than trolling through social media posts to try to embarrass draftees though. What's the point of it? Do we only want to draft people who grew up as fans of the club? What does it actually achieve?
Wadesmith wrote:Why is it that when there's a 'What do you think of this?' post, it's always absolute cobblers?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 27 Jun 2017, 22:20

Brutal Kangaroo wrote:I personally can't think of a more pointless exercise than trolling through social media posts to try to embarrass draftees though. What's the point of it? Do we only want to draft people who grew up as fans of the club? What does it actually achieve?

I was bypassing the actual stupidity of the act, it was so dumb.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 28 Jun 2017, 13:06

Few rumors that the Celts want George and Hayward. I think Thomas's days are numbered if this is true.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 28 Jun 2017, 17:52

Paul to Houston, it's gonna be Clippers V2.0. :lol:

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 28 Jun 2017, 17:54

The Great Defector wrote:Paul to Houston, it's gonna be Clippers V2.0. :lol:

It's really, really stupid - Harden had one of the best seasons ever and now you put two guys together who need the ball almost every possession. Cabela's fine, he never asks for it, but I think this is one of the dumbest moves ever. Good luck.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 28 Jun 2017, 17:56

sloopjohnc wrote:

It's really, really stupid - Harden had one of the best seasons ever and now you put two guys together who need the ball almost every possession. Cabela's fine, he never asks for it, but I think this is one of the dumbest moves ever. Good luck.

...plus D'antoni likes to push the ball, Paul can't like he used to.

WG Kaspar

Postby WG Kaspar » 28 Jun 2017, 19:46

Very interesting move. I guess we'll have to see, but I think this could work. It's always better to have 2 legitimate scoring options rather than 1.
I'm more interested to see what this means for the Clippers.
I run out of talent

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 28 Jun 2017, 21:16

WG Kaspar wrote:Very interesting move. I guess we'll have to see, but I think this could work. It's always better to have 2 legitimate scoring options rather than 1.
I'm more interested to see what this means for the Clippers.

The Clippers get Sam Dekker, Patrick Beverley, Lou Williams, DeAndre Liggins, Darrun Hilliard, Montrezl Harrell, Kyle Wiltjer, a top-three protected 2018 first-round pick and $661,000. Three or four of those picks are keepers - Dekker, Beverley, Williams, Harrell. Look for Clippers to deal more.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 28 Jun 2017, 21:17

The Great Defector wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:

...plus D'antoni likes to push the ball, Paul can't like he used to.

Could he ever? Paul makes dents in the hardwood he dribbles it so much.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 28 Jun 2017, 21:35

WG Kaspar

Postby WG Kaspar » 28 Jun 2017, 22:00

Well he's not the first to have an issue with Doc Rivers
I run out of talent

Return to “Sporting Life”