NBA - 2014/15 Season.

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
sloopjohnc

Re: NBA - 2014/15 Season.

Postby sloopjohnc » 17 Jan 2018, 17:00

The Great Defector wrote:
WG Kaspar wrote:
The Great Defector wrote:Staying up to watch that game tonight. Think the bucks have a guard problem. Delladova and bogdan (how he won roty I'll never know) are a waste of money. I think I said on here that delladova needs to pay his agent far more for getting the contract he got. Haven't seen enough of bledsloe to see what he's like. If they can get jabari? fit again will be a big help, think he's legit.

Brogdon is very good but he's not a pg, more like a sg. Delly is a good rotational player and can get other people pissed off, some might even say he's dirty, but just like Green you want one of these guys in your team. He's OK as a 3rd guard. Bledsoe is very good but extremely ball dominant. Until Kidd (the biggest problem of all) figures out a way to maximise the usage of the main scorers the Bucks will be up and down.

I don't see how he's good to honest. I think he will be forgotten about in a few years like michael williams carter. Still don't like delladova, think he's not worth even 50% of the money his agent got him. Got to watch Bledsoe a few times and don't rate him.

Brogdon was the rookie of the year award winner, albeit in a down class, but still. . .

I'm surprised Kidd hasn't gotten more out of Bledsoe, but he's very good and it's a work in progress. I don't think Kidd is the greatest coach in the world.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

WG Kaspar

Postby WG Kaspar » 17 Jan 2018, 18:02

Understatement of the year
I run out of talent

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 17 Jan 2018, 18:22

WG Kaspar wrote:Understatement of the year

If the Lakers do get rid of Luke Walton, Milwaukee should snatch him up in a heartbeat.

Mike Brown, the Warriors main assistant, might like another head coaching job. He'd be good too. Or even Lawrence Frank.

That would piss Kidd off because he demoted Frank off the bench when Kidd coached the Nets.

WG Kaspar

Postby WG Kaspar » 17 Jan 2018, 18:27

Well Fizdale is still out of work and he could be really good, but I believe that Kidd will stay regardless, his relationship with the ownership nad most importantly with Giannis is excellent. Unless this changes I can't see the Bucks moving on from Kidd.
I run out of talent

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 17 Jan 2018, 18:29

sloopjohnc wrote:
I'm surprised Kidd hasn't gotten more out of Bledsoe, but he's very good and it's a work in progress. I don't think Kidd is the greatest coach in the world.

Bledsoe looks to be out to get his, instead of playing for the team.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

WG Kaspar

Postby WG Kaspar » 17 Jan 2018, 18:31

sloopjohnc wrote:

That may well be true, but he's come through in the clutch. I wonder how Jabari will fit when he comes back.
I run out of talent

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 17 Jan 2018, 18:31

sloopjohnc wrote:

If the Lakers do get rid of Luke Walton, Milwaukee should snatch him up in a heartbeat.

Mike Brown, the Warriors main assistant, might like another head coaching job. He'd be good too. Or even Lawrence Frank.

That would piss Kidd off because he demoted Frank off the bench when Kidd coached the Nets.

I starting to doubt Walton a small bit. I remember green saying that the main difference between Walton and kerr is, kerr will shout or stare you doing for taking a bad shot or play. While Walton will say something like "Yeah, we can get a better shot than that". Having being forced to watched the Lakers a lot recently, Walton doesn't seem to stop his players from playing like kids. He seems to let them go with the flow.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 17 Jan 2018, 18:33

WG Kaspar wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:

That may well be true, but he's come through in the clutch. I wonder how Jabari will fit when he comes back.

Short term gains don't make long success. That's Westbrooks problem as well. He can't play a system, and doesn't understand that some times not shooting the ball is the best option.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 17 Jan 2018, 21:28

WG Kaspar wrote:Well Fizdale is still out of work and he could be really good, but I believe that Kidd will stay regardless, his relationship with the ownership nad most importantly with Giannis is excellent. Unless this changes I can't see the Bucks moving on from Kidd.

If LeBron chooses LA, I bet he'll demand Fizdale replace Walton. Or at least be asst. head coach.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 17 Jan 2018, 21:31

sloopjohnc wrote:

I starting to doubt Walton a small bit. I remember green saying that the main difference between Walton and kerr is, kerr will shout or stare you doing for taking a bad shot or play. While Walton will say something like "Yeah, we can get a better shot than that". Having being forced to watched the Lakers a lot recently, Walton doesn't seem to stop his players from playing like kids. He seems to let them go with the flow.

I don't disagree. You don't get to hear it, but Walton addressed going from confidante, which is what an NBA asst. coach mainly is, to head coach.

Not that the Warriors weren't a team on a mission and very self-motivated, but he took them to 41 straight wins.

Forty.

One.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 18 Jan 2018, 16:49

Jordan Bell got injured at the very start of the game, which means they only have three centers now and Kevon Looney, who can play both center and forward.

But Bell is a loss. Having a great rookie season.

Watching the NCAA tourney last year, I mentioned to a friend that I thought he was very NBA worthy. My friend, who watches lots of Oregon basketball, living in Eugene, was doubtful. I have reminded him of this all season.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 18 Jan 2018, 18:15

It was sad to hear about Jo Jo White dying. I remember him as part of those great Cowens/White/Westphal/Havlicek/Maxwell teams. NBA Finals MVP and was drafted by pro basketball, football, baseball and the US Army. He played for the Warriors for one year and even though he was winding down, I was excited. Mainly cuz the Warriors were crappy and he was a proven star.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 19 Jan 2018, 00:33

Great article on the development of international players in the NBA

https://www.si.com/longform/2018/nba-in ... index.html

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 19 Jan 2018, 14:20

I find it funny that the players seem to think they're blameless in the ref/player drama. Sign of the times.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 19 Jan 2018, 15:01

The Great Defector wrote:I find it funny that the players seem to think they're blameless in the ref/player drama. Sign of the times.

Durant kinda answered that question last week saying they must get tired of being chirped at all game and put some blame on himself and other players.

My view is players miss shots, get beat on defense - it's a fast game with big guys and the refs are bound to miss calls. I think what the players would like is not such a quick trigger and some give-and-take with some limits. That's the way the refs used to work with the discussion going on.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 19 Jan 2018, 15:04

The players are 80% at fault. There's a lot of players that are looking for fouls because they can't handle the fact they took a bad shot or got defended well. Some players shout for a foul on every single play even if there's no one around them.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 19 Jan 2018, 15:18

For Saturday's Warriors minor league game my son and I are going to, we'll get to see Chris Boucher. Boucher was Univ. of Oregon's best player until he tore his ACL right before the NCAA tourney. He went undrafted, but Oregon's two other players, Bell and Brooks, are doing well for the Warriors and Memphis.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 21 Jan 2018, 21:02

My son and I went to see the Santa Cruz Warriors against the Agua Caliente Clippers. I was a Brice Johnson fan when he played at No. Carolina and thought he'd be a good pro and was a good pick at #25 for the Clippers. He needs work.

Quinn Cook, who's bounced between the big club and Santa Cruz was smoking with 33 pts.

The Clippers G-league team stayed at our hotel.

WG Kaspar

Postby WG Kaspar » 22 Jan 2018, 21:44

Kidd's been sacked. I did not see this coming.
I run out of talent

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 22 Jan 2018, 22:52

WG Kaspar wrote:Kidd's been sacked. I did not see this coming.

Me either. He's a shitty coach.

My co-worker in the cubicle across from me knows his replacement well, Joe Prunty. He was her PE dance partner in elementary school and she grew up with him. He was England's head coach, last Olympics.

He's also coached with the Spurs, Mavericks and Trailblazers.

Return to “Sporting Life”