NBA - 2014/15 Season.

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
PresMuffley

Re: NBA - 2014/15 Season.

Postby PresMuffley » 12 May 2017, 07:27

Glad I don't have to look at his dumb beard anymore this season.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 12 May 2017, 13:29

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

The Red Heifer
Fucking Crackers

Postby The Red Heifer » 12 May 2017, 14:03

Took your boy Westbrick to school though yeah? :)
Wadesmith wrote:Why is it that when there's a 'What do you think of this?' post, it's always absolute cobblers?

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 12 May 2017, 14:13

Brutal Kangaroo wrote:Took your boy Westbrick to school though yeah? :)

No, Harden is the rocket's biggest defense weakness, so he never defended westbrook. Also compare the teams, Westbrook is MVP, END OF STORY.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

The Red Heifer
Fucking Crackers

Postby The Red Heifer » 12 May 2017, 14:19

:lol: :lol: that was too easy! I should do this as a career!
Wadesmith wrote:Why is it that when there's a 'What do you think of this?' post, it's always absolute cobblers?

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 12 May 2017, 14:34

Brutal Kangaroo wrote::lol: :lol: that was too easy! I should do this as a career!

Um, ok. :?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 12 May 2017, 16:58

What the hell happened to Harden and Aldridge? It was like the monsters getting the NBA players' abilities like in Space Jam.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 12 May 2017, 17:13

sloopjohnc wrote:What the hell happened to Harden and Aldridge? It was like the monsters getting the NBA players' abilities like in Space Jam.

Aldridge jacked his knee and not used to not being the main man. I wouldn't be surprised if he left.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 12 May 2017, 20:32

The Great Defector wrote:
sloopjohnc wrote:What the hell happened to Harden and Aldridge? It was like the monsters getting the NBA players' abilities like in Space Jam.

Aldridge jacked his knee and not used to not being the main man. I wouldn't be surprised if he left.

Aldridge had 34 points and 12 rebounds. Ain't no knee. I think you're talking about Leonard, which is ankle and knee.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 15 May 2017, 12:26

sloopjohnc wrote:

Aldridge had 34 points and 12 rebounds. Ain't no knee. I think you're talking about Leonard, which is ankle and knee.

He did have Knee issues in the Houston game according to reports. Leonard is obviously gonna be a massive lost, but I still think the spurs can make it competitive.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 15 May 2017, 17:44

I think Aldridge's problems are head related. He friggin' disappeared again after Leonard's injury. When he needed to stand up and be the man. The other Spurs played fine, and they kept feeding him in the post, but he didn't deliver. Easier said than done, but they got him to be Duncan's successor. I'd rather go to an aging Gasol.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 15 May 2017, 17:52

I'd go for Lee myself. Just hope the spurs make a go.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 15 May 2017, 18:24

Nils Lofgren is a huge hoops fan and wrote a song about the Washington Bullets back in the day

He's updated it for the Wizards.

WG Kaspar

Postby WG Kaspar » 15 May 2017, 18:42

Last night's was a great game. We may yet see a competitive series, but I fear the manner of the defeat might take the wind out of the Spurs sails.
I run out of talent

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 16 May 2017, 12:52

Really thought Wash were going to get through. Boston Cavs, I give it 4 -1 to the cavs.

Just looked at the boxscore, Wash got 0 help off the bench.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 16 May 2017, 17:22

What the hell got into Kelly Olynyk last night? Celtic hero with 26 points.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 16 May 2017, 17:28

sloopjohnc wrote:What the hell got into Kelly Olynyk last night? Celtic hero with 26 points.

I'd say he could start for most other teams. Apparently a few rookies are nervous about getting drafted by Boston incase they just become role players instead of being allowed to grow and become stars. I think there's a few players on that team that could be starters or have bigger roles on other teams. Zellar is fucking wasted, Brown or Roizer could take over for Crowdar who is a bench player at best. Not Smart's biggest fan, but he could start for another team and I think he thinks that too.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 16 May 2017, 18:18

sloopjohnc wrote:What the hell got into Kelly Olynyk last night? Celtic hero with 26 points.

I'd say he could start for most other teams. Apparently a few rookies are nervous about getting drafted by Boston incase they just become role players instead of being allowed to grow and become stars. I think there's a few players on that team that could be starters or have bigger roles on other teams. Zellar is fucking wasted, Brown or Roizer could take over for Crowdar who is a bench player at best. Not Smart's biggest fan, but he could start for another team and I think he thinks that too.

Olynyk was a great college player at Gonzaga and could easily start for lots of teams. Boston's secret weapon isn't Isaiah Thomas, it's Brad Stevens. None of those guys are great players, they're all very good to good players, and Stevens has them playing as a true team - Boston and Golden State do the best at utilizing every part. I'd have included Atlanta or Memphis up to a couple years ago, but they've both gone a little south. Maybe Houston, as currently constituted.

If Boston gets a standout wing like Josh Jackson from Kansas or Jayson Tatum from Duke - both 6' 8" wings who play offense and defense and guard multiple positions, watch out.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 16 May 2017, 18:25

sloopjohnc wrote:

Olynyk was a great college player at Gonzaga and could easily start for lots of teams. Boston's secret weapon isn't Isaiah Thomas, it's Brad Stevens. None of those guys are great players, they're all very good to good players, and Stevens has them playing as a true team - Boston and Golden State do the best at utilizing every part. I'd have included Atlanta or Memphis up to a couple years ago, but they've both gone a little south. Maybe Houston, as currently constituted.

If Boston gets a standout wing like Josh Jackson from Kansas or Jayson Tatum from Duke - both 6' 8" wings who play offense and defense and guard multiple positions, watch out.

I think Ainge is gonna do a pick and trade myself. Who for? I don't know. I think he wants to win now and not rely on a rookie to push his team over the edge.

WG Kaspar

Postby WG Kaspar » 16 May 2017, 19:38

I'm starting to believe that there is some magic dust in Boston. I don't think they're going to beat Cavs but if it's one franchise not lacking in confidence it is them. I think that very soon they will again become a dominant franchise.
I run out of talent

Return to “Sporting Life”