NBA - 2014/15 Season.

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
The Red Heifer
Fucking Crackers

Re: NBA - 2014/15 Season.

Postby The Red Heifer » 22 Jun 2018, 04:04

Thoughts on Jacob Evans John?
Wadesmith wrote:Why is it that when there's a 'What do you think of this?' post, it's always absolute cobblers?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 22 Jun 2018, 17:45

The Red Heifer wrote:Thoughts on Jacob Evans John?

I watched a lot of Univ. of Cincinnati this year (they were on ESPN a lot). Evans is just the kind of guy the Warriors prize. He'll be off the bench scoring to replace Nick Young, but he's good on D too. His coach at Cincy said Evans is the smartest player he's ever coached, and the Warriors prize that too because of their motion offense and all the switching on D. He'll be a good fill-in for Klay.

Before the draft, GM Bob Myers said the Warriors look for character, smarts, and of course, ability, when they're drafting, and Evans checks all those boxes.

The Warriors bench is Iguodala, Livingston, Cook, any big guy, and now Evans. As you can tell, there's a lack of scoring in that bunch. But hopefully Cook, who can light 'em up, and Evans, will help with that.

The big guy off the bench will probably be Damian Jones, who was drafted out of Vanderbilt two years ago and bounced around between the G-League team, Santa Cruz, and the Warriors, and Chris Boucher, who was drafted out Univ. of Oregon last year, and was their leading scorer before he tore his ACL in the Pac 12 tourney. He was Oregon's leading scorer that season and a better player than Bell and Dillon Brooks, who had a good rookie season with Memphis last year.

The Warriors tried to buy a second round pick, like they did with Bell last year, but while they were negotiating, the player they wanted was drafted.

Pachulia, McGee, West, Young, Looney, and McCaw are probably gone. Caspi's already gone and his spot was filled by Cook. Some people may want to stay away from McCaw because of last year's injury and his worse second season, but who knows?

McCaw is interesting. He dominates the summer league, but I think he's kinda stuck like Harrison Barnes was. He doesn't get many touches when he's playing with the first team and defers to the all-stars, so it's a tough position to be in.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 24 Jun 2018, 18:47

You can tell the Warriors are looking for scoring off the bench. They signed Kendrick Nunn, the NCAA's second leading scorer, to their summer league team.

The Red Heifer
Fucking Crackers

Postby The Red Heifer » 25 Jun 2018, 21:51

It's one of those things that pleases me, arguably the greatest team in terms of talent assembled we've ever seen and still can recognise where things can be improved on. We've certainly struggled with depth since KD has shown up, and it looks like another shrewd selection in Evans.
Wadesmith wrote:Why is it that when there's a 'What do you think of this?' post, it's always absolute cobblers?

The Red Heifer
Fucking Crackers

Postby The Red Heifer » 02 Jul 2018, 09:36

Fuck the Los Angeles Lakers.

That sentence rings true with or without LeBron.

The Red Heifer
Fucking Crackers

Postby The Red Heifer » 02 Jul 2018, 11:40

Although it's going to be very hard to hate a team with Javale McGee and Lance Stephenson on it, with Luke Walton coaching.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 02 Jul 2018, 19:58

The Red Heifer wrote:Although it's going to be very hard to hate a team with Javale McGee and Lance Stephenson on it, with Luke Walton coaching.

:lol:

Going to be interesting. Stephenson showed pics on twitter of him working out last week. He's crazy, but a good player.

I'm betting McGee, Stephenson and LeBron have an impact on working out habits on the rest of the young Lakers. The only one they don't have to worry about is Julius Randle.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 03 Jul 2018, 03:04

The Warriors getting Boogie is NBA Y2K shit.

The Red Heifer
Fucking Crackers

Postby The Red Heifer » 03 Jul 2018, 03:17

It's going to be a fun afternoon on twitter :lol: :lol:

WG Kaspar

Postby WG Kaspar » 03 Jul 2018, 09:26

I'm surprised he didn't get many offers. I know Achilles is a bastard of an injury but still...
I run out of talent

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 03 Jul 2018, 16:54

WG Kaspar wrote:I'm surprised he didn't get many offers. I know Achilles is a bastard of an injury but still...

it sorta doesn't surprise me. He was due the max and wilth an Achilles, no team wanted to pay him for a non first-year. But, he's already running on a treadmill and wants to be back for training camp. Last night, someone said that Dominique tore his achilles and came back to average 29 the next year. Boogie doesn't rely on physicality and this means they don't have to sign Looney and can bring Jordan Bell and Damian Jones off the bench at center.

Cousins averaged 28 pts, 12 rebounds and 5.5 assists. He's going to be like Bogut x 10.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 16 Jul 2018, 18:08

My pre-season picks for rookie of the year based on summer league: Wendell Carter, Jr. or Jaren Jackson.

Oh, and the Rockets will be making a big mistake if they sign Carmelo for a couple different reasons. D'Antoni doesn't like him after his experience coaching the Knicks and Anthony will not make up what Arriza and Mboute left on the defensive end. Rockets don't have to really worry about points. They finally played some defense last year and that ain't Melo.

The Red Heifer
Fucking Crackers

Postby The Red Heifer » 16 Jul 2018, 21:33

Hes not good for team chemistry in any way shape or form, even if the players all love him. If I were Houston I'd be more worried about making Clint Capela feel more appreciated.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 16 Jul 2018, 22:27

The Red Heifer wrote:Hes not good for team chemistry in any way shape or form, even if the players all love him. If I were Houston I'd be more worried about making Clint Capela feel more appreciated.

They can't afford him under salary cap - he wants Gobert and Steven Adams money, which he should get, but the Rockets can't pay him that. That's what they get for front loading.

That's what makes the Warriors story so unique - they have Klay and Draymond coming up next year and year after, but that they can afford those four and their bench is crazy. Cousins, Iguodala, Livingston, Looney, Jerebko. McCaw may have to sign lesser deal too, just because of the market and his January injury. And then of course, Jakob Evans, their draft pick.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 18 Jul 2018, 22:26

Guys, tell me whether the Spurs got fucked on this Kawhi deal. I’m really sad to see him go, but then again ... really? Who knows what the shit was going on? Seems like the Spurs had a lousy hand to deal. The end of a Dynasty.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 19 Jul 2018, 00:06

LeBaron wrote:Guys, tell me whether the Spurs got fucked on this Kawhi deal. I’m really sad to see him go, but then again ... really? Who knows what the shit was going on? Seems like the Spurs had a lousy hand to deal. The end of a Dynasty.

No. Both featured players aren't happy, but Derozan is a good/great player. That the Spurs got Jake Poetl too is a coup.

Murray and DeMar is a good backcourt.

And DeRozan is locked up for next three years. He's also good friends with Rudy Gay. Not a bad starting five.

Murray
DeRozan
Gay
Aldridge
Gasol
Last edited by sloopjohnc on 19 Jul 2018, 18:24, edited 2 times in total.

The Red Heifer
Fucking Crackers

Postby The Red Heifer » 19 Jul 2018, 00:22

It's a pretty stupid move on Toronto's part if you ask me. They'll probably only get the single year out of Kawhi.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 19 Jul 2018, 18:23

The Red Heifer wrote:It's a pretty stupid move on Toronto's part if you ask me. They'll probably only get the single year out of Kawhi.

I think they're going to trade him to the Lakers or Portland. Both have good young players with low salaries.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 19 Sep 2018, 21:31

Jimmy Butler requested a trade. The Timberwolves are in shambles because I don't think they want to give Town the max. And Wiggins supposedly can't stand playing with Town.

WG Kaspar

Postby WG Kaspar » 20 Sep 2018, 12:13

Yeah saw that yesterday. Not really surprising to be honest it's been brewing for a while now. Towns isn't happy either. I think Thibs is the root of the problem though.
I run out of talent

Return to “Sporting Life”