The Spurs Thread

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
Dr Markus

Re: the Spurs thread

Postby Dr Markus » 30 Nov 2014, 17:05

Where did Kane come from? He reminds me of le tissier, but ....you know......with a lot more energy.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 30 Nov 2014, 17:57

Dr Markus wrote:Where did Kane come from?

Local boy - well, localish, anyway. Always been with Spurs.
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 30 Nov 2014, 17:58

Level with Arse, above Liverpool, Everton, Newcastle, Swansea, 2 pts off CL places, top of EL group, QF in League Cup, three players brought through from youth team...Poch out!

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 01 Dec 2014, 00:56

Spurs, especially at White Hart Lane, really are our bogey team. We always seem to play badly there and Spurs always seem to play well, no matter what their form prior to that.

I have no complaints today - Everton just didn't do enough, quickly enough, with the ball and Spurs just looked hungrier and a yard more determined than us, pretty much from the equalising goal.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 01 Dec 2014, 13:34

Rayge wrote:
Dr Markus wrote:Where did Kane come from?

Local boy - well, localish, anyway. Always been with Spurs.

Looks a good player, there’s a few English strikers that have suddenly appeared out of no where that look handy. There’s that kid for WBA, Kane and Charlie Austin. If they can keep it up for the 2nd half of the season, it looks well for the national team to have a bit of strength in depth for a change.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 01 Jan 2015, 18:19

Fucking hell.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 01 Jan 2015, 18:41

Dreamland

'skope
BCB poster of the year 2014

Postby 'skope » 01 Jan 2015, 18:47

:D enjoy rayge! and lampard getting the winner for city too. moron-inho must be fuming!

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 01 Jan 2015, 19:06

I'm in tears here

Limpin' Jez McKenzie
Poptastic

Postby Limpin' Jez McKenzie » 01 Jan 2015, 23:08

Spurs did everybody a favour.
I kept thinking "swim as far as you can, swim as far as you can".

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 02 Jan 2015, 10:17

Anyone who makes that utter scumbag Mourinho dig into his Excuses Bag after a heavy defeat is alright by me.

Limpin' Jez McKenzie
Poptastic

Postby Limpin' Jez McKenzie » 02 Jan 2015, 10:36

Lord Rother wrote:Anyone who makes that utter scumbag Mourinho dig into his Excuses Bag after a heavy defeat is alright by me.

Is he really a scumbag? I don't like his football style, and I would genuinely have rather had Wenger teams over the last 15 years than Mourinho teams at Arsenal, for all their silverware. He is very successful. He is certainly the best manager now, and possibly the best manager ever in England, at changing for the better the shape or strategy of his team in the middle of a match. All managers have an excuses bag. I think he says some stuff just to wind people up.

I am glad Spurs won though, as much for the manner of it as the fact of it.
I kept thinking "swim as far as you can, swim as far as you can".

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 02 Jan 2015, 10:43

I like Mourinho, always have. I was just thrilled to see a Tottenham team playing so well, and so coherently

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 02 Jan 2015, 11:29

Brilliant result for Spurs. Kane seems to be growing with each game.

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 02 Jan 2015, 12:15

Yes he is a scumbag. A quite brilliant manager of course but a nasty piece of work whose eye twinkle seduces many into thinking he is something else.

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 02 Jan 2015, 12:23

Oh absolute nonsense. You're the sort of football fan who would think Ferguson was a twat as well.

Mourinho plays to win and his psychological mind games are present at all times. He will defend his players wherever possible - and that's why his players play so well because of that protective cordon he puts up. That's fairly obvious.

The notion that Mourinho plays negatively has surely been destroyed by Chelsea's performances this season. They are defensively minded (apart from yesterday lol) and yes, a Chelsea side that is 2-0 up rarely loses or concedes, but it's part of an overall plan where, if they are ahead, they will not expend energy needlessly.

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 02 Jan 2015, 12:43

Oh indeed, most of his players love him but I think he is a nasty, lying, cheating creep.

I did not think that about Ferguson.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 04 Jan 2015, 12:57

Toby wrote:The notion that Mourinho plays negatively has surely been destroyed by Chelsea's performances this season.

Don't be silly. There are dozens of examples of him playing negatively, which isn't to say he always does it.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 04 Jan 2015, 13:10

The G Experience! wrote:
Toby wrote:The notion that Mourinho plays negatively has surely been destroyed by Chelsea's performances this season.

Don't be silly. There are dozens of examples of him playing negatively, which isn't to say he always does it.

He absolutely does it when it suits. This notion that Mourinho has become a knight in shining footballing armour, galloping along to save attacking football, is fucking ridiculous. He doesn't - never has a nd never will- give a shit about 'the game'. All he cares about is his own career.

I have absolutely no problem with that at all - he's a brilliant coach/manager. But let's save the sainthood talk for others possibly more deserving.
Cocaine

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 04 Jan 2015, 13:30

As for Kane - yeah, I've been looking at him all season and his progress has been remarkable. He can score goals but he's got a really quick footballing brain too and does so much more that just in the box. He's an excellent link player too.

If he stays this way, I'd much rather he was given a break at international level than us - yet again- trundling out Lambert and (god forbid) Carroll.
Cocaine

Return to “Sporting Life”