the Spurs thread

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
Rayge

Re: the Spurs thread

Postby Rayge » 20 Jan 2017, 08:58

formerbcber wrote:flash in the pan. they will crumble, Rayge. they really will.

:)
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

When the ball sleeps it dreams it is a Frisbee

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. Love is the law, love under will

Tonto Papadopoulos
Utter Cad

Postby Tonto Papadopoulos » 21 Jan 2017, 07:54

Interesting to read the first page of this thread. The Potch has had a real impact!
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

PENK
Midnight to Six Man

Postby PENK » 21 Jan 2017, 18:07

They're a total rabble today. City should be five up already. Are nosebleeds catching in north London?
Copehead wrote:I have met Gruff Rhys - although he claimed he wasn't and that he couldn't speak Welsh, as I spoke to him in Welsh, but it was him lying bastard.

Pansy Puff

Postby Pansy Puff » 21 Jan 2017, 18:43

Bravo is a bloody liability. Dreadful keeper. Two clangers.
“He’s got the memory of an elephant ... and the trophy cabinet of one too.”

PENK
Midnight to Six Man

Postby PENK » 21 Jan 2017, 19:08

K wrote:Bravo is a bloody liability. Dreadful keeper. Two clangers.

Don't be silly. Lloris has dropped those clangers today but has been consistently excellent for Spurs over several years at this level, while Bravo has been consistently flaky for City all season.

That said, that was a scandalous decision not to give Sterling a penalty - and look what happened. City have been screwed over there.
Copehead wrote:I have met Gruff Rhys - although he claimed he wasn't and that he couldn't speak Welsh, as I spoke to him in Welsh, but it was him lying bastard.

Pansy Puff

Postby Pansy Puff » 21 Jan 2017, 19:15

PENK wrote:
K wrote:Bravo is a bloody liability. Dreadful keeper. Two clangers.

Don't be silly. Lloris has dropped those clangers today but has been consistently excellent for Spurs over several years at this level, while Bravo has been consistently flaky for City all season.

That said, that was a scandalous decision not to give Sterling a penalty - and look what happened. City have been screwed over there.

I was joking.
I won't be joking about this joke of a referee if the game finishes like this (or worse).

Good job Jesus was offside for the disallowed goal or my head would have exploded.

Pansy Puff

Postby Pansy Puff » 21 Jan 2017, 19:25

PS. Why was Ottamendi booked? For getting in the way of a free kick? I don't really have a problem with that except that I've never seen it before ever. If he'd blocked the kick, perhaps, but I think he got booked for being pushed over.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 25 Jan 2017, 18:27

From a letter to The Fiver

“Is the new Spurs Cheese emporium a standalone venture? Or does it sit alongside other fine purveyors of meats and comestibles as part of some kind of Deli Alley?” – Chris Walker.

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. Love is the law, love under will

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 15 Apr 2017, 14:37

I must say, I'm rather enjoying this season.
What a wonderful manager Pochettino is.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 15 Apr 2017, 14:57

That was so one sided today, I actually felt sorry for Bournemouth.

Obvious thing to say but Chelsea are going to need to win the title this year - I don't think Spurs are rolling over this season.
The undefined being negotiated by the unprepared in order to get the unspecified for the uninformed.

WG Kaspar

Postby WG Kaspar » 15 Apr 2017, 16:16

Spurs are the most entertaining team this season, especially at home.
When is St. Tottheringham day this year?
I run out of talent

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 15 Apr 2017, 16:39

The Slider is playing it very close to his chest this season.....
The undefined being negotiated by the unprepared in order to get the unspecified for the uninformed.

Ragye

Postby Ragye » 21 May 2017, 17:09

Meanest defence, most prolific attack, Kane Golden Boot winner for second successive season despite missing 8 games through injury, club's best-ever points total, unbeaten at WHL, all kinds of other records, I'll settle for that, but what makes the main difference from last season was that in the last three matches both times we played away to the former champions and away to a relegated side, and while last year there was a fractious 2-2 draw with Chelsea and the 5-1 collapse at Newcastle, this time they twice in succession got record away wins, 6-1 and 7-1.
Hoorah.
once an adman, always a cunt

all / Life death does end and each day dies with sleep

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 25 Oct 2017, 13:47

:-)

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 01 Nov 2017, 21:40

Ha!

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 02 Nov 2017, 12:51

No bother to spurs. The only person who can fuck them up now is Levy if he doesn't loosen the purse strings to keep his manager and players. With Levy there's always that chance.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 02 Nov 2017, 13:41

The Great Defector wrote:No bother to spurs. The only person who can fuck them up now is Levy if he doesn't loosen the purse strings to keep his manager and players. With Levy there's always that chance.

Levy is a brilliant chairman. No one important is going anywhere. People go on about weekly wages being low, but they are highly incentivised. They've got a great coaching set-up, first class academy and are about to move into a state of the art stadium with a huge capacity that they could probably fill with season ticket holders. That's where the money has gone, rather than squander it on numpties. Young players want to come because they know that Poch will help them get better and they will get in the team and then if they perform get fast-tracked into the national side, rather than have £50m spunked on Carlos Kickaball who will block their way into the team because of the amount spent on him means he must play.
There is also tremendous team spirit: people who don't buy into it, like Walker, get sold for a fortune and replaced with two better players. And there is a growing sense that Spurs isn't so much a stepping stone to greater things, as a great team on its own, and one that over a decade ago rejected short-termism in favour of a long game that is now bearing fruit. Pochettino has an opportunity to build a dynasty here, to shape not only a team, but a whole club. Why would he go to PSG, or Bayern, or whatever, and get sacked after two or three years? But still there's this pervasive cynicism – talking generally now, not about you, Marcus – that the only thing that matters in football is money. Or indeed trophies.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 02 Nov 2017, 18:46

Hope you're right about Levy Ray.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

jimboo

Postby jimboo » 02 Nov 2017, 19:29

Rayge wrote:
The Great Defector wrote:No bother to spurs. The only person who can fuck them up now is Levy if he doesn't loosen the purse strings to keep his manager and players. With Levy there's always that chance.

Levy is a brilliant chairman. No one important is going anywhere. People go on about weekly wages being low, but they are highly incentivised. They've got a great coaching set-up, first class academy and are about to move into a state of the art stadium with a huge capacity that they could probably fill with season ticket holders. That's where the money has gone, rather than squander it on numpties. Young players want to come because they know that Poch will help them get better and they will get in the team and then if they perform get fast-tracked into the national side, rather than have £50m spunked on Carlos Kickaball who will block their way into the team because of the amount spent on him means he must play.
There is also tremendous team spirit: people who don't buy into it, like Walker, get sold for a fortune and replaced with two better players. And there is a growing sense that Spurs isn't so much a stepping stone to greater things, as a great team on its own, and one that over a decade ago rejected short-termism in favour of a long game that is now bearing fruit. Pochettino has an opportunity to build a dynasty here, to shape not only a team, but a whole club. Why would he go to PSG, or Bayern, or whatever, and get sacked after two or three years? But still there's this pervasive cynicism – talking generally now, not about you, Marcus – that the only thing that matters in football is money. Or indeed trophies.

Are we talking about Spurs or Arsenal here? They will blow it this season , they always do.
Goat Boy wrote:Oh, do fuck off, prog boy.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 02 Nov 2017, 20:19

jimboo wrote:Are we talking about Spurs or Arsenal here? They will blow it this season , they always do.

I'm talking about Spurs, who haven't 'blown' anything in years.