West Ham United FC

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Re: West Ham United FC

Postby Toby » 12 Jan 2017, 17:19

And the only sensible thing to do is to sell him, for the right fee of course.

I imagine it'll be £25 million or so. £40 million to a Chinese club. A sad state of affairs as you'd think he'd be loyal at least until the end of the season.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 12 Jan 2017, 17:26

Toby wrote:And the only sensible thing to do is to sell him, for the right fee of course.

I imagine it'll be £25 million or so. £40 million to a Chinese club. A sad state of affairs as you'd think he'd be loyal at least until the end of the season.

Don't know, why give him want he wants straight away? I know it costs the club money to keep him in wages, but making him train by himself and not play even under 23's until the summer would send a message to the rest of the players and make a statement for the club. Although again, it will be costing the club money.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 12 Jan 2017, 17:28

Toby wrote:And the only sensible thing to do is to sell him, for the right fee of course.

West Ham just rejected a £19.1 million bid from Marseille.

I'm sure, of course, they just managed to come to that decision within the few hours of the Bilic press conference and tabling the bid.

Sell him and get the poison out of the door now and use the money in the transfer window.
In other words an extended look into *******’s head, and it seems to have some pretty good things in it (who among us is totally free of mental garbage?) It’s nice to see that he is confident enough so he can play some blues again,I’d like to hear more.

jl

Postby jl » 12 Jan 2017, 18:42

Serves them right for taking the piss over Jermain Defoe.

fire and fueryIre

Postby fire and fueryIre » 14 Jan 2017, 08:14

Alas, as St Etienne discovered in 2011, loyalty is a concept unknown to Payet and his agent.

While I'm no great lover of Ronaldo, at least he continued to give his best when he was desperate to get away from Man U (same is true of Suarez at Liverpool).

Seriously, what European Club in their right mind is going to pay West Ham UK£25,000,000 for a player who's only a kick-in-the-pants away from his 30th birthday and who has previous when it comes to agitating for moves.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 06 Nov 2017, 11:11

Moyes? :lol:
In other words an extended look into *******’s head, and it seems to have some pretty good things in it (who among us is totally free of mental garbage?) It’s nice to see that he is confident enough so he can play some blues again,I’d like to hear more.

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 06 Nov 2017, 11:22

Well yes.

I don't know really. Given what happened at Sunderland, I'm inclined to think that we'll struggle badly. However there are a lot of decent to good players at West Ham, and we really should be playing a lot better than we have been. Maybe Moyes might knock them into shape, get them defending properly and we'll eek out a middle-to-low place in the Prem this season and they'll get in someone else in the summer.

If West Ham had sacked Bilic in the summer we would have had Benitez I'm sure. The difference a few weeks make.

Whatever it is, the apparent progress of the last season at Upton Park appears to be truly down the plughole.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 06 Nov 2017, 11:26

No surprise, but it's just been announced officially that Billic has been sacked..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41702779

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 06 Nov 2017, 14:00

West Ham players need someone to kick them up the arse it seems.

Rumours of players turning up late for training doing the rounds.

Not sure his last 3 jobs give a fair reflection of his ability but let’s hope for WHU’s sake that Ferguson’s assessment of Moyes’ ability is more accurate than recent records might indicate.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 07 Nov 2017, 10:25

I'm a bit surprised Moyes has been given a chance.

Last chance saloon for him I suspect.
LeBaron wrote:
Jimbo wrote:I will read your link but it seems you only read my poor synopsis and not the article, otherwise you''d say more than just insult my cred

I read the article, which was nonsense.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 07 Nov 2017, 11:50

How much do you think he's gonna get fellaini for this time?
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 07 Nov 2017, 12:44

When's the last time a manager took different teams down from the EPL in consecutive seasons?

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 07 Nov 2017, 13:53

On the other hand this is a manager who has won the LMA Manager's award more times than Wenger or Mourinho. He's clearly had a bad time of it since leaving Everton and one wonders if he can recover it.

As someone said on twitter - we complain when British managers aren't appointed but when they are, they don't want them at their club!

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 07 Nov 2017, 14:20

Toby wrote:As someone said on twitter - we complain when British managers aren't appointed but when they are, they don't want them at their club!

Because of the bad time he has had since he left the toffees.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 07 Nov 2017, 14:22

He'll have to hit the ground running that's for sure. He needs to learn from his mistakes at Sunderland, where what he perceived as realism about the club was widely seen as negativity. He needs to be positive, both on the training ground and in his public statements.

PENK
Midnight to Six Man

Postby PENK » 07 Nov 2017, 15:21

The Great Defector wrote:How much do you think he's gonna get fellaini for this time?

He doesn’t need him, he’s got Andy Carroll.
Copehead wrote:I have met Gruff Rhys - although he claimed he wasn't and that he couldn't speak Welsh, as I spoke to him in Welsh, but it was him lying bastard.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 07 Nov 2017, 15:22

Moyes has alot to prove. His last three jobs (Man Utd, Sociedad & Sunderland) have been less than convincing.

I'd like to wish him all the best.

But I can't - because he belittled Everton soon after leaving, and the club which stuck by him through some very difficult times deserved much better than that. I hope he gets relegated again. Sorry to West Ham (a club I kind of like) fans.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 20 Nov 2017, 08:41

Andy Carroll is the thickest cunt that ever took to a football pitch, FACT.

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 20 Nov 2017, 09:31

Pretty much.

There wasn't a great deal in yesterday's performance to suggest that we won't be relegated. Predictable, with Carroll pushed too high up the pitch. I guess Moyes was hamstrung by injuries. For all that, we could have drawn 2-2 easily as Gomes made a couple of amazing saves, but Watford were much, much better in general and deserved their win.

I think Moyes will get them fit and running again, given the absurd state of the side's stats on the pitch so far. But I'm struggling to see how he can really muster them into a side that have belief because I don't think he, deep down, has it either.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 20 Nov 2017, 09:50

His post match interview certainly seemed somewhat downbeat.