West Ham United FC

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
Rayge

Re: West Ham United FC

Postby Rayge » 22 Nov 2015, 14:59

Toby wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Tottenham win 3-0 today, but on the other hand I wouldn't be surprised if we won 2-0 either. Bilic will set up us defensively very well, especially with Reid back to fitness, yet without Payet I wonder whether we have the ability to win against what is clearly a very good Tottenham side. Good times for both sides in fairness.

Totally agree on all points, but I think the absence of Payet will probably be key.
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

Shoe Horn

Postby Shoe Horn » 29 Apr 2016, 17:48

Superb season, brilliant team. Bilic has proven to be a marvel. Dignity, honesty, entertaining football.

Up the 'ammers!

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 29 Apr 2016, 21:19

Shit, skope's back.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 27 Jul 2016, 12:44

An overdue but welcome tribute to the great Sir Bobby Moore.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-36885602
“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
"Don't be seduced into thinking that which did not make a profit is without value"
"'Seize the moments as they fly, know to live and learn to die'."

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 05 Aug 2016, 12:51

So West Ham have played their first game at their new home. Some thoughts at WestHamtillIdie

https://www.westhamtillidie.com/posts/2 ... r-new-home

I scoured a few comments pages from various sites about first perspectives on the new stadium. A lot commented on the atmosphere, which most thought was pretty good considering that it's new etc. Some didn't like it understandably, given that it's a lot more spacious and "modern" compared to the dense, cramped conditions at the Boleyn. It'll be interesting to see how the first few games pan out in the Premiership, but I'm hopeful that it'll be more intense than the Emirates.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 05 Aug 2016, 13:39

To be fair, my wardrobe is more intense than The Emirates.
"Don't be seduced into thinking that which did not make a profit is without value"

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 13 Sep 2016, 14:41

Toby wrote:So West Ham have played their first game at their new home. Some thoughts at WestHamtillIdie

https://www.westhamtillidie.com/posts/2 ... r-new-home

I scoured a few comments pages from various sites about first perspectives on the new stadium. A lot commented on the atmosphere, which most thought was pretty good considering that it's new etc. Some didn't like it understandably, given that it's a lot more spacious and "modern" compared to the dense, cramped conditions at the Boleyn. It'll be interesting to see how the first few games pan out in the Premiership, but I'm hopeful that it'll be more intense than the Emirates.

"Intense" ....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37348308

:?

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 27 Oct 2016, 12:06

It's times like this when I miss Skope's pearls of wisdom.

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 29 Oct 2016, 19:46

Everton off form and the Hammers with 3 wins on the trot.

It'll be an interesting game.

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 27 Nov 2016, 20:53

Important point at Old Trafford this afternoon.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 07 Jan 2017, 08:01

Rayge wrote:At times such as these, I miss ’skope

fire and fueryIre

Postby fire and fueryIre » 07 Jan 2017, 09:53

Diamond Dog wrote:
Rayge wrote:At times such as these, I miss ’skope

At times such as these, the West Ham keeper seems to have missed everything punted his way.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 09 Jan 2017, 13:54

I like Bilic, it's pity his best player either looks like he couldn't be arsed because he wants to be else where, or he's not as good on a consistent basis like most us thought he would be.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Teabag
The docker's delight

Postby Teabag » 12 Jan 2017, 06:32

I first saw West Ham in October 1968 at The Boleyn Ground when Geoff Hurst slammed six past Sunderland in an 8-0 win. I was my 12th birthday. I spent the next few years worth of home games on the south bank watching Hurst, Moore, Peters, Bonds and...yes...Harry Redknapp. He took the right wing while Johnny Sissons rampaged down the left. Fingers Ferguson stood in goal.

I also now realise I am an old fart who cannot abide their presence in an athletics stadium with too much space between the pitch and the stands. That's cool. I can easily let things go now. It's one of the great benefits of getting older.
I could be wrong. I usually am.

borofan

Postby borofan » 12 Jan 2017, 16:24

Seems like Payet wants out, and has thrown his toys out of the pram. Inevitable, I suppose.
We're usually skipping around the function room in our long-johns by now...

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 12 Jan 2017, 16:35

He's 29, even if he goes somewhere he'll only be on top form for maybe another 2 or 3 seasons physically. Stupid boy.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 12 Jan 2017, 16:59

The Great Defector wrote:He's 29, even if he goes somewhere he'll only be on top form for maybe another 2 or 3 seasons physically. Stupid boy.

And make an absolute killing as a signing on fee.

It's all money. Always money when players start this kind of behaviour. As Bilic rightly says, he's been tapped up and has been promised a fortune to move now.

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 12 Jan 2017, 17:19

And the only sensible thing to do is to sell him, for the right fee of course.

I imagine it'll be £25 million or so. £40 million to a Chinese club. A sad state of affairs as you'd think he'd be loyal at least until the end of the season.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 12 Jan 2017, 17:26

Toby wrote:And the only sensible thing to do is to sell him, for the right fee of course.

I imagine it'll be £25 million or so. £40 million to a Chinese club. A sad state of affairs as you'd think he'd be loyal at least until the end of the season.

Don't know, why give him want he wants straight away? I know it costs the club money to keep him in wages, but making him train by himself and not play even under 23's until the summer would send a message to the rest of the players and make a statement for the club. Although again, it will be costing the club money.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 12 Jan 2017, 17:28

Toby wrote:And the only sensible thing to do is to sell him, for the right fee of course.

West Ham just rejected a £19.1 million bid from Marseille.

I'm sure, of course, they just managed to come to that decision within the few hours of the Bilic press conference and tabling the bid.

Sell him and get the poison out of the door now and use the money in the transfer window.