Sports betting (not just golf...)

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
The Red Heifer
Fucking Crackers

Re: Sports betting (not just golf...)

Postby The Red Heifer » 10 Apr 2016, 11:06

Dipped my toe into the Masters with a fiver on Dustin Johnson at $21, certainly a live chance going into the final round. There's never any value (deservedly so I admit) on Jason Day and Adam Scott in Australian markets.
Wadesmith wrote:Why is it that when there's a 'What do you think of this?' post, it's always absolute cobblers?

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 10 Apr 2016, 23:02

It could yet be Johnson's. Extraordinary collapse from Spieth.

5 in front to 3 behind in the space of 3 holes.

He's still got 6 holes left but I will be amazed if he can come back from that.

The Red Heifer
Fucking Crackers

Postby The Red Heifer » 11 Apr 2016, 02:13

I cashed out when I had tripled my stake so I'm happy, I got as much value out of him as I was going to get. More money to play with today whilst at work I guess :lol:
Wadesmith wrote:Why is it that when there's a 'What do you think of this?' post, it's always absolute cobblers?

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 11 Apr 2016, 08:16

Casey saved my (betting) bacon..... just about broke even...

You know, Spieth really wasn't with it all week with his driver - unusually for him he was all over the place with it. His putting and scrambling kept him afloat throughout. I just think he relaxed having put together that fantastic run of four consecutive birdies and - bang- Augusta got him. Big big time. The collapse on the 12th was still shocking to watch though - the second shot into the water was the shot of a guy whose mechanics had completely seized up under pressure. He will recover, but those three holes will be etched into his memory for life, I'm sure - think of Rory and Augusta and how, three or four years on, he just isn't quite 'right' around the course, after his own final day collapse when having a seemingly unassailable lead.

Great win by Willett though - take nothing away from him. Even without the second into the water at the12th, I'm not sure Spieth would have held him off. He played pretty much faultlessly and thoroughly deserved the victory. Things are going to change for him now though...I hope him and his team are up to the inevitable challenges around his time as a new Masters winner.

I do love Augusta - it's the best course in the world, in my view. There just isn't a place where every single shot has to have 100% concentration and execution. You really haven't won it until you sink that final putt on the 72nd hole - and it always provides great drama. It's incredibly tough, but always fair and that's how the very best championship courses should be.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 11 Apr 2016, 08:16

Fantastic from Willet. How often do you see a bogey-free final round in a Major (especially at Augusta)?

Interesting that Westwood confessed to being under-prepared for the tournament having done very little practice in recent weeks. Maybe you've found your recipe for Major success Lee....!!

funky_nomad
paranoid

Postby funky_nomad » 11 Jul 2016, 15:18

Just piled into Danny Lee e/w at 125/1. Back in form after a T-3 at Castle Stuart last week, and he has the game for Majors.

And since Troon has a penchant for American winners of no great Major pedigree (Todd Hamilton, Mark Calcavecchia, to a lesser extent Tom Weiskopf) I'm also chucking a couple of quid on Patrick Reed at 60/1 and Brandt Snedeker at 66/1.
Just a penitent man

funky_nomad
paranoid

Postby funky_nomad » 14 Jul 2016, 16:28

funky_nomad wrote:Just piled into Danny Lee e/w at 125/1. Back in form after a T-3 at Castle Stuart last week, and he has the game for Majors.

And since Troon has a penchant for American winners of no great Major pedigree (Todd Hamilton, Mark Calcavecchia, to a lesser extent Tom Weiskopf) I'm also chucking a couple of quid on Patrick Reed at 60/1 and Brandt Snedeker at 66/1.

1 out of 3 ain't bad, I suppose...
Just a penitent man

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 18 Mar 2018, 11:08

Reading 17/2 for relegation with Betfair.

Honestly, anyone reading this.... get your money out of whatever accounts it is sitting in, even contemplate cashing in some policies, whatever you do, take advantage of this ridiculous price.

Reading are doomed.

1 win in 18 games, a tough run in, Birmingham now finding form.... I still think Sunderland are going to wake up and win some games. 100/1 to finish bottom is also exceptional value.

Lump it on.

Return to “Sporting Life”